Posts by Awesome_Elvis

update: the strymon guy made a new offer after he turned down my counter offer for the strymon plus some cash. And just for point of reference...

Splawn hybrid slant new with v30's $1050 before tax and shipping
    Used, I payed about $655

Strymon Big Sky new $479.99 before tax
    Used, still around $435-450

Even if it was new in box, there would still be about $150-200 difference.

The new offer was, a tc hall of fame, tc flashback, Nova drive and an xotic rc booster.
    I declined and without a counter offer.

The other guy want still wants to trade for a hand built 1x12 combo. Its being considered

https://youtu.be/S_W4PZDAozU

Try turning off your PC beside the kemper I bet you are getting emf interference. If so plug the kemper to a separate wall outlet in another room and or get a power conditioner.

PC is off most of the time. Although it should be on while I'm inspired and jamming to get these random riffs recorded ;)

Yeah I know exactly the sound you are talking about. I get it too. Quite off putting. Makes the kemper through headphones sound like any old solid state amp . I notice it more on higher gain profiles.

I think it improves slightly if you turn off the headphones space option or keep it as low as possible. A lot of people swear by the space setting for headphones but the unnatural sounds side effects aren't worth it

headphone space is the shizz. I did try that but it's still there sometimes. Also tried turning the main and direct outputs on and or off even though they aren't routed to anything and that didn't work either

I keep hearing this kinda digital "Whinning" even with lots of gates and in the headphones or a cab. Sometimes if I trigger the gates a certain way, I can get it stop for a little bit but it keeps coming back. Any ideas? 8|

It's almost similar to that sound when you're playing through an amp and your seconds away from getting a text. I thought it might be my phone,nope, ceiling fan, nope, computer, monitors, computer screen? Also nope.

I was wondering if anybody else noticed this or knows how to correct it or even can just tell me it happens and/or maybe it could be useful?

If I'm running a powered toaster into a 4x12 cab with monitor cab off and/or the actual cab module off, the cab parameters are still heard.

If the character knob is cranked ,and/or the high/low shift is cranked and the cab module is disabled, the effects of those parameters are still heard minus the actual cab/mic sound.
    :thumbup:
    Does this make sense?
    Sorry, I just woke up haha
    Chairs!

I put my Splawn Hybrid slant with v30's up for trade or sale on Craigslist and I got a dude thats offering to trade for a strymon big Sky, which is an awesome reverb. But I feel like I should wait for the Kemper verbs. I'm trying to use only the remote and some expression pedals and stay away from using the effects loop and big 4x12 cabs . My gut is that the Kemper verbs are gonna just as awesome as the delays.

I got another offer for some diy 15 watt blues Jr. Clone supposedly it's a Hoffman amp build.

Looks fairly legit but I'm not a big blues guy and would just either use the cab portion or end up running my other pedal board into it. Thoughts?

Happy New year!

I second the bass cabinet movement! I had a GK neo 212 and not only was it a perfect match ohm and watts rating but it had neodymium speakers so it weighed nothing. I also used it with the cab Sims on, but sometimes off too, with the right profile and eq. If you use the character knob a lot like I do you have to turn it down when running the cab sim off.

When I was just a young Kemper owner I used a JBL passive pa speaker but eventually smoked it (literally burned the insides) with my 8 string. It wasn't rated high enough watts wise, and I ran it almost on maximum all the time with pedals that would clip the output occasionally

I like that idea. I wonder if instead of actually profiling, you could do some type of render instead. All the information is already there, so it wouldn't necessarily need to re-evaluate itself. If DSP is an issue, then it doesn't have to work quickly. Of course this wouldn't work for any time based/modulation effects. It would be cool to render an OD stomp and an EQ though.

Yeah! Or something like that lol course, it would only be for eq blocks, od/dist, etc. Maybe compression? And once baked in, there wouldn't be anyway to edit them. In that instance, you would just have to make another one.

Come to think of it, it would kinda be more like a snapshot and a Merging

Yes, it makes sense, Elvis.

The problem, I suspect, is that the DSP required to both run the Profile (and FX) as well as the Profiling process would likely far exceed what's available.

maybe at first it could only do one eq and/or one OD at a time? In that case it would just be like a repeating refining process.

And , sense it's a refining process with the amp and cab already in place ,it might/could becomes less of an actual "Profiling" process and more of a Merging process.

Thank you @yeky83 !!! I keep thinking about this every other day. As I scroll through presets I've made that sound awesome but have no room for any extra fun and expressive effects because most of the blocks pre and post are used up by eq and dirt stomps. I think this would be a revolutionary concept that not even the competition has or would think of. ;)

I know it's possible but it might take some time...

I just had an idea, that's a combination of profiling a profiler with stomps and eq baked in and merging profiles.

So, how about an option in the Kemper where you can build your stomp and eq chain with whatever profile, then hit a merge button and then ZOOM! IT PROFILES ITSELF WITH THE STOMPS AND EQ BAKED INTO THE PROFILE AS ONE AMP PROFILE, >(*,*)<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8o:thumbup::thumbup::D

What up? What chall think? Did this make sense? Is it awesome? Does it suck? You're welcome? Too soon? Not soon enough? Soon enough? Lots of question marks? Lol?