Posts by mariosoldano

hi

i sold my Kemper nonpowered cabinet because it sounded too boxy and thin.

I bought a Harley Benton 2x12 Vertical with V30 Celestions for 290 €, sold the speakers for good money and replaced them with 2 Kemper Kones.

Now i got the sound i was looking forever.

Sounds like day and night compared to the Kemper 1x12 cab.

Images

360.71 kB

1,038×728

There are obviously a a number of people on the forum and elsewhere experiencing the problem but in terms of overall users it is statistically not a big proportion. The vast majority of users are not having an issue. This is what makes it hard for a manufacturer to track down the issue. The best way to help them is to c0ntact support directly and share your experience in detail with them.

i think the experience is always the same

Have you reported it directly to support?

The issue only affects a tiny minority of users so it is difficult Kemper to fond the problem unless they have detailed information on the user’s specific systems to troubleshoot.

I think, it`s more than a tiny minority , i tried 3 different PC`s with Windows 10 and they all did not work <X

This is a problem 100 %. I wasted so MANY hours last night (which is a recurring theme I have had with Kemper - wasting time dealing with breakage they constantly repeat) attempting to connect Rig Manager 3.4.45 to the latest OS10 Beta on Windows 10 Professional. A no go. Had curiosity over liquid profiling and sure enough experienced an entire evening of wanting to throw this piece of sh**t out the window. This is not the first time nor will it be the last time USB connectivity gets derailed with Rig Manager and future hack job firmware updates to Kemper Hardware. Official OS 9 release on the Stage functions on multiple computers in my studio (Win10 Pro - fully updated and patched current), with the exact same ports, same exact cables - while the OS 10 firmware update to the stage IMMEDIATELY zeros connectivity in Windows Device Manager. The kemper stage under OS10 is literally not detected by the Windows Operating System itself and a manual firmware downgrade back to OS9 IMMEDIATELY restores that USB detection. WHAT THE HELL.

I have done everything possible to eradicate any potential conflicts - every nonsense work around and tech troubleshooting technique. As an IT Sys Admin, I even took things further to registry edits and BIOS firmware Updates to my god dam motherboards. ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sick of these problems and I know I'm not the only one. What makes me irate about this, is that these errors are literally par for the course for Kemper. Just look at the forum over time, and you will see YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS of these same exact repeating complaints with EVERY SINGLE firmware release impacting sporadic Rig Manager connectivity issues for users. Then the same armada of blame game fan boys pointing to hub ports and cables, and blah blah blah. Its the Kemper itself and their inability to provide rock solid USB drivers to the masses, ignoring industry proven comm instructions code, or even providing official Asio! You guys are supposed to be OG's in this industry so WTF, and the version right before this has stable USB connectivity that required NO UPDATING. This is USB 2.0 dinosaur tech for god sakes. No other supposedly professional piece of gear do I have in my studio is so volatile from rev to rev. NONE. OP, you are not alone, and you are not crazy, the pain is real. Experiencing this nonsense at Kemper's price points is inexcusable in 2023.

:)Thank you all very much!!!!!!!!