Posts by Laurens

Might have to do with the fact that they lost the original idea of a trade show a bit by allowing the end customer to be there. The idea - I think - was that stores and distributors bought stuff for the stores based upon what they saw and people still had to go to the store to actually try them. I'd think the cost of setting up at a trade show isn't worth the sales they get out of it.

And as far as Kemper goes, I can imagine them not wanting to be at every single trade fair there is, as the entire concept is kind of known at the moment and they can't really announce more than updates (unless they come with extra hardware). I'm sure I'm not the only one who watched multiple NAMM video's of the Kemper booth and they were all more or less the same explanation and demo. I was liking it a lot, but I can see stores not being interested in the updates if only a very small percentage of their sales are Kemper units.

I have to say that I've doubted about buying commercial profiles as well. I mean, the M.Britt profiles and TAF profiles that were free are nice profiles, but I don't actually use them in my band setting. SinMix has some amazing stuff, but my go-to profile for metal is off the exchange as well. There's nothing I want a profile off that isn't available on the exchange and good quality, unless we're talking stuff that you can't even find in the commercial profile stores (mainly talking about the Verellen profile I've been looking for).

However, I think my use differs greatly from that of a studio. I don't care what the mic was if it sounds good and cuts through, but having tons of options is really nice in a studio environment. I can see a studio wanting an entire set of profiles of certain amps with all sorts of different mics. That plexi profile with the SM57 won't sound the same (and will have a different application) as the one with the Royer 121.

I think that should fix it. I have mine in the mod section and I'd say the effect is pretty spot-on. Don't forget that any running delays and reverbs come after the tremolo, and to have a complete silence, you need to turn those off. :)

No problem, you can't learn a language if you don't use it. :thumbup:

I think @hjscheffler explained it well enough. :)

Not that I want to start a discussion about this, but Apple knowing everything is pretty irrelevant when Google also knows everything and maybe more. :P

A Surface Pro will cost you a lot of money if you want an i7 and a lot of RAM, by the way. If you're looking at those as an option, I'd suggest looking at the Dell XPS line as well. Their Inspiron 7000 series might be worth looking into as well.

Well, it's not a bass in the original, but a synth. Since the Kemper doesn't have synth effects, I doubt you'd be able to get it. To get somewhat close, you could try some sort of wah with a lot of wah and maybe a sub-octave or something. Haven't tried it (my stuff's all packed up for rehearsal at the moment), but off the top of my head, that's what I would try.

I don't see the problem with the first half of this complaint, to be honest. If I send an e-mail inquiry to a company, I expect an answer as well - even if it's some automated message. Not even getting a reply puts a company pretty high on my list of people I never want to work with, if I'm being honest.

There is nothing wrong with trying to get an endorsement deal either. I feel like some people here act as if the person in question needs their validation to get a deal, which I find confusing. And I know for a fact of someone that had a deal with Kemper a few years ago already. He still had to pay, but he got a discount. Maybe they don't them anymore, but if I was a professional in the music industry, I'd try either way. And FWIW, I got a pretty nice discount when I bought my Kemper from my local store too. If you either know someone or are a loyal customer, it's not that hard; unless the culture here is so different.

As for delivery, I think the problem there is mostly with the store or at most a combined problem with Kemper and the store. They got something wrong in their administration and/or aren't keeping you up to date well enough.