Posts by Morph

Just a thought but would a workaround be to store on the actual unit. I realise that it would be ideal to have the button back but it’s should be a practical solution for now?

You’ve got a couple of alternatives, if you take the KPA headphone out it’ll just be you so you might want to use it in one ear only to hear you louder than everything else. If everyone else is going to a mixer, you could take a line from that to the alt input and use the aux input level to mix that with your own signal. My band all go to a mixer and we have stereo sends to a headphone amp then to our in ears.

Ideally you should set the clock on the Kemper and tell Cubase and your 8i6 to use spdif for the clock. You then need to set cubase project sample rate to the same as the KPA. It’s probably changing because your project sample rate and the KPA sample rate at different. I run Logic but the projects are always 44.1khz, the KPA is 44.1khz and the interface uses the spdif clock. I hope this makes sense

V8guitar summed it up nicely. As well as low impedance driving longer cables better you are also amplifying the signal right at source (before much pf the noise gets in) so you should get a better signal to noise ratio. Lots of people seem to see them as a Metal thing but some guy called Gilmour used them for a long time in his Strat and seemed to get an OK tone. Didn’t Knopfler have EMGs in his Pensa Suhr too?

I have EMG in two guitars. Musicman Luke II and a Tele I built myself. I like them both but don’t consider them night and day either.

I had them in the ‘80s because Larry Carlton had them in his Valley Arts strat. My recollection is that they lacked dynamics but that’s from ages ago.

nice playing man

I’m constantly hearing digital amp enthusiasts say using the (insert digital amp brand here) your amp will be consistent every night. We’ll no duh, not changing your amp controls will give you the same sound every night. It’s the room that changes. Bing bong! That’s why you adjust the knobs. Thoughts? Masters and geniuses only please. The way music is going it is consistent every night. Know why? It’s pre recorded. So grab your digital amp and your prerecorded music and rock it I guess 🤷‍♂️ yup I’m old. Also guilty of doing both and loving guitar and playing music. Just pointing out the BS.

Tubes heat up during the gig in my experience and get more distorted in the same room. Sound guys change on the bigger gigs and some are better than others at mic placement and monitor sends. I use IEMs pretty much now and am happy with that. No BS as far as I can see. I am also old and very much love playing guitar and making music.