Posts by silhouette

Similar to me. When I had the Profiler Damaged screen I had the same sycn issue and the resultant syncing feeling., wondering if all this is damaging my Kemper.

Good God man the War and Peace of Wah settings! Thank you very much for pointing this out. I don't know how I missed it. I will definitely investigate this. I have so enjoyed the beta process, despite some of the issues, as I feel that I have been learning so much about the Kemper and improving the sounds I have been getting. Not to mention some interesting work done by other users such as yourself.

So far so very good. I must say that Rig Manager has made it so much easier and quicker to experiment with guitar tones. The latest thing that I have been working with is direct profiles and experimenting with my large collection of irs, which produced some stellar sounds. My main complaint on this front is that when you import/drag the ir into RM3 there is a limit to the number of characters in the title. Which means that a lot of the detail about mic - position - distance gets lost which can mean a lot of editing and reduction to be able to see what you have got stored. Could this character limit be increased as it is there when directly imported into the Profiler, even though you can't see it all due to the limitations of the screen.

One other annoying thing is I cannot edit the tile in RM3 .

Everything was going fine with the new versions of RM and KPA update until the Profiler crashed. I had been experimenting with using irs. I had dragged a Red Wire profile from a folder on my computer to the Cabinet Symbol on the Profiler section. I had done this a number of time and it had worked very well. I change the view to the Profiler Profiles and then the crash happened. I have been having a number of issues also with the Profiler becoming un-synced with Rig Manager.

did you update to the latest version of Rig Manager and Profiler OS Beta?

Have updated the Rig Manager but cannot update the Kemper as it does not see the new chaos.bin an I have no idea how to make the Kemper see it.

Will have to revert to the previous Rig Manager!

Done this and now my profiler refuses to sync. This beta testing is just that - really testing.

the slot turns on automatically. you don't have to do this. and when you drag, you don't have to press Ctrl-Enter either.

Sorry I have been away which explains the late reply. I drag a profile into a performance slot and it at first appears it hasn't worked until I turn the slot on. It does not come on automatically. So it does not turn on automatically for me! To audition a profile in the Browser some times double clicking does not work and enter does not work either, however Ctrl/Enter does. Sorry but that is how it is for me.

Drag and Drop. I create another window and so have the ability to drag the profiles I want from the Kemper into a performance. Remember that you have to turn on the slot to see the profile after dragging it. Highlight, then Ctrl + Enter to activate a rig in your library.

Just want to add that I've also experienced problems editing rigs within performances. It seems that changes made to a rig in a performance slot are not always saved using the "Store Performance" button.

Well it does seem that the RM3 Store options do not work properly. However saving using the Kemper does work for me. I had discovered that I was not using the latest firmware and upon updating this saving or moving performances worked. Although the bottom four added presets are still not visible until the slots are turned on.

Every time I change a profile in Browser mode the setting for Stomps and Amp do not match the Kemper. I must confess to being discouraged as the Rig Manager is a great idea but is a complete mess for me at this moment.

The problem seems to be that the sync of presets does not always take place. Then you have to shut RM down and open it again sometimes more than once until it syncs/

Creating the performances has improved a bit, I am running 3.0.82. At least in this version Performances don't crash the Kemper.

Drag and drop does work but when you drop it does not automatically turn on the slot. You have to turn it on. The first slot is usually always on in a new performance.

The problem that I am having is that the link between the performance and the Stomps/Amp controls seem to be broken in Performance mode.

I can't even drag and drop into a performance any more. I can drag and drop the first one in slot 1. But dragging does not work in any other slot, well at least until I discovered that you have to turn the slot on and the profile is then displayed.

Also the component controls do not seem to work in performance mode when using the remote to change . For instance I cannot adjust the Amplifier settings for the selected performance. If I change to a different performance profile the compressor is on in the performance but showing off in Rig Manager. If I turn it on and off it then shows the current status. If you adjust the parameters on the Kemper they are not reflected in RM3. It is all slightly random.

Is it right that the space bar is used to toggle the components on and off?