Posts by Sheeny

Thanks Burkhard, I had initially tried that, however the first button press seems to decault to the Morphed state. I'll retry again and let you know.

Further to this I have toggle state displays (pos 1 , unmorphed and pos 2, morphed), however when I switch between presets, the toggle state gets out of sync, so I have more work to do there as well. Appreciate yout input!

Thanks for your input aehaem, appreciated. The key to it working with more than one preset in a single bank I think will rely on somehow reverting to the original 'on enter bank' state each time a new preset in that bank is selected.

I'm not sure how its done with the Remote or the Stage. It may be a higher level configuration that what is available to us, or just the correct (magical) set of MIDI instructions!

Update: So I have it working for one preset in a bank only.

On Enter bank, load Kemper preset via PC... for example "on Enter bank" load PC 104 ( being Performance 20 Slot5). The desired slot is loaded.

Then in the MIDI controller bank, using the performance CC slot #, I press again position 1 of the Toggle enabled preset on my controller moves to morph state. I press again engaging position 2 of the toggled state and it reverts to the unmorphed slot.

What I am working on now is adding additional presets in the bank that behave exactly the same. Somehow I have to revert any toggled states of the other presets to their original state (unmorphed). Quite involved.

What I doing with the single morphed preset that works in the controllers bank seems to be adequate at the moment as I only ever really need no more than two sounds per song.

I wont give up though, I'm sure there is a solution. 😉

Can some please provide the explicit MIDI instructions for my MIDI switcher that will emulate the exact behaviour of the Kemper Remote?

I know it sounds like a simple question, but I'm struggling to execute the switching correctly when I change from one preset to another using my MIDI Switcher (Morningstar MC6Pro)

What I want is to select a bank on my MIDI switcher with say for instance three presets, On enter a preset (button push) it selects the unmorphed preset, if I hit the same button again it will morph, and again it will revert back to unmorphed.

Furthermore, I want to be able to select any preset initially in the unmorphed state.

For example: on enter bank PC104 CC80,0 - unmorphed, then press again (toggle) CC80,1 morphed correct? it doen't work, so perhaps I'm misinterpreting the CC80 instruction?

Surely someone else has tried to achieve this?

Thank you Burkhard!

CC#50-54 seems to work well with Toggle Mode on the MC6Pro. I can also configure a different name and colour if I want on the button if I choose when the preset enters state 2 (morph). One key takeaway is to also remember to add a Clear Toggle States on Disengage message. That way when I move to another preset/button within the MC6Pro bank it doesn't matter what state I have left the morph preset in (state 1 or 2), as it will always return to the default state being 1 (morph off) when I go back to it,

Funny how things work out... I spent most of the day trying unsuccessfully to work it out. I stopped in frustration around 6pm, had a glass of wine while I read your post Burkhard, and now its all sorted!

Cheers. :)

Hi all, I have a MIDI controller (Morningstar MC6Pro) and a Power Head. Once my Performance and Slot is selected I want to be able to programme it so the buttons work with morphing the same way as my Stage works:

1. 1st press (to select the specific slot) will be in the first morph state.

2. 2nd press of the same MIDI controller button with move to the second morph state (Most probably on my MIDI controller it will be a "Long Press"?)

3. subsequent press of the same controller button will return to the first morph state.

So I understand MIDI CC #80 is the correct one to use, bit lost after that. Just wondering if anyone else has a solution per above?

Is there any worry that vibration from the speaker will hurt the Kemper?

No. I was happy enough to proceed considering there are so many other PCB Based Digital amplifiers already following the combo design pathway.

Kemper Kombo Amp:

All the parts have finally arrived. I had a disaster trying to put the Kemper logo on the grill, so no logo on this little baby. Very Happy with the final product. Just a smidge under 14.2Kg's. Particularly loving the weight, and the retractable magnetic push release tilt legs, and of course the recessed handles with polished stainless steel guards. With recessed handles, there's plenty of unobstructed room on top now. It's all going into a heavy duty Flight Case and/or an Australian made "Glove" heavy duty amp cover. Phew!

Okay, teaser... I've now finished the combo cabinet in lightweight 18mm Ply, I had the design CNC Cut, and its fully assembled. Its been upholstered in British Emerald Green Tolex. I went overboard and installed screw inserts for all screw connections. I also have integrated rear speaker tilt legs. Just waiting on the Kone to arrive now and busy preparing the Kemper logo for the speaker grill.

Here's the really cool thing. Total weight of this Power Rack/Kone Combo is 14.2 Kilograms.

Images shortly!

Thank you!