What pedals to work with the Kemper (or Remote)?

• Hi,

I got a Kemper (toaster) last week, and am loving it. The physical interface and the sounds are great!

Just wondering about the options for external pedals for the unit, either direct into the back or if I end up getting the Remote unit? I already have an Ernie Ball volume pedal (big metal thing) and a Dunlop Crybaby, but I assume what I'd need would be expression pedals, similar to the things you'd use for a midi setup?

I'm very tempted by the Remote, but not sure if I can justify the cost at the moment, so right now may just use direct into the back of the unit if that works? I realise I can of course use my existing pedals in line between the guitar and the KPA input, but not sure if that is the way to go?

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions or experiences you may have, thanks!

• You can for sure use them in front, but your opportunities are limited that way. You can use both also in KPA`s FX-Loop, this way you can decide to use them bevor the stack section, or after. But you`ll have to use them both the same way... If I where you, I would use the wah between guitar and KPA, and the volume pedal in FX way. So you would need to take (stereo?) fx loop in the effects section (This way you can use volume without changing sound of the stomps and amplifier, but delay and reverb trails will fade out without changing volume.
    For the switch pedal inputs, you`ll have to use XPressions or (double)switch pedals (one XPression for each input or double switch for each. With an Y- cable you can also use two single switches for each input. You`ll have to assign functions in KPA`s System Menue...

Hope you`ll understand and it`ll also help you.

• I don't believe you're limited on what pedals you can use with the KPA. I've tried most of the pedals I have and have had no issues. I'm currently using a Joe Meek compressor/preamp and a Rocktron Banshee 2 in front of the KPA. I use a Damage Control Glass Nexus and a EH Micro Synth in various loops, mostly Loop Stereo, slot Mod. Also, two Mission expression pedals, 1 for volume, 1 for wah/whammy. Oh and a TC G-System to control the KPA.

Waiting forever for a Kemper Remote. When can the common man in a cover band get one?

Learn to Swim

• Thanks for the suggestions, looking forward to trying this out. I'm hoping I'll need few (if any) extra pedals, if I can use what is built into the KPA.

I've now ordered the Kemper Remote, so I'll be counting the days - or months - until that turns up!