Posts by sercho

You're welcome.

Just be aware that you might need to adjust the gate (or gates) in different ways depending on the set up you're using and / or the volume you're managing in your gig

Nice song! I specially like the chorus, very catchy! Nevertheless I think it could benefit from some subtle backing vocals in "the world stops turning when I think about you".

Regarding the mix, I cannot say much as I just listened with some cheap earbuds, not proper monitors. Once at home I will relisten. But so far I agree with @Nikos, I wouldn't mind having some more creative processing in the voice, like some agressive filtering at some points, playing with some exaggerated delays or stuff like that, I think this would fit a lot in your song and make it more vibrant and fresh.

I'd have chosen a darker snare, but that's just a matter of taste!

Thanks, @grorig, it's somehow nice to hear I'm not the only one! But I don't dare manipulating the insides of the KPA myself (well I might do it if the warranty had expired but it's not the case).

Thanks anyway!

Thanks guys! I guess I'll just borrow a mediocre active wedge from our drummer (that's what i've used so far when rehearsing, not as good as my home studio's yamahas hs8 -great for the price-, but enough for me) and cross my fingers, then if everything goes fine I'll consider a FRFR.

if i had an important gig i'd wait till id done it before sending in for repair. My KPA needed the LED's replaced i waited nearly 8 months before sending it away as i couldnt be without it so i waited until i was away on holiday. As the screen is not playing any problems with the sound id wait till you have done the gig

Well I actually have to make up my mind about this: I've never gigged with the KPA, just a bunch of rehearsals TBH, but I'm pretty confident about it. We have a previous and less important gig in a few days so that would be my toaster's live debut. This way I'll have live-tested the KPA before the big night (though I'm considering installing 3.0.2 back, as I've read there's still apparently some issues in performance mode in 3.1.4 for some users) I still have to test 3.1.4 at the rehearsal with the midi switcher and all...

I have it also sometimes. Sounds like the cab doesn't activate and the output LED goes red. I don't have to switch back and forth, just wait a couple of seconds and it sounds normal again.

I've been having the output-LED-going-red-for-a-sec-just-after-switching-rigs issue (only in some rigs), but this actually used to happen to me back in 3.0.2 as well... Haven't opened a ticket nor complained because it doesn't seem to affect the sound, at least in performance mode.

I'm posting this just for the record, so if someone has a similar issue in the future, they won't feel like they're the only ones and can say "at least there´s another poor wretch out there with this problem"

Well it's a pity but I'll have to send my toaster to germany to get the screen fixed... The only thing that eased a bit the pain of looking into such screen was setting the contrast WAY up, but this had an undesired side effect: now, as you turn contrast up, those annoying vertical lines begin showing up, but now in the clear parts of the screen, kinda darkening it (weird, huh?)

I have a couple of gigs (one of them, very important for us, supporting a great international rocknroll artist coming to Madrid), I don't know wether sending it now and just hope it arrives back in time for the gig, sending it after the gig or just sending it and use my good old JCM800 in that concert...

What would you guys do?

Adjusting the screen settings didn´t work at all, neither did initialising global setings from system menu...
    I´m 90% sure resetting the system won´t work either, so I think I´ll skip and open a support ticket. :(

Can you post a picture of the actual LCD settings page in the system menu? This looks like the settings are way off. All you need to do is to return them to the factory default values and you should be fine. You can use the Initialising global settings function in the system menu to achieve this.

Will try that, thanks a lot. But as long as the screen has been fine all these months I've owned the KPA and it suddenly began having this issue the other day, somwthing tells me there is something more... Hope I'm wrong!

Have you tried to adjust all the screen options in the system menu??

Well... no, but this began to happen spontaneously! I mean, I turned it on, it was fine, I played for 15 or 20 minutes and then the screen looked like this! :!: So it should have nothing to do with any change in the screen options in the system menu. Anyway I'll give that a try but I don't think it's gonna work. Moreover, if it actually DOES work, I won't be relaxed thinking it could screw up again in any moment for no apparent reason...