Posts by Awesome_Elvis

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

Here's an idea to chew on...

Gain staging profiling.

Here's how it works and how I explained to CK which he replied with that they have thought about it and were thinking about it or something similar way back in like 2018-2019. Or maybe 2017? Anyways,

Your set up to profile a pedal, pre amp, power Amp, cab and mic setup.

Start profiling from the pedal to the pre Amp, it pauses and you change the wiring, now effects return poweramp only pause and change, power amp into cab and mic, done. The idea is that you could profile everything every step of the way (unless there's no effects loop obviously) and then combine them together to make one profile. This way everything can be tweaked after and individually.

My new idea with this is, if Kemper up'd the cpu and dsp, then there could be room for this. Add in an internal load box and a poweramp and you could essentially dial each stage separate and then more interchangeable possibilities are open.

I have now had a chance to test it and the Mix (Pre) and Grit controls do indeed have an effect on the sound even with delay time set to 0ms. Whether this is the same sort of afect that an echoplex would have is another story. I have never used an Echoplex or one of the Echoplex preamp only type pedal such as EP Boost etc. so I can't compare them but it does have a nice fattening effect which might be worth trying to see if it does what you need.

Sounds like the sauce to me ^^

I'm not sure but maybe the lead boost could do it if just an eq can't get it there. Looking at the schematic I would lean more towards the lead boost for its tone shaping abilities. Soft shaper maybe or who knows, maybe something unconventional like the kemper drive or Full oc drive at low settings is the ticket.

Completely off the rails and more bells and whistles that do more than ring and screech.

I'm willing to bet we, the ones that want a next version, will get just about everything we've asked plus some new cool stuff. Most of which, people who don't care or want a version 2, won't use and that's fine because...

KPA 2.0 Deluxe Supreme edition ISN'T FOR THEM, IT'S FOR US!!! Yall are just fine with the current hardware and will have no need to upgrade unless you just want to. This will be for us who want and need a few more things and for the people who don't have any digital unit yet.

I feel like that's something that's easily overlooked. Some of yall look at YOUR needs being met as a way to say that this is all anybody needs. That's crazy to me because you have no idea what people who don't have anything want or need that are looking into the digital arena right now. Anybody is capable of downloading manuals and being able to determine if a unit is right for them. I'm SURE, there's people out there who have thought about a Kemper decide to take a chance elsewhere because it lacks XYZ.

Everyone who says, this is perfect and we don't want a new one is wasting their cyber breath here. This is the place where we can subjectively and objectively converse about a predecessor.

Yall should go start your own thread called,

"Top 20 reasons why we don't need or want a kpa2 and why it will never happen or possibly be any better than it already is." But yall do whatever you want, this is the interent after all.

Now I'm gonna go back to Team Color Touchscreen. Yes we want it. Don't care if you don't or wouldn't buy it, then don't. Food for thought. There is a guitar shortage. 16 MILLION people have decided to start playing guitar. In a few years they will start buying more gear, joining bands, playing shows and recording at home and they are gonna want something badass and tech'd out. Their ages are between 16 to 35.

Front input eq would be nice and a little different.

Allow the front gate to be able to change to a different gate style and movable in the chain.

An actual dry blend knob in the cabinet section.

How about some more compound effect types?

Boosters with comps

Dirt and overdrive/ fuzzes with gates.

Just a few things I thought of that could be implanted in the current hardware and/or implementation into a new hardware while keeping the current architecture in mind.

Is it time to tally yet? Here's the basics of what I got.

1. More effects.

2. A new profiling option for those hard to profile situations.

3. A smaller form factor version.

4. Dual cabs and/or dual amps. (3 would be ideal I think.)

5. Touch screen and physical controls.

6. Waterproof lol

Being a former QC owner, I can say that in my opinion a touchscreen would be a very welcome addition to the Kemper world.

The touchscreen on my QC was very responsive. I didn’t have any of the problems that people here are worrying about.

And it could be optional, of course. If Kemper implements a touchscreen, I hope they would make all the functions available via buttons and knobs as well, for those who do not like to use touchscreens.

I was just about to say both would be the move.

Easy Fix Eq Trick thread Merged profiles all the way. Even using a DI profile and merging it would give my ears a slight change in sound but it's like the difference between Morgan Freeman talking to your face a few feet away with or without a small paper napkin in front of his face. It can be tough to find a cab that always stays the same because after adjusting to a sound for a long time and then trying something new because the current sound of the cab ain't slappin that knock as much or so it seems will always yield the idea that something wrong or not quite right.

As stated earlier and above, really the difference if any is pretty small. You might try something that aren't conventional and find some new tricks that work better for the time being. I use to SWEAR by the character knob in the cab section always cranked to 5 to really hear the profile. I did this for a long time but unfortunately some cabs would create a spikey whistle noise that was like ice on ice picking ice if ice could ice pick ice when also at the same time playing through a real cab and going direct ( can't remember why this is). I LOVED the sound in the headphones tho and would shout this "trick" from the mountain. No one I talked to did this like I did.

These days I actually have been turning it the other direction for a more hairy zizzle kind of sound as my tastes have changed a little bit( I find many profiles to be a bit dark and kinda of blankety, also the hi low cut in the output section helped with this too.).

I also used to run a treble booster in the x slot in a certain way for these types of reasons with great results as others have found too. I'll post the thread up top, it might help.

that’s the problem when you upgrade your products with tons of new options but still give no more than 8 blocks…

4 pre is not much, just a wha, a compressor, a distortion and a gate or octaver.
    4 pre is really not too, reverb, delay, eq, chorus… where do I put a double tracker for exemple?

and where am I gonna stack my modulation for fun after they creatively update the modulations with cool new and innovative additions? 8o Definitely can't give up my distortion and eq that I will definitely have to gate. :S

To be honest that’s not something that really interest me personally. I have never managed to use all 8 blocks for anything (although the ability to decide how many blocks are pre Stand and how many Post Stack might be nice to have). I actually fear having too many eq/compressor/gate etc in the signal path. For most things Less Is More. The idea of eqs at every point is a bit Yngwie to me - “How can less ever be more? More is More !”

I definitely do see the case for a dedicated deep EQ for the monitor out for room correction though.

I'm just saying I've noticed several requests for individual output eq's of different types, many many requests for a studio or graphic eq in the stack eq before and/or after the cab and a few for an input eq. In this, is my view of how I see it as not necessarily a more is more scenario but a there's not enough and having more would been seen as a ground zero level addition kind of idea.

After another round of jamming the current big 3 (in headphones), I have come to this temporary conclusion. ;)

Quad cortex is the most instant gratification soundwise. Easiest to get a great detailed sound and has an electric hairyness that's very pleasing to the ears but it's a bit like eating lots of candy and leaves you with a feeling like maybe I shouldn't do this for too long but you do it anyways. Very thick scholastic, and splayed sound.

FM9 hands down the best sounding effects (for the most part). Hope the cortex can catch up and bigger hopes Kemper will come through eventually as well. I love the kemper and cortex effects but FM9 just slays there. Amp tones are great and all with a vibe of their own but I did spend the most time tweaking here. I can navigate just fine and know a few tricks to get where I want but it is a lot of back and forth, up and down side to side. Amp switching with foot buttons need work arounds to close that gap in audio when doing certain amp switching maneuvers.

Kemper all in all still holds its weight in tone and feel with further extensions of extra sonic capabilites. I added more gain to a Mbritt dumble profile and then boosted the front end and used a different cab. Absolutely slapped. I'm gonna dream about a new Kemper that has Fractal level effects and routing. I suppose I could just use the fm9 in 4 cable mode but sure would be nice to have this all in one. There are for sure some very unique kemper effects and sounds, it's just a damn shame there isn't more room for them. At this point I would even buy a Kemper Effects Only unit if they had one and use it for guitar, synths and vocals. One could only imagine a unit as flexible and powerful as the other units but loaded to the teeth with current and, new and improved Kemper effects. Your(and my) 2 cents may vary. :saint:

I could see a model that just has more effects slots and more morphing snapshots per preset or something like that. Maybe an option for built in stereo power Amp ( in a floor unit this would slay, IMO.)

Maybe more eq in more places with different options for type (input eq , pre and post Amp at the same time, more cabinet eq, post cab etc.) That is to say if can't or won't add anymore.

I mean, if they're not gonna do anything with the profiling portion and they're not gonna make a stomp size Kemper then all I can see that's left is more like a Kemper Deluxe Supreme rather than an actual Kemper 2. Same basic idea and layout but with more effects and a few extras here and there. It really wouldn't kill them to make the next Gen with enough profiling and processing power to profile pedals, pedal combinations, pre and power Amp as separate profiles etc.

Having the ability to modify every step of your signal chain at gain staging increments is a nice feature and would add another layer of sonic exploration. I suppose we can do this now in some ways but then it doesn't leave much room for other effects.

I've bought pro profiles, made my own, and download hundreds of free ones. I can rarely recall a single one I didn't adjust or add anything to it to make it "better". First thing I ever profiled was a dual Amp setup with a 50 percent double cab Sim from my pod hd500 and it sounded better on its own but after adjusting every possible parameter in the kemper I got a tone that felt and sounded 10 times what I had started with. So to me, in no way could it sound better from the source for sure if the accuracy is 90 to 99 percent give or take, but if altered additions are factored in then where taking it to 105 to 115 percent better overall. If they're not gonna make it smaller than they should make it bigger. Basically pointing to just more effects from their perspective it looks like. They have no interest it seems in dual Amp, dual cab, multiple mic inputs etc. And if their feeling is you need to bring your own extra effects they might not even do that. I hope they do tho. WE, wanna see a Kemper 2, whatever that's going to be, even if they don't really want to this or that.

I've often thought it would be nice to introduce some extra parameters into the Amp section. I mean really, we're guitar players, give us an extra knob that does anything we didn't have before that does something ranging from subtle to extreme and we'll make use of it and then swear by it after we implement it in any fashion. They can keep the current profile algorithm environment or whatever they call it and just add something that adds extra control to changes in the sound in a unique or interesting way and see us go crazy with it.