Posts by Awesome_Elvis

<returns from toilet after too many sour patch kids induced vomiting....... Opens a packet of popcorn>

<starts to wonder if it was because he ate all the red ones. Then remembers, it's just what happens when you eat a lot of them all at once. Concludes that it would most likely happen to anyone and then shares the story of when it happened to himself (me)>

This may seem strange, and I know it might not be totally doable but! Is there any way we could get a profile or two with the chorus activated but with the values turned all the way down?

If it's the same amp I'm thinking, I used to have a 2x12 combo of this amp and I found a little magic in turning the push pull chorus on but with the other knobs set at 0

Thanks in advance, cheers!

<nudges Awesome_Elvis and asks for a sour patch sweet>

<smiles and hands over the bag in the general direction without even looking while chewing viciously and almost annoyingly, also makes lots of "bag noise">

Out of curiosity, does anybody on the forum recall ever hearing about a user having problems isolated only to tone quality? If a KPA appears functioning correctly in every other sense, then my inclination is the odds of a sound quality issue is somewhere between remote and nil. Seems to me the software and circuitry would more likely either work or be blatantly messed up, Not just sound slightly off. Which is one reason I've been determined to keep working at my Baron amp to get to the bottom of the problem. My inclination now is the KPA is likely fine. Although my apparent need for refinement during profiling of my Splawn is something I'll need to look into further. Again though, that's something I doubt would be a symptom of a malfunction. The profiling logic likely either works or not, no in between. I suspect the need for refinement is in no way an indicator of a potentially malfunctioning KPA. Still, I will query support to get their views when I contact them.

Look, I've profiled some weird stuff...

Some don't need refining, some do a little,
    some do A LOT
    Some things, I swear , sound worse after you refine them and it DOESN'T get better each time you try to refine it more and more.
    And then some things just can't be profiled at the moment.

And there are some profiles that need some love like a stomp in the front, a different cabinet, and a studio eq after. Output eq can make a perfect difference and so can the amp volume on page 3 as well as the preset volume on the right. A little output clipping never hurt anyone right?

It only gets better though. My profiles I used and tweaked around 3.x are garbage compared to what I have done in 5.x

Once you begin to actually feel what it can do with the very interrelated amp controls, you will begin to make profiles that will breathe on you like a dragon beginning to purr.

You should play it loud if you want the feels to feel you back .

You're almost there, try taking a step back, play with it, do weird things that sound horrible but are fun and then come back to it with a fresh approach. Give your ears a break, you might be fatigued from listening too hard.

Have you jammed with anybody with it?
    How do you like the cleans?
    Have you ever tried using DJ headphones directly plugged into the KPA? It may sound like a weird concept but, it may also sound badass 8)

Best of success to you and yours in all of your endeavors and may the tones be with you!

Live long,
    And profile :thumbup:

Ha! The idea isn't to guess which is real, I just want to hear with my own two ears this can actually be accomplished,. And I also am not so much concerned about the two clips sound 100% identical, but at least if there is any slight difference that it still sounds believable as coming from a real amp when played against the real amp track.

Either way, I nor anyone else should label which track is which.

@SonicExporer I'm about to move from San Diego to Nashville (again lol ) to go school for a few months. If you're on the way or maybe even a little out of the way, I could swing by and see if my profiler and profiles match up to yours?

Edit: of course, assuming you're in the US, haha :rolleyes:

I plan on leaving today or tomorrow, possibly Monday at the latest. Let me know, cheers! :thumbup:

On a side note, how do you feel about the Clean profiles in the Kemper?

I notice that a few people who make pedals add a one knob noise gate on their pedals.

My idea is to add the option of inserting a gate inside , well, just about any effect or stomp.

Like the new delays have the option of infinite or hold or ducking pre/post etc.

So inside of a boost, dist, eq, etc. A box that says insert gate, and also an option to make the gate pre or post, then the threshold amount parameter would appear, probably towards the end of the page menus? What chall think? Did I done did good? :D
    Chairs!!!

something I noticed today and yesterday, and I'm not sure if it's a 5.0 thing but...

In a high gain profile ,
    With a green scream or recti shaper etc.
    As I'm chugging along I sometimes would turn off the stomps to hear more precisely their affect on the profile

And that's when I noticed a temporary spike in direct mix sound
    It's very obvious at first and then it seems the Kemper "realigned " itself and it was gone and back to normal.
    Now, sometimes, I do have about 0.5-1.0 direct mix in my profiles but, I noticed this happens even when it's at Zero. Also, for those who do a similar amount of dry direct sound in their profiles ,know, that, that amount is barely even noticeable. SO, to clarify , this anomaly I'm describing sounds like
    When I'm playing and hold a chord,
    disable a dist stomp,
    the very next 3-5 strikes of the strings have a direct sound level of 4.5 or higher.
    In other words, it sounds like somebody cranked up the direct mix while I was playing and then turned it way back down or off. Hope this made sense. Chairs!!! :thumbup:

You're pretty much just boosting 3kHz a little bit, but if it sounds good that's all that matters.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…-of-the-Kemper-s-effects/

You're totally right, and after adjusting the Studio Eq last night, I think I might retire the treble booster for the most part. Maybe I'll still use it in a couple rigs here and there.

Ooooooo, new feature idea!
    Allow the tone stack to be substituted for an eq block? And have an option to have the cabinet pre or post eq?