Posts by nervousfingers_29

PRICE: 650,00 EUR

Selling my RED SOUND RS LG 12 - bought from Thomann Mid of July this year.

It is loud enough to practice / gig with a loud drummer + bass + 2nd guitar.

Private seller - no guarantee or return.

contact via: [email protected] or +49 (0) 160 97376700

The cab is located in northern Germany - pickup would be best. I can ship within Europe via DHL (insured).
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/red_sound_rs_lg12_active.htm

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[*]Equipped with: 1x 12" speaker
    [*]Rated power: 500 W
    [*]Frequency range: 60 - 16,000 Hz
    [*]SPL: 124dB
    [*]Inputs: 6.3 mm jack and XLR
    [*]Output: XLR
    [*]Dimensions thomann (W x D x H): 429 x 350 x 500 mm
    [*]Weight: 16.9 kg
    [*]Colour: Green

[*]Made in Italy

Free Download at http://www.johannes-maas.de/ke…-tube-amp-profiles/jmp-1/

Short Demo of each profile:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I profiled my rehearsal rack. Marshall JMP-1 from the 90´s which just got a full service into a Kammer Poweramp (tube poweramp with 30 watts).
    The G System was not in the signal chain during profiling.
    [Blocked Image: http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff57/shmixxor/BIG%20LABEL%202%20TRANSPARENT%20Kopie_zpsfpwo4j7m.png]

I did not mic a cab this time. I used my Palmer PDI 03 loadbox. For each amp setting there is a profile with the palmer cab sim activated AND another one with the line signal of the Palmer into my AX8 with just a cab block active. I placed a matching IR in the cab block. You can find a description / name of the respective cab in the profile.

Also for each profile there is a version with and without pre definded effect slots.

If I find the time I will add another pack with a mic´ed cab - either my ENGL 2x12 or with 2 1x12 ENGL Retro cabs.

Enjoy!

Great guys! Thanks for the feedback. As I have been using that particular amp for the last 3 years on every gig and rehearsal session I maybe just knew how to dial in the right tones.

Glad it also sounds good with a stratocaster - I just used my LP for the refining and setting up the sounds.

Hope I find some time to do another set of profiles soon.

Profiled my ENGL Retro Tube 50 Head in a Studio Environment two weeks ago.

[Blocked Image: http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff57/shmixxor/ENGL%20Re-Tube%2050_zpstmosdftf.png]

You can find the downloadlink on my homepage (link might change bc I just registered my own url).

http://www.johannes-maas.de/ke…-amp-profiles/re-tube-50/
    (just set up the page for youtube demos and sharing profile - still work in progress)

You can find a demo on soundcloud:

External Content soundcloud.com

CLEAN: 00:00 - 00:39 (Bridge PU / Middle Position / Neck PU)
    CRUNCH: 00:39 - 01:03 (Bridge PU)
    RYTHM: 01:03 - 01:51 (Bridge PU)
    LEAD: 01:51 - 02:25 (Bridge PU)
    LEAD++: 02:25 - 02:52 (Bridge PU)
    MIX: 02:52 - 04:09

Guitar is a Gibson Les Paul 1957 VOS Custom Shop with Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell Pickups

Constructive Criticism is highly appreciated

I have my Kemper (had one 1,5 years ago and sold it - now bought a new one) for two weeks now.

When turning the EQ knob for "Bass" the value when turning to the left or right will not change smooth but will after going up to - lets say 0,5 - jump to 4,2 or so.
    Same for rolling down the bass - there will be a "jump" from -0,5 to -3,5. Sometime the value will even jump back when continuing to turn the knob.

Furthermore the Kemper will not boot correctly nearly every second time. I already updated to the newest firmware and no changes.

I will send the unit back to the store (musicstore professional in Germany) and hope that they will handle the problem as fast as possible (my dxr 10 will arrive tomorrow so this is really annoying).

Anyone heard about the problem with the eq know before?

BTW I can not post in the private forums even though I have registered the kemper....

Selling my Matrix Q12 a - powered FR solution from Matrix - bought directly from g66.eu 4 months ago.

http://g66.eu/de/products/matrix/matrix-cabs/q12a

If you are located in northern Germany - I am living in Bremen, Germany.
    Feel free to contact me - you are welcome to testdrive the unit at my house (Kemper available).

Selling the unit because I did not use the Kemper as a live amp (as it was originally planned).

Cheers, Johannes

or
    [email protected]

What I normally do:

EQ:

Low cut to really cut out the boomy low frequencies 50-80 hz

Boost to max: a narrow frequency range around 200-400 Hz, move round and then listen if anything disturbing is going on.
    If you find this spot: Do a cut on this frequency range.

Use some compression on the bass track to boost stuff that is not loud enough and cut too loud parts.

Try to get the best recording result before applying the above (use a not too bassy amp profile. Found a nice profile of a fender Bassman I regularly use and which fits great in the mixes normally.

You can also record the dry signal and then mix it to the amp signal in your DAW.

If I decide to use the Kemper live (not used it live yet) I will bring a backup - either my Boss ME 80 or a 2nd Kemper (no money for second option at the moment).

The Boss will not sound as good as the Kemper but it is just the emergency option.

If you play live you should always have a backup solution (we normally have one spare amp - for 2 guitar players). In the unlikely event that both main amps burn we are screwed I guess (-;

Hi

had a POD HD 500, a Boss ME 70, Boss ME 80 (still have that one)

The Pod a nice toy but I had to do too much tweaking and I actually had to use the pc editor as it was a pain in the ass to do this directly in the unit.

Soundwise the Pod maybe reaches 75% of the Kemper (just guessing - you can not measure this right?) - The Kemper is the best digital unit I have used so far.

A few of my tracks

mainly I play in Hardrock / Metal Band but if I find the time I do some home recording stuff and on the long run I am planning (just for myself) to put a 6-8 tracks album together without any vocals.
    Most of the stuff is atm still to simple but anyways:

(used the Kemper)

(used the Kemper)

(used a POD HD 500 - now sold)

Just a short sample track - used the Kemper again

whow... just read the whole thread.... all 7 pages...

btw, happy with my kemper, for recording and live with my q12 a...

btw also considering to buy an axe fx (2 if possible) - don't crucify me please (-:

if I find a cheap 2nd Kemper in Lunchbox format i will give it a go, price is still relevant to me.

Could need a 2nd unit (kemper or axe) as I don't want to carry my equipment to the rehearsal every week (60 km from my house), so I need one unit at home and one for rehearsal / gigs (home one then as backup).

Although I think after testing my Boss me 80 through my matrix, that I even could gig with that thing and the audience would still like my tone (-;

EDIT:

About loosing marketshare for fractal audio:

Without having any statistical backup I personally think that the overall market is growing since the kemper came out. (the pie gets bigger)

Lets say if the market increased by 50% and Kemper gets a share of 40% the situation would be like this
    (assuming that we have 1.000 Money Units in the market)

Market: 1.000 MU
    Kemper: 0 MU
    Fractal: 1.000 MU

New situation:

Market: 1.000 MU *1,5 = 1.500 MU
    Kemper: 1.500 MU x 0,4 = 600 MU
    Fratal: 1.500 MU x 0,6 = 900

This means if the overall demand for these products increase - even if you loose 40% of the market share you may just loose 10% in sales.

He he.... great that you figured that out.

Maybe just make a template that you use in your DAW.

I for example have some templates that I use for certain types of music. For Metal for example with certain EQ´s already on the guitar tracks panned left and right for the rythm section and also my EZ Drummer inserted with the right kit loaded.

This saves time and prevents you from failing (-8