Posts by Pre-Amp

Dear utha,
    No matter how well intended the advice is, NO buzz is worth risking getting fried for. In my opinion, removing grounds is not really well 'grounded' advice!
    Health and safety first.
    Systematic elimination of potential sources of the 'buzz' within safe confines next.
    Incidentally, do you still get the problem if you use headphones to monitor?

I hope you safely find the solution to your issues.
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp

Hello,
    When playing live with a JT Variax and a Strat, I use input presets that I set up for each Variax Model after unlocking the input settings.
    When I change Rig and guitar or even from a louder to quieter model, my input settings are adjusted according to the preset.
    Since the latest Rig manager up date, I've had a few issues when copying Rigs between set lists with input settings going a little AWOL!
    When that happens I just have to re select from the Inpit section.
    hope this helps!
    Pre-Amp

Dear Andy,
    You are LEGEND in Kemper terms. The AC30 pack is awesome. I am glad that the other packs will remain available too. I will be exploring those in the future.
    I use almost entirely Amp Factory Profiles for the live shows I do. I always get complements about tone.
    You deserve all the praise you are getting for your excellent work.
    Looking forward to what is coming next.
    Very best wishes.
    Pre-Amp

Dear Meambobbo,
    I had just a few mins spare yesterday so I downloaded your Reverb pack. What an astonishing job you've done on them all. Interestingly, I particularly liked Bloom 2.
    All we need now is for Kemper to make more than one delay available in both pre and post amp positions.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Hello Everyone,
    I was lucky enough to get tickets for Jools Holland's Later Live show last week. Duran Duran were headlining the show. From where I was standing, I could clearly see the guitarist's
    equipment rack. Alongside what looked like a power conditioner, were two Kemper power racks. One main, (used on every song) one backup.
    The guitarist also used a 2x12 Mesa cabinet for monitoring. His rigs sounded cool! I believe he uses Mesa Roadsters and Fender Twins with Duran Duran, but I couldn't see the display clearly enough to tell if those were the profiles he was using.
    If Kemper is good enough for Duran Duran, it's good enough for me!
    Happy playing everyone!
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone,
    I think this is generally a very sensible and practical request. However, I use the looper in one song where I need to record the loop on one rig (performance slot) then change to different slot to perform the solo that goes with it. This means timing the loop perfectly, restarting it, switching out of looper mode, engaging the next performance slot, (all in two bars at 128 bpm) then I
    play the solo, while re-engaging loop mode to stop the loop in time to enter the chorus which is on another performance slot.
    All slots have different rigs!
    A 'hold to engage' function would screw this fine art right up!
    Choice is king! By all means make hold to engage an option but not as a default.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone,
    I have Windows 8.1 and until today have never had any problems downloading and installing Rig Manager updates. I have managed to download the MSI file to my PC but cannot get it to install. The computer keeps sending me this error message: "The System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." Also, when I turn on my computer there is an error message about not being able to join any windows groups. Never seen either of these two messages before. Can anyone help me sort this out? It is perplexing that something that has always been so easy now seems impossible. By the way, I have been able to download and install the latest firmware upgrade via USB with no issues whatsoever. Thanks Kemper for this!
    Help please!
    Pre-Amp

Hi Everyone.
    I've seen that there have been some issues with Rig Manager 1.5 and midi.

Last night I updated to Rig Manager 1.5 and also to the latest OS 3.1.2 Public Beta on the toaster. I updated the toaster first then Rig Manager before linking to my PC.

I use performance mode all the time, so was delighted to see a Performance Mode section in Rig Manager. This is a great new addition to Rig Manager, thank you CK!

I like the way it's set up and thought it would save me lots of time shunting slots about. Indeed, it did save much time. However, when copying a slot from one Performance to another, the name of the slot did not copy which means having to always rename the slot. A niggle really, but it would be great if the slot name would also copy.

I also found when working back through each Performance, via the remote, not all the rigs were what they should have been. They were still the rig that previously filled that slot. I had to check each one against a back up I'd made in Rig Manager and the copy them over again. I did all this while connected to my PC by USB cable.

Once I was happy that all the slots were correct with the right rigs and names, I disconnected from the PC. I then checked that they were all still correct. They were. I then powered down and then back up to check them again. They were all still ok.

I'm pretty sure that the ones that didn't work properly were slots I had moved up or down in the Performance in Rig Manager.

Has anyone else had this issue linked up to a Kemper Remote? Am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards
    Pre-Amp
    :)

Hi Danger,
    I've been using an unpowered
    toaster live for a while now. Initially using a Boss GT10 to change rigs in performance mode, then using the Remote since I got that.
    I connect direct to a stereo channel on the sound desk and recieve a headphone monitor mix that I send through the Kemper to add more me to the headphone out. This works quite well for now but I am aiming for proper IEMs in the long term.
    I find that when doing our own
    sound, the kemper more than holds it's own and lots of people ask how I get so many great tones without an
    amp in sight. Obviously, I tell them that I am, in fact magic!
    The only time I've had any real issues has been when other people have been doing the sound. We played one festival where the sound man kept messing with the FOH mix on an I pad and didn't realise he was also changing the monitor mix at the same time. This caused all kinds of issues on stage and ruined what should have been an enjoyable set! In that set I had a Green scream overdrive on one rig which sounded fine in all our rehearsal but was blisteringly loud during the gig. I had to back off my guitar volume so much the whole rig sounded dire. I think the sound guy boosted my channel and didn't realise. Then he did nothing
    to bring it back down until it was too late in the song.
    Otherwise, I have no need to lug
    any cabs or other gear. Just the Kemper and remote plus guitars. Set up takes a matter of minutes and I have
    all the advantages of a consistent sound source for guitar.
    It's brilliant live. I play a wide range of different sounds and it does them all with style.
    I think a few more flexible FX additions would help. Though this not a reason to ignore it as live tool.
    I hope this helps. Sorry I can't comment on the powered version, I simply did not need the power amp so didn't spend the extra cash on it!
    Good luck!
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

I'd be really interested if they produce a larger version that could act as a PA in venues with up to 250 people. Pair it up with a sub and use it as FOH. Now just two speakers to lug for a five piece band! (All monitoring as IEM).
    I presume it would be set up behind the band so, in theory, even the band could listen to FOH for monitoring.
    In theory, the FOH levels can be kept down without any clarity being lost and the whole room (and beyond) gets a stereo image of the sound.
    I would have thought this would be a logical progression for this idea.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

Hi DominicDot,
    What a great excuse for developing your Kemper knowledge and skills!
    Although, I have never done any profiling, I am interested in what you are doing. I've had a Kemper for just over a year now. I can honestly say it is the best piece of gear I have ever bought.
    Keep me posted on what you're doing.
    Kind regards
    Pre-Amp

Yes, this does help but it is so easy to accidentally paste over an entire performance that a slot at a time is often the only way. For a 30 song set I have about 60 slots give or take.
    When the order changes, getting everything in the right order with as few repeats in any gaps as possible, takes a long time.
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp