Posts by DaanJM

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Daan.

I honestly don't think buying the FS3X will save you much time. You still have to drill holes for the MIDI connector and power connector. Furthermore, you also still have to do all connections from the momentary switches to the Arduino and from the power plug and MIDI jack to the arduino. The only thing it saves you is drilling of the holes for the switches. I agree that you can omit the Trigger switch, as it is not of much use to me.

It might be a cool feature to include regular jack outputs that connect to the momentary switches, so you can also choose to connect the pedal to the pedal inputs (with TRS) on the Kemper, omitting the MIDI capability.

Isn't the FCB1010 capable of merging MIDI signals? Then you could still use it for program changes and use the separate looper pedal for the NRPN messages simultaneously. I think you have to activate this feature in some kind of menu on the FCB1010.

Hey Carsten,

I'll be glad to help you out if you encounter any problems when building the simple looper.

I added all documentation of the combined switcher/looper to the Dropbox folder. Please note that the documentation was made for the programmable loop switcher (which it used to be). I kept the hardware almost the same though. The wiring is a complete overkill for a pedal, just sending MIDI commands. Also, the code is a mess and not completely working 100%. You're free to try if you can get it working, but I'm not enthusiastic about helping you out if you cannot get it working.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eai…ziI1vxsjdL6NrTDZ8dua?dl=0

I think the problem might be that it sends the button press and release commands right after eachother, like you would have pressed and released the button within one millisecond or so. Maybe the Kemper expects a little delay between both commands.

<a href="http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/User/43191-DaanJM/">@DaanJM</a>,
    thank you so much. But i think you are right. It is too complicated for a beginner.
    But if you have those things (only for controlling) to download (please don't do much effort)
    i would give it a try.

I put the code in the same Dropbox folder. I doubt if it's going to be of any help, as the wiring can not easily be derived from just the code.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eai…ziI1vxsjdL6NrTDZ8dua?dl=0

Thank you so much. I thought it could be used as a complete midi-board, but it is only for the looper, right?
    I never did anything with controllers. Would it be difficult to expand the possibilities and add normal
    midi commands?

I also made a MIDI controller with 6 footswitches. It was originally meant to be a loop switcher for 8 effects. Now I don't need a loop switcher anymore, so I made it into a controller for the Kemper. It has two bank switches to change performances and four buttons for accessing slots (with a way to access the fifth slot as well). It also has a looper mode, you can go to by pressing both bank buttons simultaneously. Wiring and code is pretty complicated though, because I needed to use shift registers (a chip to control LEDs) as the amount of pins on the Arduino is not sufficient to control this many switches and LEDs.

However, you can neglect the 8 LEDs on top and the two small switches on the bottom left corner. You would need Arduino pins for the slot indicator LEDs (4), stomp switches (6), 7-segment display (7, neglecting the dot) and MIDI communication (1): 18 pins in total, which is possible to do without shift registers. I'm willing to help you out, but it might be quite a tough project to start out with if you have no experience with controllers at all.

[Blocked Image: https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/2/AACGKN9pCXHtGrozwCFKVi4FL-eClWY-r3xVIwbcQByyKw/12/26539452/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/2016-01-02%2012.45.08.jpg/ENrU_hMYro4BIAIoAg/7PhdpKHrCKRmU4FVe0Z1AkvuYt1xwg0yNIU5zvXf-fA?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3]