Posts by Sventvkg

I'm using a mission pedal and the Kemper cry baby wah preset. Feels and sounds good for me. I am connecting to a Liquid Foot controller that does an automatic calibration when you power up the controller. Have you calibrated the pedal with the KPA?

I had a liquid foot before the Remote. Yes of course I have calibrated the pedals. So you are saying the Wah feels like the filter opens and closes in the right spot on your mission pedal?

The deal is that I can't get the settings right and it's WAY WAY too complicated..You should NEVER have to fiddle with a Wah more than a minute. It doesn't need a million settings. Here are my main gripes:

Sound:

I can't get a WAH that sounds real or deep enough even at 100%. I've own Crybaby, Clyde, Vox, Manley. This Kemper WAH is unusable thus far....I'm 45 a pro and have been playing guitar over 30 years...So..

FEEL:

I can't get the pedal to react like a real WAH. The 2 Mission Electronics pedals I have behave exactly the same. I that at about 1/3 the way up the filter kicks in and starts opening up and then before 1/2 way it's WIDE open. There's a VERY narrow amount of sweep on the pedal itself until the Filter in the WAH effect closes. This is at EVERY SETTING. It just doesn't FEEL natural and no matter what I do or how I set it I can't play WAH correctly like this after 30 years of playing every kind of real WAH and other modelers/FX processor WAHs. Anyone have any insight?

This thread is too long to read but I can not get my WAH to sound or react to my mission pedals correctly no matter what I do. I've had good WAH's on every other modeling amp and effects unit I ever had and they had very basic settings and all were immediately giggle. Not so here. WAH's are very simple and do not need much tweaking. I can't get the pedal to react correctly either even though it's calibrated. Mission Electronics Kemper Version. Basically I depress it toward the toe VERY little and it sweeps Where a real Wah starts to sweep somewhere after 1/2 way. It's really hard to get use this way when I barely touch it and it's already sweeping too deep....Alas..What gives?

Just had my first gig with the Kemper in my new project and some of the patches were different volumes, none of my leads were loud enough even though I thought I raised them quite a bit at rehearsal etc. Anyone if anyone can share tips and tricks on how they level out the volumes of their patches quickly and easily I'd greatly appreciated it! Thanks!

Well the bottom line is i'm a professional as in I Only do music and production based endeavors for a living. We need to be able to have access to the gear we need and or easy replacement if necessary. I'm starting to doubt that those requirements will be present if needed. ..As far as the responses from Kemper I'll just say Based on years of playing in Europe and dealing with the German culture, it is in fact a cultural difference. It's fine. I'm sure they are aware of the issues and are attempting to work them out. If I stay with Kemper, I'm sure I'll be able to buy a remote next year......

I am BEYOND LIVID and am considering selling my Kemper gear even though it sounds great because of my frustration with not even being able to order the damn remote. I can't imagine I'm the only one. This is screw up and slap in the face to customers on an unimaginable level. I just sold my Liquid Food because I thought I could even order a remote and was willing to wait 3 months. NOT 5 and the site will not let me order one on any browser. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.

i just tried to order to no avail. Are you telling me no one has helped you? I need to know how to order in a way that will actually work as well. Someone? Thanks.

Of course I've ordered guitars before...But it's apples and oranges. I am patient to a point but I'm gigging and want my rig together man!!!..I want to get rid of MIDI cables, streamline this thing down into performance mode with gear that "JUST WORKS" that is made by the same manufacturer. Too much time spent tweaking, creating, that i can be using on other things...So, yea I want to be able to click on a website and have my tools of the trade here in a few days...If I order a guitar I can wait because I have others to play in the meantime. Either way, everyone is different. It's all fine. I just happen to be annoyed having to wait months on end for a foot controller.

then do so because you don't have to pay in advance. do you really think we're that sad? btw, it is approx. 3 month right now.
    gs

I didn't know I could order and not pay...:) It's just frustration guys, believe me, I LOVE the Kemper product and I want to use the Remote instead of my Liquid Foot. Streamline the whole rig, etc etc....

Really? i can't recall ever going through this with any other piece of gear I ever bought and I'm a full time pro, not a hobbiest...Rings hollow, sorry. You shouldn't have to wait a year to get a MIDI controller. I have a liquid foot and it's fine but this remote ordeal pisses me off primarily because I don't want to shell out $600 in advance to wait 6 months when I could use that cash for other things.

This is a sincere question. Why couldn't you just ramp up enough manufacturing so we could all just get the remote without having to wait 1/2 a year or more? Its kind of absurd and frustrating.

I have the boss FS-fL plugged into the back of the Kemper set to tap tempo. But when I'm playing it seems to go to the red Beat detection screen randomly on the front of the Kemper and the only want to get it back to the regular LCD is hitting exit. Anyone else have this issue. Also, I know if you hold down the pedal and play it's supposed to trigger the Beat Detection but I've never been able to get it to work using the FS5 or the FS5L. Any ideas?