Posts by Frodebro

Is there anything full range and powered that is in the shape of the Mesa horizontal 2x12? I've also wanted one of those...

I believe Mission makes powered cabs that are full range and similar in shape to traditional cabs. I've got a Mesa horizontal 2x12. It sounds great, but it's big and heavy, and doesn't fit in my car.

dean, your banging that kemper drum so loud you are starting to sound like those axe guys you are crusading against.
    thanks for the humor.

Indeed. Telling Fractal owners that they bought the wrong product because they didn't know any better really doesn't seem like a good idea, ya know? If somebody is happy with their gear, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter if it's a KPA, an Axe-FX, a Helix, or a freaking Peavey Bandit. If they're happy with it, then they made the right decision in purchasing it.

Mr. Skank:

I'm not a kemper fan by any stretch, I just don't think AXE FX II is worth it's asking price by any stretch and I'm shocked that it was hyped so much that many ended up buying it. Disliking the AXE FX II for its artificial and non musical Character doesn't make me a kemper fan, maybe and AXE FX disliker.

If you can link to anything that sounds made by AXE FX as real as this(see below just raw amps), I will go out and buy an AXE FX II in a couple of weeks when the big price drop happens as AX8 is released. I'm 100% sure you won't find anything from the AXE II that's even in the neighborhood of Kemper because AXE FX II as I've been trying to tell you is not based on accuracy and I'm not about to repost the clear information that shows that. But I'll use your method (without personal attacks and vulgar language to point you to what the Kemper can do which makes it leaps and bounds above the AXE FX in terms of realism. These are facts supported by clips! Can your AXE do this? Since it doesn't I advice that you sell yours before the price drop and buy the Kemper and then you will realize what you've missing all this wasted time futzing around with an unrealistic overpriced modeler.

There's 'intent', and there's 'perception'. Meaning, it's possible that your intent in your posts may be different than what other people perceive it to be.

Any MIDI foot controller that sends PCs will work, I'm using a Ground Control Pro. You won't be able to change channels on the amp unless you add an Amp Gizmo to the rig, but as far as changing presets on the KPA any MIDI controller will work.

Close. You would want to run the chain as follows:

Guitar> KPA input

KPA send> Mesa input

Mesa loop send> KPA return

KPA main out> Mesa loop return

This places the Mesa preamp in a loop, so you will need to use a slot for that when you want to run through it.

I thank that this thread was dead... I just can't understand why some Fractal users feel the need to do this kind of stuff on the Kemper forum... ?(

I don't understand why some Kemper users feel the need to do it here, either. Use what works for you, let others use what works for them. It's just gear.

The KPA is great for direct recording-that's why I bought mine. No amps, cabs, or mics to mess with, and no volume issues when tracking at odd hours. And with most of the better profiles you're going to generally get better, more consistent results than if you were trying to mic a cab in a smaller, untreated room (which is what most of us who do this for fun are dealing with).

Cant agree more.
    But obviously there are many people in many blogs with an "agenda".For example that the Profiler is "just one more modeler" and not much different from any other modeler in the market.I have read this so often (also here in this forum) that I could not withstand trying to start a serious discussion about this.Not to defend "my toy".I could not care less.What I care about are "great ideas".. ;) ..."great new concepts"..

You encounter people with those 'agendas' with lots of different types of gear, not just the "Axe-FX/KPA Debate". I know of a couple people on a couple of different boards that dislike Mesa/Boogies so much that they cannot help but inject their opinions in every Mesa thread they see. As a longtime Boogie owner (currently still have five of them), I admit that at first the temptation was strong to jump in and respond to their rants, but I quickly realized that it wouldn't change a thing, so I just let them have their little rants alone, and I don't pay them any attention. They're not going to change THEIR minds and they're not going to change MY mind, so worrying about it is pointless. Just use what works for you, and don't worry about what other people think about it. They're not paying for your gear, YOU are, so use what YOU like.

This is just horrible - I think I have all the profiles I need and then I hear of this Marshall pack - but wait I have a bunch of Mike's Marshall profiles already in the other packs along with a few from Top Jimi, TAF, and others. And now it seems I must have more - my god how much is enough - how many different profiles can you own before you have enough - well I guess in my case the answer is as many as Mike and the other guys can continue to make that sound this good. And there goes a few more $ and whole lot of time - poof gone!

Thanks Mike!

Look at it this way-the profile packs are still much cheaper than buying effects pedals, and look at how many of THOSE some people crank through on a regular basis.