Posts by Awesome_Elvis

Thanks y'all! if I take it to a computer shop, I might even get them to shorten it a bit. then I could maybe have 2 cables? Fingers crossed! I know the remote side has that mega latch but a regular ether net cable should work the same ,ya?

Any problems with 5 anybody? I am having artifacts with high gain distortion rigs now and then with version 4, so perhaps version 5 beats the gremlins off the Kemper, hopefully.

I noticed some weird gritty artifacts with some of the new delay presets when I started playing through my 4x12 cab with my powered toaster, but I quickly realized it was because I usually run the character knob on full blast through headphones and if I'm using a snapshot or other saved rig through a cab and I don't have pure cab on and at least at 4.9 then I get some weird high end scatter that sounds filtery, which, is then echoed through by the delay. I turned down the character knob and it went away. I have monitor cab off but the cab parameters will still affect the sound.

Not a super big issue as I've learned to work around it but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that even with Monitor cab off, going through a real cab with a powered toaster, if I tweak the cab parameters such as low and high shift dramatically, it carries over into the sound even after I turn off the actual cab module itself. So, even with monitor cab off, and/or the cab module off ,with or without pure cab, if I heavily change the high and low shift or character knob, it affects the sound. Anyone else have this or noticed it? Problems, concerns, solutions?Cheers! :thumbup:

I had a "The Dude" for a while, and when I bought it , it was when I was gonna be a 2nd archer because I had traded my 1st one to a friend and I missed it. So I did a shoot out of the Ikon and the Archer and last second I also demo'd the dude. I ended up picking the dude because it had so much more to work with. Somehow it started not working for what I needed it to and moved to an Andy Timmons, "The @" overdrive which worked well and had even more to work with. It's funny how I've ended up coming full semi-circle ;)

Thanks guys, I'll give the mouse trick a try!

I've had good success using the mix parameter on most of the distortions. And I've used treble , lead and pure boosts in different places with good success. Really , I just want that Sculpt algorithm from the H9 as a stomp in the Kemper , it's so bad ass. But I've also been gasing for a JHS Archer too. All that mod does is give everything a touch of more but it sounds really good. Guess I'll have to get another H9, oh darn...

A few years ago I worked at a Geetar Centré and I got to play a silver Klon through some old 1978 Marshall and to this day I still daydream about that tone. That fierce, transparent overdrive that rippled through the room has stuck with me to this day. The Archer, especially the JHS one kinda gives that same feel. But even though the difference is subtle, I'm still confident that it can be achieved through other means within a very narrow margin of difference if any. I'm still learning about pre and post parametric eq'ing but things are shaping up

I know this is kinda of a strange request but I really like that sound and miss it a lot. I have been trying all sorts of weird things to try to get that sound but haven't been very susscessful.

I finally got to try a Helix with a couple of small cheap floor monitors in stereo beside it and I gotta say for sure that my HD500X never sounded that good. I played a squire baritone jazzmaster through it in Drop A and tried the patch labeled "Ha!You Said Djent" and it did just that.

I had a tough time with my hd500's but always loved the effects. A true Helix test for me would be through a traditional cab and put it again my powered toaster. In the end I will probably still need one because particle verb

First, the "Sculpt" algorithm on the H9 is just... I don't know if words can describe how awesome it is but I'll try. Amazingly beautifully flawlessly breathtakingly perfect? I've used it on a real Mesa Triple Rectifier and I've used it on the KPA and now I feel like I'm going to have to get another h9 for just that, with the knowing that the delays reverbs, etc. will be "An added bonus" LOL!!! I've been wanting a JHS modded Archer for a few weeks and I'll probably still get one but... that Sculpt tho... bruh... it's like the ultimate tube screamer Klon hybrid! And maybe that might a bit over the top analysis but I feel it's been earned due to how integrated it can be your tone. It takes some tweaking to get it applied to the situation but it doesn't take much. Plus the other effects in the h9 are awesome of course. So much fun to be had, I wish eventide would make a Helix like pedal...sigh...

But anyways, on to the Zoom! I use one on my other board which is more of a noise rig but even as a guitar rig it has many useful effects and you can stack 6 at once. If you had 2 of them it could get ridiculously mind blowing. And yeah, maybe it isn't AS good as boutique everything but you know what, at the end of the day it can do the job. If I was stranded on a desert island with only 4 pedals to use, the Zoom MS-50G would be two of them and two H9's, the others.

HOWEVER!!! As the Kemper evolves I look forward to not needing them or wanting them as much but still like the idea of having them around for, "just in case" purposes? Cheers!

Howdy!

Although I don't have any experience profiling a real amp connected to a speaker cabinet properly mic'd, I can say for certain that I have profiled a Lil smokeys pocket amp ( the supro high gain version) with a h&k red box 5 a few times with some different options selected on the red box and got really surprising results!

I think it sounded awesome, but it may have been just me but, I'd throw them against the rest of the profiles and I bet you couldn't tell me ,with a little tweaking (mostly definition and clarity) that it sounded as clear and heavy as the rest of them ;)

I also did a profile of a dual amp set up from my old pod hd500 where I used an effects loop for one of the amp Sims and effectively used the red box to profile a 2X cab sim of an amp sim along with a single cab/mic sim and mix them toegther. Both that profile and a regular single amp/cab/mic sim profile of an hd500 sound even better after profiled them...

Whenever you feel lost, remember, they profiled a drive thru speaker ;) hope some of this helps. In the future I'm gonna experiment with doing stacked pedals into the red box directly. I feel it could yield some at least decent ,usable tones. Cheers!