Posts by roadrunner

Excellent points by Robrecht.
    I've had my Kemper for 9 months now. In that time l haven't had to post a single question on how to operate it. Not that l haven't had questions. I've had lots and lots and lots of questions :wacko: . Fortunately there is a manual, which contrary to some remarks l've seen, l find extremely well written and helpful and then there is this forum :) . The generosity of wiser/experienced people who happily and frequently share their knowledge is something to behold and should not be taken for granted. So a big, big thankyou to you all.
    Every question l've had, regarding operating the KPA, l've found the answer to. lf not in the manual then certainly here on the forum. Back to Robrecht's point. A live chatroom and the danger of losing great information in the midst of chatter would be tragic.

don,t tell me because l would kick the cat out of the bag :saint:
    l reckon the first clip has pure cab on.
    On my set up l,ve got pure cab set at 7.2, which seems optimal and totally awesome for me. l was wondering if different monitors need different settings ( in my case a pair of rokit 8,s ), as there seems to be a lot of love for 5 as the pure cab setting?

The question in my mind is- Are Line 6 chasing the leaders in this digital field with a quality product at a well pitched price point, or have they gift wrapped another turkey in a sexy little black number ready for the mighty Line 6 marketing machine to steam through the masses at a price they think they can get away with?
    Cynical i know but, if it were the former, wouldn't Yamaha want their name on the product?

Thank you for your input Hallan and telelogic and the continued input from the rest of you. It really is appreciated. Some great information and food for thought.
    @ nightlight you tipped the case for the 6i6 , cheers :)
    @ Ingolf Hamburg is a f**king awesome town. I spent a good while in the nineties working all over Germany, I gotta say Hamburg was one of my favourite places. Getting obliterated down the reeperbahn, ah happy days . And studio one comes from there. Swings it for me :thumbup:
    @ Hallan never knew about groove3, top tip thank you :)
    @ Michael_dk will be beginning from the very start, so rank novice sums me up very well . No offence was taken, quite the opposite. :)
    Soon be time to abuse my wallet again. Thanks again to all of you for taking the time and effort to share your insights on this topic. Any more thoughts are very welcome. Cheers for reading and have yourselfs all a great weekend.

Thanks for all your input SqWark, Micheal_dk, greenblob, nightlite, viabcroce and Xander. I really appreciate all your thoughts on the subject. i am sure all the daw recommendations you have given here are excellent, but I can only try to get my head around one especially as a novice. Why presonus over everthing else? I've no idea, maybe the colour box it comes in :) . I was looking for reasons not to get studio one. db9021 suggested there are better midi options for a daw. I haven't used midi and can't see myself ever getting overly complicated with it. Maybe db9021 can have a 'I told you' moment sometime in the future? Time will tell :whistling: . nightlight touched on a more powerful and mature daw. How many people truly plumb the depths of their daw and use or indeed know all of it? From what I understand they are all pretty awesome these days, just what floats your boat for personal choice and until you know one fairly well you, or me in this case, cannot really judge one against another.
    The choice of interface is really bugging me. Gary_W likes s/pdif, SqWark and greenblob are happy without it. Focusrite seems the popular shout and I guess with good reason. I'm between getting a real basic one for £70ish as suggested by greenblob, or one with midi and s/pdif which rolls in round £200ish. if the basic one does it great, but if I find myself needing the expanded options I'm gonna be real pissed about wasting £70ish. Any thoughts on this would be be greatly welcomed.
    Many thanks again for all your input and cheers for reading.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on different daw's db9091 and lngolf. l'm on windows, so that rules out logic x. l am pretty sold on studio one, there is a lot of good tutorial stuff floating about and l think l'm grasping it. Bit like here with the Kemper, l've had it four months now and as complex as it is, l haven't had to ask direct questions about operating it. Between the manual and the wealth of information that abounds on this forum l have enjoyed a good and fruitful learning curve, that continues :love:
    What are your opinions on the interface options and s/pdif? Thanks again for all your input.

Hi Gary_W,
    Thanks for your reply and insight. The things that you say about Studio One resonates nicely with the stuff I've learned about it so far. There is an awful lot of you tube info on this daw, the few I've seen are very useful and give me hope in figuring it out. ( l know optimism helps). I'm an all in sort , so unless someone convinces me otherwise it'll be the pro version. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Hi All,
    Hoping for some help in computer stuff. Have decided to take the plunge into the wonderful world of daw's and music making. After some research l realize if l asked ten people what was the best daw I'd very likely get ten different answers, and none of them would be wrong.
    Firstly. After some more interweb snooping I've taken a shine to Presonus Studio One, it seems to offer a lot of bang for its buck. Rights and wrongs on this would be greatly appreciated before l commit to this daw.
    Secondly. Interfaces. I will most definately want to use the Kpa to record guitar with. So s/pdif, is this crucial to the recording process and will l need it? My thinking is as it's there then yes, but I don't know. On the assumption that s/pdif in/outs are needed I've narrowed the choice to Roland quad capture or Focusrite scarlett 6i6. I know there's better stuff out there but these two are where my budget is at.
    Help and opinions from all you wise heads out there will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks for reading.

Cheers Paults, all very good and common sense points. I can see being solo would be an incredible strain. Do any of you get a lesser guitar to play out? One that wouldn't devastate you, if it walked or got wrecked? And what about insurance? I know this is a bit of a negative topic but surely a valid one?

No, not the classic album
    Hi all,
    So l was moving all my music stuff in the car, kpa, 2 prestige guitars, remote, cases, floorboard, laptop and all the trimmings. On the way, stopping off for a burger, as you do, it dawned on me how much money and personal valuel had stuffed in the car. I'm no pro and don't play out but this really got me thinking.
    How do you guys protect your gear?

No it didn't :-). Was just answering ragingben's question on UK shipping times. Hope you get your remote real soon Pilotltd. My order no. was 246953. Not entirely sure if there's any numerical relevance to that going by some of the remarks on here? There was the early bird registration first that might have more of a bearing on the chronology of deliveries? Don't know either way. Anyways good luck on you all getting the remote soon as. It's fantastic.

Got mine today(UK).:-). Was sent on Thursday but the weekend got in the way. A fantastic piece of kit, very simple to use. Upgraded the firmware to the latest ( a little apprehensively what with all the gripes floating around this forum) and rig manager too. Everything works great. Only difference was it was a lot louder but l thought what the hell, I'll figure the volume out later :-). The packaging was fine, short of shipping them in a wooden box l can't see a problem with it ( mine at least), it was well protected and arrived in mint condition. The screen cover came straight off, oh yes. Now it's here and tried out albeit briefly, l don't regret this purchase one bit. No buyers remorse here. It completes the kpa. Thank you Kemper. Off to figure performance mode out now, haven't touched it yet :-).

# I'm so excited, I'm about to GAIN CONTROL, and think l like it! #
    Remote is enroute . Whey hey happy days. Thank you Kemper! You have been very helpful with my queries and bang on with your word throughout this whole process. Top marks from me and thanks again. Hope everyone else who is still waiting gets theirs real soon.