Posts by Antipodes

I agree with the suggested soft button approach to this issue. Give the complainers a fix and leave the rest of us to go on with our established workflow.

I always go into a DAW via spdif and the long standing setting gave me a perfect signal for DAW processing and matching backing tracks from others.

NAMM at Anaheim is in late April next year, not January, so no imminent trade shows. It is debatable how important trade shows are with the online ecosystem publicising things very effectively without any need for print media. If the new announcement is a new hardware variation the whole thing could start with a few teaser social media pieces and then a proper announcement. I would expect something substatial is going to be announced in the next 6 months but maybe not over the northern summer.

You must mean every RM update right?

Nope - the OS update is a compressed archive and you can actually view its contents in some compression tools. It is possible to see the contents and extract them but this level of messing around is not required.

Edit: as KB says below it is the OS update as I said above and not the RM update.

What's the FW update? When I update my profiler, no rigs get downloaded. And I wouldn't want them to. I just want to know where the latest are located.

I think the set of files from the latest factory library are embedded in the OS update and from memory there is a procedure for copying them to your profiler - I haven't done this in years but I think you can put the OS on a thumb drive and use import presets.

All the new packs curated from the professional profilers are there at the bottom of Rig Manager. When Rig Manager gets updated, any new packs are included under "Rig Packs" in folders at the bottom of the folder tree just below "Rig Exchange".

For those who face an issue related to the Mac installer, please re-download 3.3.44 from the Kemper website and update manually:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

The description on the Windows version currently says "Windows 8 or higher". If you install it (and it will install on Win 8) it launches (instead of Rig Manager 3,3.44) an error window which says that RM requires Win 10 build (whatever) and "you should update your Windows install" - so beware if you are not on Win 10 yet.

You might want to edit that and save the bandwidth ;)

@Dyno - not trying to push Win 10 onto anybody. Just mentioned a tip for those upgrading as I will soon have to myself and using this thread for info.

Also, Tony G. mentioned issues with drivers after a Win 10 upgrade. It is possible that a component driver is newer or delivers higher performance but is less compatible with running audio apps on a particular board/bios/set of peripherals. Therefore, see what the manufacturer recommends wrt to drivers for that model and maybe you can get a set of drivers that works fine with Win 10 on your older machine.

Just on the driver compatibility thing. If you have a machine esp a laptop - that came with Win 7 or 8, the manufacturer would have chosen a set of compatible drivers for that hardware configuration.

If you are updating to Win10, MS will supply their recommended drivers for your hardware but you might also find that your manufacturer has a set of Win 10 drivers recommended for your specific legacy machine. Eg Toshiba tech support used to have packages of drivers like this available for use with their older models and Win 10 (they sold their laptop division to another company some years back).

If you are installing Windows again - or upgrading to Win 10 - on the same machine you should be able to use your old key code. This has worked up to the present time as far as I know but I guess MS could screw this up if they chose.

There are various approaches to obtaining your key code.

There is a vbs script discussed here:

https://www.techspot.com/guide…your-windows-product-key/

Also a free app:

https://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-windows-key-finder.html

Menus and submenus?

In the words (and voice) of Michael Scott from The Office: [screaming] "NOO GOD! NO. GOD. PLEASE. NO. NO!!! NO!!! NOOOOOO!!! "

I disagree. I don't think Kemper really cares if others have engaged in the battle of price points. All of the units you mention are limited in their The closest thing is the Helix Floor and Rack and I'd guess a lot of players didn't realize the Rack existed for Line6. A separate floor controller doesn't exist for the Rack.

Helix rack unit has a separate floor unit to control it - you may have to buy them separately but they have had optional floor control boards since the first POD.

About a year ago, the newer versions of RM only worked on Windows 10. Kemper mentioned the Win10 requirement on the downloads page.

I have been running all the new versions on 8.1 up until this one. When the editor came in with OS 7, they no longer ran on Win 7 but, despite some discussion about Win 10 only, they allowed Win 8.1 also. Win 8.1 is losing support from MS in the new year.

This beta is not showing up for me with my win 8.1 machine. It doesn't show with "check software updates" and I have beta versions enabled.

I opened up RM on a Win 10 machine elsewhere and was offered it. Are they excluding Win 8.1? If so, can you move an RM backup between these two versions? Maybe not. Is there info on that in the documentation for the new version?

All the typical units for listening to TV/hifi that I have seen are bluetooth and have terrible latency. Not OK for guitar playing or recording. It would be pretty handy if builders of quality audio interfaces - eg RME built units which included radio outputs with low latency. With transmitters and receivers available you could just connect your favourite cans and get busy.

Probably the best sound quality comes with lowering the input gain on the FRFR (in this case the QSC) rather than cutting way down on the Kemper. If the volume control on the kpa is in the digital domain (as I would expect), you lose 6 bits of resolution turning down 36 dB below max volume. Lost resolution means more quantisation noise and less clarity. You may or may not notice with the sort of program material we are putting out with guitar + efx.

@mikitan - for sure there will be further updates. Even if a Kemper II is released, they have said support for the older hardware will be maintained. I don't think they will just put their feet up or abandon the guitar gear caper to bring out a range of green toaster ovens.

Delays, Reverbs and Drives all took quite a while in development. New features like the editor and the Kab/Kone also. Things are quiet just now so I would guess some new developments are cooking away somewhere.