Posts by silhouette

I have a lot of Rewirez IRs that I would like to use. I can import them into Rig Manager 3 with no issue into the Local Library folder in All Presets. However, and this is the issue, the full name for the ir is not saved as there is a character limit and I cannot press enter to save if I want to edit the name, I have to to click on the right hand space by the name in the main window. This is all really irritating, especially as the IR's original name contains all the necessary detail to identify the type and nature of that IR. It creates a lot more unnecessary work especially if you are importing a large batch.

I think there have been a lot of issues with Performances in RM3. I run RM3 on Windows 10 and whenever I work on performances the KPA crashes. It is a known bug. I have also had issues dragging profiles into the different performance slots and the Kemper does not update itself until a restart. You cannot delete the "bad" performance as delete is greyed out and you have to overwrite a New Performance.

However, when this is sorted out it will be game changing for me tweaking the sounds I have in my head or even the sounds I did not know I had available to me.

Cancel the good news. After working on modifying some performances the crash has happened yet again. It is making dragging and dropping into a performance almost impossible and if it doesn't crash it does not always save. I have spoken to support and it is a known issue, which is a relief as I now know that it is not just me.

Actually after some investigation I have discovered that the behaviour I have described happens whenever I create a performance. This seems to be a bug with Rig Manager 3 - possibly system specific unless anybody else has been having the same problem.

See attachment

I can't seem to find a place in support to actually upload an image.

I also cannot select the offending performance in Rig Manager. Everytime I select this performance the Kemper freezes and I have to shut down.

This is the first performance I have created in RM3 I am a bit loath to create another in case the same thing happens again. I can't delete the rouge performance as delete is greyed out. I have moved it to (55) somewhere I won't accidentally load it.

I might be wrong but each profile have I have modified before RM3 saved the date of the time I saved it. Now it retains the date of the original profile which makes it a pain comparing recently saved profiles when I I order by date.

I'm a clean to mid-gain player with an opinion. Nothing more.

Unless the style of music calls for it, I look at adding EQ much like polishing a turd. No matter how 'good' it may seem.....it's still just a turd. So, I stay away from adding an equalizer to try and create a 'good' sound. It's useful to get a specific sound or to 'notch' the guitar into (or out of) a mix. But if I *have* to EQ a profile to reach 'good' I look for something else.

I am afraid that I can't agree with this. I find that a lot of profiles need a bit of mid to add a little body. If it sounds good it is good, it's all subjective anyway and I certainly enjoy the profiles I have created/altered. Having said that I never use an insert EQ and only the amp mid control.

Just been playing with the new editor and so far I am sold. Yes I know you can do all this stuff in the Kemper, but it is so much more direct on the screen. I have loved my Kemper right from the start. I was lucky to buy a two month old one for £650. Yeah an absolute bargain. The best money I have ever spent on gear.