Posts by crgtr

I know drilling a hole in my remote would void any warranty, but I would love to be able to power my iPad during gigs. I use OnSong for lyrics and charts on almost every gig. I'm usually very good about charging it up before the gig, but it would be awesome to not have to worry about it.
    Does the remote use phantom power? Any info out there on the pin assignments for the cable?
    Any thoughts on this mod?
    [Blocked Image: http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q383/crgtr5150/usb_zpst9rnce48.jpg]

I put the delay profiles on my current USB stick that has my backups and OS folder and such. I put them in the Shared folder. The KPA didn't recognize the new profiles. I did update to the new 5.0 Beta. I'll try it again tonight with a blank USN drive and see what happens.

I use an old Tech 21 Power Engine. Cab sim off. It sounds great to me. I do feed the FOH and they usually send some back into my monitor. But I think the Tech 21, by itself is a pretty damn good monitor.
    By the way, I did get a chance to play thru Mike Britt's XiTone and it sounded great. I may get one for myself!

I've been using the 3rd Power Blackface for my main clean tone. 56 Pro for my medium/Keef tone. I currently use the 72 Marshall for my heavier rhythm tone and the 3rd Power Plexi w/ Klon for my rock-god solo tone. The 3rd Power profiles are amazing. I find they work with any gtr I own & they sound great with both the Tech 21 Power Engine & the Fryette Power Station. Of course FOH sounds amazing too!

Thanks for sharing your broadcast, very interesting. I've been in Nashville several times, is The Bluebird Cafe still existing? I once met Bruce Bouton and Brent Mason, if you'll ever come to Germany with Lonestar I'll be there.

All the best from Hamburg. :thumbup:

The Bluebird is still around. It gets used a lot in the TV show "Nashville".

I am using two "rigs" for the most part. One band I'm in is a little more rock oriented. For that band I use the 3P Blackface for clean, Brit45 (which is a profile of my personal amp) for a slight crunch, another Brit45 for AC/DC style crunch, SoldPRS (also my amp) for big fat OD rhythm, and finally another SoldPRS for stadium rock solo's.
    For the more varied band I'm in I use the 3P Blackface. Great clean tone. Then I use a DrZ Remedy for my Prince Purple Rain sound. Tons of delay, verb, roto, comp on this one. Then I use the '56 Pro for light-med crunch.'72 Marshall for BIG crunch and finally the 72 Marshall with all the fun stuff on it to cover up my bad notes!
    The majority of these gigs are done with mo amps in the PA. I have been using a Fryette Power Station with a Boogie 1x12 but last week I brought out 2 Tech21 Power Engines. One with stock speaker & the other with a Celestion Classic Lead 80. Together they sound really good. The feel from the Fryette is better, but the sound from the Tech21's seems to fit better in the band. I may go to a hybrid setup using one T21 and the Fryette. I do some bigger gigs where I'm in the PA and the sound guys love me. I get a killer sound out front and I'm able to keep my stage volume down. Sometimes I get a little of my gtr in the monitors to fill it out.
    Anyway, that's what I'm doing.

CR,

I am computer savvy, however, I do not use Twitter. Would I be correct in understanding that the Periscope application will only run on iOS and Android smart phones? In other words, you have to download and install the Periscope app on your phone. I take it there is no plug-in / extension which allows Periscope to run within a browser on a PC (e.g. Google Chrome)?

I will check into that and get back to you. I am hoping there is a way to download the sessions too.

During the broadcast last night Mike's phone received a call. That apparently bumped us offline. I was pretty sure we were still getting questions right up until the end of the 30 minute session. Oh well, it was fun & I'm sure Mike has more fun stuff lined up. Kemper & Cocktail's!

I love these new profiles. The tweed stuff is amazing. I use them often live. Great cut and growl. Also got a great Frank Marino lead tone from one of the Jim Kelley profiles. The '69 Marshall is stunning. I actually dropped by Mike's secret profiling hideout when he was profiling this beast. He handed me the guitar (actually my old Goldtop R7) and I played every VH riff I knew (rather poorly). I was floored by the tone. As I was staring at the Marshall head sitting on his 3P cab, he told me I was playing the profile..... I couldn't hardly believe that what I was hearing WAS NOT THE AMP. If you love Marshall tone, you gotta grab this pack.

Thanks again Wolf. I got it to work. I did have to go a few pages further and check the box that says wah to vol. Both functions work now! I'm not sure I'm going to continue to use this config though. The wah is perfect, but the sweep on the volume is too quick. I tried to calibrate it but it doesn't see the volume. I assume it's because the volume isn't really assigned anywhere. I'll try it on a few gigs and see if I can get used to the short sweep. Otherwise I really like having both functions in one pedal!