Posts by Morph

I had problems when I used multiple ports of my adapter. They were less when I only had the KPA on it and I bought a new usb C to usb B cable on the weekend which seems to work fine. It does seem to lose connection when I close the MacBook but it’s just a question of unplugging and re plugging the new cable.

you may consider a Suhr? Stainless frets and fantastic. Just a thought

if the input and output sources in your audio settings are the Kemper usb, this could be the problem. You could try using a different output destination like the mac speakers or a different interface.

I recently visited a drummer who did over 60 live tracks with me.

He gave me this Alvarez 5056 with case. It's almost 50 years old and sounds like a Martin D-35.

These guitars were built to compete with Martin and they got really damn close. 8)

That’s a really kind thing. Much respect

I have the SY-1 and that’s how I use it. It works really well. I have the loop in the pre section, turn off the amp block and go bonkers with the reverbs and delays. The loop’ means I can leave the pedal on and use the loop stomp to activate it.

Great news indeed even if I have an Apollo interface and i don't need an other USB audio interface. Maybe i'll find later a reason to use it?

I'm using the Kemper only in studio and 44.1 KHZ is also a reason to me to no use it.

Happy for the those who need it.

I have an Apollo twin and will still monitor the spdif. USB looks handy for re-amping though as my interface only has a spdif in

I know. I’m not using BETA’s. I’m waiting for it to be elevated to official release. I was just pointing out, that I cannot see USB on Mac described in the BETA, so I was just thinking, that they concentrate on Windows first. As far as I see, they only describe USB on PC in the description of the BETA. So I was just happy, that people are posting, that they use it with Mac. I was surprised.

works great with the Mac

This is a common and understandable error in understanding (that is absolutely not meant as a dig at you, even if it may sound like that).

If you're interested and have the time, I suggest to watch this video. He is really great at explaining and showing what actually happens :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

he’s brilliant. It took me ages to wrap my head around that stuff 20 odd years ago. Nice one

Here’s my take, sample rate determines how frequently a sample is taken, a sample being a measure of voltage. If frequencies higher than half the sample rate are processed, aliasing occurs. The aim is to capture frequencies to 20khz with an anti aliasing filter after that point hence sample rate of 44.1khz. The bit rate determines how closely to the measured voltage a sample might be represented in the digital domain. 16 bit is accurate to 1/65536 24 bit to 1/16777216. This gives theoretical dynamic ranges of 96 and 124 dB respectively.