Posts by ampoholic

Dag! Good to hear it survived, sorry it gave you palpitations! I usually run a strap over mine just for peace of mind. Never know if (when?) the sound guy is gunna yank cables. A wireless keeps me out of the equation, otherwise I would have dragged it around more than once I'm sure!

I use a Banshee 2. It runs in front of the KPA, plugs into "Input" on front panel. On some songs I run it with normal guitar sound, some without.

Most of the pedals I use are in a small rack case that the KPA sits on top of. Those pedals are controlled by midi commands sent from the KPA. Helps me have a small footprint in front of me. Don't know about the M13 as far as being midi controlled, but if it can be, rack it!

I use a Damage Control Glass Nexus for reverb, delay and some modulation effects. Works out great! The GN can store 1200+ presets with midi commands, I have 50+ presets. The KPA sends midi to the GN and it all works perfectly. 95% of the time the GN is running stereo out into a KPA Loop Stereo. There are a few times I run it in front of the amps in Loop Mono or Loop Distortion. Great that the KPA is so flexible is this regard.

I'm also using a Minifooger Tremolo, a Boss Super Octave and a EH Micro Synth in the same loop as the GN. These are control by the KPA and a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander. The LE turns 4 different loops on and off in any combination by midi commands sent by KPA. This also works great (so far anyway.)

I use the GN because it sounds great and is easy to use, six knobs for reverb and delay, 3 more for mod effects. And it's a tube buffer, runs on 2 12AX7s. The Minifooger gets a trem tone I can't from the GN or KPA for one song. I call the Boss SO the Neil Young pedal cause of the nasty fuzz/octave it gets.

The main reason I went to the GN instead of the KPA for reverb was the need for a better spring reverb. Then I just remembered how much I liked the GN for reverb and delay so it became my main effects box.

Power cable at back of kemper not fully seated can cause this even with ups. Ask me how I know..

Yup! Has happened to me several times. Thankfully only during practice. Learned to ensure the power cord is fully seated, especially at gigs!

I use a Carvin LS1202MA Powered 400W 12 Inch Monitor. Works great, sounds great, super versatile. Also works out really nice since we usually use Carvin LS series for our mains.

Have you tried the ground lifts on the back panel? I have noise issues at several different venues and end up using different combinations of ground lifts. I usually can kill all noise or at least get it massively reduced. As long as you don't "lift" all four at the same time, try all combinations of the four lifts.

Mine landed yesterday. Plug and play, no issues. It's little scary cause it takes it awhile to come to life, then it updates, then all the lights swell and there it is. When I plugged my Mission pedals into it, it even knew which was volume and which was wah/whammy. I ran a cable to the back of the KPA and now the Mission EP1-KP is also my boost(slot X) on/off. It'll be nice to have a shorter cable to the Remote if they upgrade to that, but I already run cables from the floor to the KPA so 1 more ain't horrible.

I don't believe you're limited on what pedals you can use with the KPA. I've tried most of the pedals I have and have had no issues. I'm currently using a Joe Meek compressor/preamp and a Rocktron Banshee 2 in front of the KPA. I use a Damage Control Glass Nexus and a EH Micro Synth in various loops, mostly Loop Stereo, slot Mod. Also, two Mission expression pedals, 1 for volume, 1 for wah/whammy. Oh and a TC G-System to control the KPA.

Waiting forever for a Kemper Remote. When can the common man in a cover band get one?

I made a foam pad for the KPA to sit on. It has a cut out underneath for the handle of my rack to fit in. Works great, but I might use taller feet if someone has that info. It didn't look to me like the KPA had standard amp feet, but I could be wrong.