Posts by Davemiley

Give the RCF Art series a try also if you can. I use a 715 (the 15" gives me that bottom end punch I want and with a little low cut it's never boomy)

I wish that one had two channels like my QSC k12-2 & EV speakers. Both those have two channels as does the CLR. So far, I am liking my 1000 watt EVM 15 wedge . One channel in my regular monitor mix, the other is for my Kemper _Monitor out) .

Atomic CLR Neo MKII or Red Sound RS-LG12/NEO

Who has played on both and which do you like better ? Why ?

Don't know if Atomic will ever get the CLR Neo MK II in stock again. Been waiting almost a year ! No strait answer from them yet as to when i will be able to get one. Since I am long past tired of waiting , I came across the Red Sound RS-LG12/NEO. Thinking of going with it.

I have tried a Mission cab, Friedman ASM12 ( I really liked it, but a bit too heavy to haul around and the ASM 10" version just does not have enough girth to the sound). I tried an Xitone FRFR , just sounded harsh when turned to live band volume.

The procedure is explained in the tutorial videos on our website. In a nutshell you need to set the pedal location to post stack on the volume pedal page in the rig menu and then lock the volume pedal using the vol.ped.lock option. Activate the wah to volume option on the pedal links page in the system menu. From then on the pedal will control volume as soon as the wah is deactivated.

Okie dokie !! Thanks !!

OK , I will try to word this right. How do I set this up ? I have figured out how to use it just as a Wha pedal and various ways to have it on or off. Heel, Toe , touch,

I wish for it to be a volume pedal when wha is not engaged, however, I wish for my volume pedal function to be after my gain and amps but before delay and reverb .

I have all the cables needed.

Some one please walk me through this or send a video link that shows how. None I have seen go into to much detail about this .

Your help will be very appreciated !

I am not really good on DIY> I am on some things , but I doubt i could build a cab worth a darn. However, I did order the Xitone FRFR active wedge rather than the GRFR or the MBritt sig cab . One main reason is I want a more Flat response to make it easier to match what my Kemper in doing FOH. The Other reason is, I can buy the Celestion driver that is in the GRFR or Bitt cab for $90 and switch them out for a different flavor. Though I doubt I will actually ever do that. Any decent active FRFR cab I can use as a wedge or backline will do me fine. The Friedman ASM is just too bulky and I did not really like the ASM10 . If I really like the Xitone when it gets here , I may not be interested in the Atomic CLR Neo MKII anymore.

Yes John , that is me ! I went ahead an ordered the Xitone FRFR. I should get it in about a week to 10 days. My reason for the FRFR instead of the GRFR or the MBritt sig cab . . . I can buy the Celestion driver that goes in the GRFR or the MBritt cab for $90.00 and switch it out for a different flavor if I need to.

Playing live, the 1st thing I noticed using a separate FRFR cab instead of running my Kemper in the same floor Monitor mix with everything else, the separation made everything cleaner , clearer, and fuller sounding while being able to turn the over all volume down on both. Everything is just a little less garbled and a clearer. I never thought I would be playing on something like the Kemper and really liking it . . . but I am ! Though I love my real tube amps and pedals , none of my top shelf pedals sound like, or as real, as a cranked amp profile . My SRV tone is a cranked tweed deluxe profile , not a Tube screamer ! I use only about five MBritt profiles with different gain settings to get all my basic sounds. Matchless JJ, Fender Tweed, 3rd power Black Face , Dumble and a Marshall. Thank you very much for your recommendation on the Xitone ! I have heard absolutely nothing but positive comments/feedback on the Xitone stuff so far.

I got the Non -powered Kemper Rack on purpose. Mainly because of all the other power amp options out there that are light weight and might sound better . . . such as the Matrix , or even a Tube power amp such as the Fryette PS2 . Another thing I noticed when running the Kemper through a tube power amp and regular guitar cab . . . all the amp profiles did not sound all that different from each other . . espeasually on the High gain amp sounds. The true amp personality comes out way more obvious through an FRFR Cab. Maybe a really good tube power amp into a passive FRFR cab . . . may be the ultimate ?? . . or at least worth a try ??:?:8)

I got tired of waiting for the Atomic CLR Neo MK II to get back in stock. I have been on the waiting list for over two months now. So I just ordered a brand new Xitone FRFR active wedge . I will post a review when i get it in a run it through the paces.

I will still buy the Atomic CLR when it finally comes in.

I did not see where to do a search , I'll look again .. Nope, I did not see where very many are using he Xitone stuff , However , most who are satisfied with their gear usually no longer have a reason to be in the forums !

I am very curious about the Xitone active FRFR Wedge. Who has one ? tell me about it.

I have been on the waiting list for the Atomic CLR Neo MK II for months . I need a decent FRFR Cab NOW !

Anyone using an Xitone FRFR active wedge ? . . Tell me about it . Thanks