Posts by Fireloogie

Hi guys,

thought I’d share my new board with you. I wanted a small travelboard to go, which would work on its own in case I am too lazy to unplug the KPA from my recording environment (yeah, great times^^). But it should hold some pedals that I could combine with the KPA also.

I have asked here about the new TS mini recently and decided to give it a try but go even one step further with the MI Audio Super Blues Pro. This thing is basically a TS with more options and a fuzz mode. Since the number of amps inside the KPA is huge and profiles differ from each other I wanted something I can adjust to any amp living inside the KPA. The Super Crunch Box I had owned before getting the KPA, and it saved me on some gigs when the amp was not of my kind or did not fit the band’ s style. Both pedals are well known to be stackable due to similar circuits, so I decided to couple them.

[Blocked Image: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/0370e1-1437038517.png]

Since I like my compression before the drive, I placed a Mooer Yellow Comp in front of it. It is a great little unit mimicking a Diamond Comp. (Which I never heard, but I like the Mooer for my small demands on compression.)

The Zoom G1on on the left is interesting. Kinda cheapo KPA togo. But good! Providing great reverbs, chorus and delays, amps & cabs of course and headphone outs. I can take it of that board and put it into my gigbag when I have no free hand. (Which happens when I am travelling :D ) It will do the job for practicing all the way. It houses a looper and a drum machine which can be used in the KPA’s FX Loop.

The whole board can be placed before the KPA, direct to a mixer/card for recording or straight to the poweramp in the rehearsal room. And also, which will be the common use besides traveling, in front of my Blackstar Flies in the living room. Which is a very neat looking combination!

Last not least I have two separate setups this way, so if someone is coming over to jam or practice, everything is there.
    And most important: It sounds amazing in any combination mentioned above. Driving the KPA with an external pedal can even give a nice color or push (you name it) to a rig that already features a KPA drive stomp. I think with 2 electrics and 1 acoustic I am finally settled with the KPA and this board. Given, they are finally coming up with a high quality spring... argh off topic^^.

[Blocked Image: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/842301-1437038537.png]

Hm well... I just figured a Telly is missing... does it never stop?

Good day all
    FL

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Das kann/darf/sollte man ändern^^

Look at the small controllers from Peak. They are inexpensive and work great with the Kemper.

http://www.peak2005.com/j/midi…oot-controller-ver20.html

Thx man, I will checke these out for live. Wonder if they are available round here though. But recently the idea is growing on me, to have something I can edit the KPA with using my hands, and finetuning some parameters from where I sit. But I don't know if the MIDI communication will be flawless when using a MIDI to USB adapter cable...

8o "Hund-e-nase Tante Mechthild. Es heißt Hund-e-nase" :thumbup:

Zu Deiner Frage, nein, das geht so leider nicht. Aber: Du kannst rechts im Inspector einen Comment zum selektierten Rig eingeben. Und wenn Du dann oben auf der Kopfzeile der Tabelle das Kontextmenü aufrufst, Comment mit dem Häckchen markierst/aktivierst, erscheint der Comment folgerichtig als Spalte der Tabelle. Zumindest etwas... Wusstest Du wahrscheinlich aber schon!? Was meinst Du denn mit "falsche Einträge". Unpassend oder unkorrekt?

Gruß
    FL

Good morning,

I am looking for a controller for the KPA. The Remote is great, but too huge for my needs. All I want is a simple way to change some presets.
    Now I found this one. It is presented by the fantastic Tom Quayle and seems to do much more than might be assumed by its size. Needs extra power though, I e-mailed them :(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For home use I would like something hand controlled. What do you think, would these work with the KPA? With a USB to MIDI cable?

http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_x_touch_mini.htm

http://www.musik-produktiv.de/novation-launch-control.html

Nice day everone!

I have a few different boost pedals and also picked up the TS808 MINI, I love this thing. It works very well with the Kemper and my leads have an incredible amount of sustain on them now. It's the icing on the cake for my profiles.

All right then, thank you very much Sir. I am going to buy it. Heard only good things aboud it yet. Though the Kemper is cabalble of fantastic sound on its own, it seems good to have that icing at your feed.

I believe the KPA team is working on something innovative in this matter - not only the DSP emulation on the spring reverb - but also Spring emulation reacting to the vibration of the surrounding !!!:) Like real spring re-verb:) So give them some more time.

I think so, too. And this is fine. But as we would be happy as children under the christmas tree, I think it is ok to to whine a little bit from time to time... And since CK is the man behind the fantastic Virus Synth, I have no doubts they will come up with something great that might reach far beyond a single spring reverb.

I really hope this is being worked on, when I bought my kemper almost one year ago I thought that this glaring "hole" in the fx line-up would be fixed soon so I had no worries about buying it, even though I use a lot of spring reverb. Here I am one year later still using the fx loop like a chump. Spring reverb is such a important part of the sound in many genre, I think it is really strange that this is still not available. IF it arrives someday I hope it will not be hardwired to be after the amp like the reverb is now. We need a good spring reverb, we need it in the stomps section and we need it NOW!

so true... the basic of so many players "just playing" sound(s) :saint:

maybe I shouldn't be the guy arguing against pedals.
    I have ~40-50 ODs & fuzzes here ;)
    They ARE cool get a cool variation of a profile quickly in a recording situation, and they do work very well with the Profiler.

What I meant to say was: you don't have to use them to achieve something that the Profiler by itself cannot.

:)

Wow - now that's an impressive number. When you say fuzz... I guess the Nano Big Muff in front of a Kemper has been around here already?

In fact I have a MI Audio Super Crunch Box in the rehearsalroom, which is actually up for sale because I did not see any need for a Marshall in a box as I now have ANY Marshall in one box :D
    But: The Super Crunch Box has an overdrive (besides high gain distortion) Mode as well. I will try it with the Kemper first and see if it works for me or if it is redundant. Maybe a clean TwoRock with a touch of Marshall drive on top has something to it. Besides the generell discussion here the MI Audio Super Crunch Box is highly recommentable as well as their Super Blues Pro Overdrive.

Thanks guys, very helpful community here, really appreciated.

@ Grooguit: I had several modelers before the Kemper, POD HD was the last one, Tonelab(s) was (were) the best one(s) so far. My feeling always has been, that an external od worked on the guitarsignal while an od inside a modeler workd on the ampmodel. This was spotted out by our regional leading guitar mag several times, too, and it matches my experiences.

I have to play more with the parameters on the Kemper though, since yet I have only gone through the rigs. I really like getting into units, just a matter of time recently. So, I presumed it would be the same thing with the Kemper and an external od, wich would by no means mean a missing feature as it is rather a question of physics.

But - maybe the Kemper behaves differently here, so I will try before buy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the clean amplified signal being mixed to the driven one - I think this is woth checking out. I hope I can try it this weekend and post what I got.

We are almost in sync now :) One thing to mention is, that I do not want a drive pedal to prevent the unpeasent aspects of apower amp distortion, since I know the Kemper does not have that. I simply love to boost the signal quite a bit in the way you described it above.

Nevertheless - before byuing I will check the parameters you mentioned. Maybe there is really no need for an external drive pedal and the money is better spent on some more profiles.

Again Don - thanks for helping out!!

:thumbup:

Don - I hear you. And I agree to everything you say. But this is exactly the point that might keep me from purchasing a TS and therefore get another (type of) drive pedal.
    I have been reading in many forums that people keep asking, why one would like to put a pedal (of choice) in front of a high end tube amp since this amp should already sound perfect on its own. The answer is quite simple: The pedal actually works on the signal, more than on the amp itself. In the digital world of the Kemper, the Ampprofile is being pushed (altered) and not so much the pure signal coming from the guitar. This is why I had assumed an external pedal to behave noticeably different from a Kemper stomp. Then again the TS has this special behavior besides the distortion, which can be wanted or unwanted - always depends on the gear-scenario (and of course personal taste).

Basically I am referring to this sentence in the manual:

[Blocked Image: http://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/2163f0-1435232897.jpg]

hope the link works. It says:

"Changing the volume doesnt affect the color of sound." This is what a tube amp does. And the change of the color goes along with what we call mulm of bass here :) And this is where the TS comes into play, what it is designed for and where it plays out this unique sideeffect, in a positiv way: Making the bass frequencies sound "nice" or "pleasing", "not mushy", you name it, again. So, since this sideeffect cannot be dialed out, it might affect the Kemper in an unwanted way since the Kemper does not behave like a tubeamp regarding volume changes. Hence my thread.

I am sry, when I do not put it right, I am not a native speaker :)

Hi Don,

thx for the answer. Maybe I did not discribe it well enough :rolleyes:
    My question is regarding this unique TS behavior knwon as midbumb, which goes along with a tightend bass response. This is wanted on a tube amp, which changes its sound when volumes are being changed. But the Kemper - as stated in the manual - does not change the sound in that case, so there is theoretically no need to use a classical TS to get - besides the distortion itself - this unique sideeffect. Also I assume that the 808 stomp inside the Kemper does not have this particular sideffect to this degree.

So, it might be better to purchase another drive pedal to boost the Kemper, either something very transparent or something quite different, which brings in an own sound. This does not seem useful either because of soooo many great and differing profiles available. But besides the TS Mini I have an eye on the Way Huge Saucy Box, that offers a clean signal along with the distorted one. That seems to be a good choice as the Kemper (afaIk) can not do so on its own.

Nevertheless, if users have good experiences in using a TS in front of the Kemper, the MTS Mini is still in my considerations.

Regards
    A

Hi there,

since the new TS Mini is calling my name, I wonder if it makes any sense to place a TS in front of a Kemper.

Because:
    The TS does have this well known impact on the lower frequencies, and this is fine and desired when using a real tube amp, especially at high volumes.
    The Kemper indeed does not have his sound changed when chaniging the volume. So the effect of the typical TS might be unwanted here and result in a somewhat weaker sound.

I like to boost my signal for certain things quite a bit and the TS Mini seems to be a little gem in what it does. It looks great (to me at least) and the price is challeching, too. Since the Mini is very similar to - if not the same as - his bigger brothers, I assume some of you have placed the comporable classic TS in front of the Kemper.

Does anyone have an opinion on that? What are the results?

Thx & Nice day everyone!
    A

@ admin: I would have liked to post this in another category, but though I am a registered User, I do not get the option to start a thread in another part of the forum. What am I doing wrong? Thx.

Let's get control of the unit itself from a computer before we make the remote control the computer.

^^ Two totally different aspects here. An editor is high on my - and obviously on almost everbody’s - wishlist though. But for recording, I need something footcontrolled, and this feature might make me go for the Kemper remote, too.

Hi!

I know that has been said many times, but I hope it is ok to post it once more just to emphasize the need for a

High Quality Spring Reverb.

I have just returned the wonderful Subdecay Super Spring Theory because I found that such a reverb - equvalent in quality to Subdecay, Strymon and the likes - is high on the list of requested features. To name the advantages of having one inside the Kemper instead of another stompbox to carry, to power and to set is pointless, I guess^^.
    So, good people at Kemper, make it happen please .

I used to play organ when I was a kid (hated it, but learned a lot). The instrument I played on had a real spring reverb. To me this is still the benchmark. But checking the Subdecay or hearing the Holy Grail in that vid where the Kemper is being used, shows, that digital spring reverbs can sound very very pleasing.

Have a nice day everyone!