Posts by Inthrutheout

I closed the eyes :sleeping: ... forgetting the price ... ;) push the Paypal button and ... done! 8o

So, now, let's hope ... and in the meanwhile my wife will never have to know or Kemper Team have to find a place for me there to stay!!!!!!

Early Bird ... became ... Shot Bird, you know what I mean!
    Ah, now I understood the 70 waiting days... are for us ... to find reasonable excuses/reasons before the machine enters the house ...

I hear ya with the wife thing. I love the fact that she does all of the bill work every month............I also hate the fact that........she does the bill work every month.

A voice comes from the other room-
    "Uh honey......what is this Kemper thing on the Visa card......oh...wait a minute...di..didnt you already spend $2200 dollars on one of these?! Yes, that green thing in your music room.......... Well ? :evil:
    "Uh ...yes dear...but this is the rest of it. :whistling:
    HUH?!

A couple hours later we are talking again but.........not what I want to talk about.

Uh...we have states here in the U.S.
    No place to put the state. Zip code should get it here but not sure what CC company will think.
    No need to put United States if shipping from the U.S.
    The problem with the incorrect format may be with your credit card. When ordering online with a card, your address MUST match exactly.
    I am not sure if when we ordered if it did a card check or not. If they did and something was wrong it would not go through.
    If there was no check on the card, what will happen when they finally try to charge the card and the info is not correct or formatted properly? A bunch of failures?
    Hopefully it wont end up a major problem come shipping time.

Come on guys, you are charging a premium for these things. We are buying them. So lets at least get the shipping right :whistling::thumbup: .
    I will recheck the U.S. store site to see if you correct the issues and maybe we can reput our information in correctly.

FULL NAME
    HOUSE NUMBER- STREET/ ROAD
    TOWN OR CITY STATE ZIP CODE (POSTAL CODE)

Really, what I don't get in this whole discussion about price and such is that a shitty little tool that I can't think of as more than a toy is causing all this fuss.
    I mean - what does a looper pedal cost? Basic ones with about 5 minutes of recording time you can get for less than 100 €. A pedal such as Digitech Jam Man (which has a lot more to offer than the Kemper's 30 seconds or recording time and which can store up to 99 different loops etc. etc.) is about 170 €. So if you really want to have this silly looper thing, and you already have a controller that you're happy with, buy the Digitech and save the rest for a nice evening out.
    To me though the value of the Kemper remote is integration, easy to handle, easy to backup, easy to control, one cable, .... built quality, no new FW can mess up what you have programmed ... and for real professionals the possibility to run two remotes at the same time in "sync" with each other. I don't get it.

Ive got the JamMan stereo which wasnt really cheap but I have to change the levels on my mixer and my pedal from when I record to when I play back. I dont even use the damn thing because of it. Too much of a pain. If I hook it directly in line it will change my recording to the rig I am playing at any given time. Other connections then it destroys the quality of the Kempers sound. I can get it to sound good but every time I record I have to go hands on with in and out levels and that is no good. I have tried a handfull of hookups but none I was happy with. Shame because I really like the pedal, it does a lot.I was using it when I use to be an amper. Hey I coined a new phrase, amper. You know, them guys that lug around them big heavy things. :)

I guess if it really is that easy to control the looper functionality some third party developer will soon be very pleased to chime in and offer a (cheap) solution. Maybe you guys should not sell your Behringers too soon ;)

I have thought of this too being a big possibility after someone gets the pedal and reverse engineers it. But for a formal company to do it, they would want to know they could sell at least so many. How many Kempers sold? How many are buying the KPR so how many does that leave? Then you can knock off how many just dont give a hoot about it altogether. Would the market be big enough? Maybe it is easy enough for a competent low level engineer musician to figure out. Then again maybe it needs a handshake from a piece of hardware in the looper first. Maybe the Kemper needs to "see" the pedal before even waking the looper function. I dont know. This is not my field, I tinker a bit but I just remodel houses so what do I know.

I do like the build from what I can see in the pictures. I like its size. One wire is really nice too. I dont want to take anything away from the KPR because it should be very useful especially for musicians that actually play out unlike me who keeps it at home. If I could get my dedicated looper to play better with the Kemper I wouldnt even consider the KPR because my looper does SO much more.

I think they could have offered a little more on the loopers functionality than described. More time and maybe a memory card or something.
    But that would have entailed more than just "waking" the looper function up. If I am even correct to understand that this is what is happening

I am not understanding why discussing price is taboo with some. This is the thread for the release of the KPR. We have waited a while to see what it will have, what it will do, and of course we were all equally waiting to see the price. Of course price matters. Isnt it obvious? So I believe it is a legitimate topic.

They will charge what they will charge. Sales will show if they made the right decision.

Ok but that changes nothing I said. They could have added the software at any time and why would they not open it up directly on the KPA now that they have it? If, in fact, that is the case.
    In the gaming world they call that DLC. (downloadable content) A way to create revenue from something already created, for the most part. Hey I understand business. I have one. We do this to make money, I get that but how you go about it can be questionable at times.

The price is a bit steep. Essentially you are buying buttons to tell the Kemper, yes, no, on and off. Functionality is already in the Kemper. This is just a glorified switch box with a small display screen, which are a dime a dozen. Granted it works just for the Kemper (proprietary). Thats where the "We can charge what we want" comes in.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Kemper. It is about the best piece of guitar equipment I have ever bought and would not get rid of it for the world unless I lost the wrong fingers where I couldn't play any more.

I have to agree with some about the looper. I cant help but to think it is a bit underhanded. Since it is already in the Kemper, it just needs a couple simple commands from a $2 switch and an led to show state.
    I am no engineer but as far as enabling the looper with no pedal at all directly on the Kemper seems a simple deal with software. Hell, there are a hundred LEDs on the Kemper to show state.
    They could make a simple switch pedal or use an existing button on the Kemper just for the looper instead of forcing people to buy the KPR for the functionality it already possesses.
    The poster that pointed out the secretive stance Kemper had on reporting how the looper would be implemented had a valid point.

It seams that "they" did not want to let on that your Kemper has had this functionality from the day you bought it. They wait until the release statement for the KPR to let us know.
    I believe it would have been a bit messy on here for some during the buildup of the Pedalboard threads if we knew the facts.
    The reason I am going on about this is because they dont seam to have given owners an option to at least use it directly on the Kemper. You cant tell me it would not be easy to implement.

I believe they needed an extra functionality to push this price range. That being the "existing" looper. What else does it offer really? Change banks and remote viewing. Where is the money?

I insist on quality in just about everything I buy. Yes Germany is known for its great engineering. So you can hope to expect the Kemper products follow that and if they do then you can expect to pay a bit more but....I get that. But how much?
    Where are all of the electronics sourced from? Electronic components today are cheap. A heavy duty encasement is easy to do. It is the internals that really matter. I have no idea of the internals quality in my Kemper. I am guessing they are good. I get no unwanted noise. It has a beautiful sound quality, etc.
    The only way I will realize the true quality of something in this price range is longevity. We will see.

As far as the build quality of the Kemper from the outside view, I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. I like it and it is good but the knobs feel very cheap to me. They have a very easy lateral movement. (The stem flexes very easy). I never liked that and it has turned me away from buying other electronic devices in the past.
    If I looked at the Kemper in person and felt those knobs I would not have bought it. Now if I heard it AND felt the knobs.........well yes I would have bought it anyway. :)
    But if there were competition that does just what the Kemper does, I would have looked deeper into the quality of the build and used that as my deciding factor.
    Another thing I notice every time I sit down and play my Kemper is the gap between the face plate and the aluminum "hood". It is eye level and I can look right through it. Simple thing I know but a little odd for something in this price range.

I think when someone opens up the first pedalboard they may be a bit underwhelmed and wonder where the money went.

With all of this said, once again, I love my KPA and I really appreciate what this company has done. It is a beautiful thing indeed. But I will still call it as I see it.

----QUESTIONS-----
    How many of you would buy this if it didnt have the looper?
    How much would you be willing to pay then?

Now the big question. :) Will I buy it?

Probably. Why? Because I am a dumbass and I can afford it.
    Besides, I am on the list. But if I go to order it when it is time and I cant get it before too long I may just forget it and let it go though.
    I only play at home so I don't "need" it.
    But I want the looper dammit. I have a much more detailed one but it is a bit of a pain getting it to not mess up my sound in the chain with the Kemper.

Please dont flame me and my opinion. That is all it is.....an opinion.
    And if I am wrong or incorrect with anything technical I said, I apologize ahead of time.

You seam pretty excited to get your money back on the Kemper and saving so much by only spending $130 on your new rig. But I understand money is tight at a measly $350 g a month. Maybe you need to fill the rest of your time with a second job so you can afford to re-aquire your Kemper since you have so much time off. Would like to see the rest of your rig though.

Regardless of people's sensitivities, is it really necessary? Is it the best choice of a descriptive word? This is a public forum and you have people from all over the world from different walks of life on here with different views than yours. This is not your personal space or you hanging out with your bros. There is this thing called common courtesy, which is becoming extinct.

I am the farthest thing from a saint, trust me, but I do try to have respect for others.....within reason. Some people are ridiculous with censorship but seriously.......this isn't a censorship issue. It is a common courtesy issue. And for all of you chiming in just to use the word over again, well, your character is shining through. Hey, look at me, I'm a rebel!

I am a little older metal head too but I know when I am in Rome and I act accordingly. But that is just me and my 2 cents. You can save it or throw it in the well.

I'm having this same problem and have tried deleting the database and also reinstalling. No luck. X(

Having to wait an hour for it to sync keeps it from being usable for me ...

Did you try deleting Rig Manager entirely and not just the database? That is what worked for me. I did find one rig that I left out because when I tried to delete just the rigs, the one rig would not delete. I can not remember the name of it though. So I just deleted the software entirely and put back in my saved rigs without the one questionable rig. Not sure if that was the issue but since I have had no problems.

Not sure if any of you have tried this but I connected my Bose Soundlink Mini to my mixer and it sounds absolutely incredible considering its very small size. I normally use my Adam A7X Studios but there are times I just wanted to hear some of my other inputs into the mixer for just general listening. The Bose and the Kempler sound great together. If you just play in your bedroom or in another small room these minis may impress, playing clean or distorted. I am not kidding when I tell you that just for small room jamming these Bose Minis are great. If you have one just give it a try. Of course they wont replace a full setup but you may be quite surprised. They are Bluetooth too so you can use them with anything. Surprising bottom end also.

I also bought a Boss FS-6 and added a switch so I can leave the cord plugged in. I am a tinkerer so I tear things apart before I throw them away and save parts for other projects. I have a bunch of types of switches but I found one that works perfect for the Boss. If they were to put one on in at the factory I believe this is what it would look like.

http://i409.photobucket.com/al…Switch%20Mod/IMG_2467.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/al…Switch%20Mod/IMG_2468.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/al…Switch%20Mod/IMG_2469.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/al…Switch%20Mod/IMG_2471.jpg