Posts by Awesome_Elvis

forgot to mention that a klon centaur OD would be more than welcome

I said the same thing. Of course someone said, there's profiles with Klons in the front of them saving a slot but that doesn't give any adjustment to the Klon side of things or the ability to stack them with let's say a muffin and change the order around.

They also suggested the idea to use the Mouse with medium to low gain ,dial the tone back and pull the mix down to try to facilitate that sound.

But I'm with ya, I'd like to see an actual Klon, with an option for the buffer as I hear they are legendary!

I known this is different depending on playing style, profile, pickups, etc. But...

Is there a general consensus on average of where the "edge of breakup" is in general for most Kemper rigs?

What do you all feel like is the approximate range , i.e. 2.7- 3.2 etc. ? Or more precise?

For single coil?
    For humbucker?

Discuss and enjoy!
    Thanks!!! ^^

I think this would be a great added feature. I've always wondered why all the modeling companies out there spend so much time creating models of cheap overdrive pedals. the DS-1 is only popular because it's been around forever and dirt cheap. How about some of the additions over the last decade when the boutique market exploded? Like Wampler and JHS. Many boutique pedals out there are actually based on refinements of the classics, but remove some of the harshness, make them more touch responsive, etc.. Why not create models of some of these?

Seriously! What he said^
    +1000

Also, when using headphones, I use quite a bit of the space effect which makes the sound *much* better.

Headphone Space is the Jam ( haha)
    I have the Pioneer Dj 1500 something or another headphones I got in a raffle and they sound way different than my Beyerdynamics, it's good to switch it up sometimes.

What was your previous headphone rig?

Also, one time I looked up on YouTube "unmixed guitar tracks" or raw guitar tracks, it made me feel a lot better.The mix will always change things.

My 4 go-to knobs are Definition , clarity , Character ( which with headphones is almost always all the way up, and when I got ear tired of that sound ,pure cab, every now and then to switch it up.

When was the last time you played it really, really loud?

I only ask because there have been times where I wasn't getting the feels through headphones or monitors but when I play it loud , like really really loud through a real cabinet or a bumpin PA all the feels come back lol

I cannot see a point of making these parameters adjustable.
    You would set them to the extreme anyway, and this is what we did for you.

You are probably right on that one. I set the parameters on my gates for my Pod HD to ridiculously unnecessary amounts and still didn't get them right( in some cases they were too tight AND they still fed back at times).

The 4:1 is not the same as my pod but I'm pretty sure that's a good thing. It's a more, naturally smooth sounding in the decay and feels better on the release , I think. I also use less gain the louder I get and that helps a lot.

On a kinda related note, if you made a Gated Reverb , would those kinds of gate parameters be useful and applicable in the context of a Gated Reverb? Thank you in advance :)

Yes i did try 2:1 and 4:1 they work very well. But for the more "percussive/mechanical" style metal i do the gate does not close fast enuff.

It would just be nice to have the possibility deciding for one self what specefic gate setting you want.

For a while I still preferred my Isp g string II, having a loop in it was like 2 gates in one. Since then I've learned to live without it. I use to use 2 very tight gates when I had my Pod Hd500 for those same styles. (They were set wayyyyyy over the top and at times was too much)

Two things since then, 1. I've changed my playing style a little bit while I've adjusted my ears. 2. I found that I can get a super tight gate sound if I use more than one gate on the Kemper both with high thresholds 5.0 or higher along with the built-in the front gate set at about 7.2 on average.

I wouldn't mind having the extra controls though, the pod did when they upgraded their firmware and added the Hard Gate. Pod life before the Hard Gate seemed almost barbaric in a 1st world problems sense lol

Anyway, hope this helps and/or inspires! Cheers :D

I store a lot of snapshots so I'm constantly pressing extra buttons and turning knobs to switch between them. Is it possible or even reasonable to ask for this?

Or maybe there's an existing approach I could take and change my habits?

Anybody else out there store a bunch of snapshots and would like to see this?

Dang, my mistake, I feel kinda silly now. :/ For some reason I thought you were behind the Reampzone profiles. I do have some of your axe8 profiles, specifically the nolly and bulb ones, they sound really good and I like the direct and full rig profiles. I'm a big fan of the cab you used on the nolly 5150, I use that with other profiles. :thumbup:

Thanks yall, I'm coming up on 3 wonderful years and wanna make the best choice. :rolleyes:

@deadpan your profiles are siq af :thumbup:
    You have commercial rig packs yeah?

Edit: I was thinking of deadlight studios but your rigs are still awesome. I'm a fan of your Engl and diamond rigs

Hey all! I have a few loose knobs that I think can be tightened up if I remove the shell. Has anyone else had this problem , is it something I can do, any tips or suggestions/precautions? Thanks in advance!!!

I use to run my Kemper into the Power In section of a Roland JC120. The first time I did this is I had the cab section off and it sounded like a DS-1 going straight to a mixing board, puke. So what did this tell me? The speakers in a JC 120 are flat, so I turned the cab section back on and boom, pure magic.

I have a habit of running the character parameter in the cab section all the way up and it can lead to some problems. I've also ran through a passive PA 15 and horn setup, I got mostly amazing results.

Once I discovered Pure Cab, running through the JC 120 (and other FRFR setups) was absolutely perfect. I added a Splawn 4x12 with v30's underneath and I had everything I ever wanted. Raw tone at my waist and polished mic and cab tone in meh face!

I still think sometimes about pulling the v30's out of my 4x12 or any 4x12 or 2x12, and replacing them with FRFR 12" speakers. Having a powered toaster, it would definitely give me all the available power without the fear of melting any speakers (just faces).

I've also had similar experiences with bass cabs and neodymium speakers.

*Sigh* The quest continues, but, so close...

I'd like to point out that since the new beta my reverbs sound waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy bigger with the new delays. And, I've noticed a LOT less output clipping , if any at all (I tend to over do it ;) ,sometimes). I feel like when the new reverbs come out its just gonna be ridiculously awesome... I'm totally tied over until then but I wait with sprite-like anticipation :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: