Posts by Andy_T-V

where is the folder on macos that hold the rig manager data?

can i simply copy this to the new rig manager folder?

Try Here: User(your computer name - little house logo)/Documents/Kemper Amps/RigManager/Autobackup .... If there is anything there (!) Restore Rig Manager Contents (Tools Menu) the latest (datewise) into your new Rig Manager. I don't know if the formatting has changed with the recent updates of RM. Assuming you made backup before you started your reinstallation - the new os installation may have wiped everything ... good luck!

does clicking load profile count as tweaking ?

basically I almost never touch anything except removing most effects and replacing bog delays and reverbs with something more subtle. Even then I tend to have a basic reverb that I’m happy with just locked in the Rev slot so I don’t even tweak that much.

:thumbup: I'd bet that our kempers are very similar (apart from the obvs. visuals)!

Here's a plan (which I use):

Use performances to organise your profiles

I use the low numbers for 'actual performances' - the ones I gig/record with

and the upper ones as a 'library'

e.g.

performance 20 - 5 profiles of Fender amps

performance 21 - 5 profiles of Marshall amps

... and so on

so, I HAVE to choose only 5 profiles. usually in Clean/Edge/Crunch/Lead/Misc format.

From time to time I have a review and some are replaced by the latest/greatest.

It also means that I have a wide selection of amps 'upstairs in the Kemper' if I get caught out and am asked for something specific. I can just copy them down into my 'play area'

I don't spend a lot of time in RM - maybe when there's an easy way of marking stuff 'tried that didn't like it' or just not seeing it again!

I’m intending this as useful feedback in case this is still being refined, is all - if it’s only me that doesn’t get on with it, then no worries.

It's not only you :).

I think something similar to Logic X, where holding ctrl while making adjustments gives a finer resolution, would do do the trick. Perhaps a soft button?

I have 2 macs (MacBook Air & Mac Mini) which are mid 2011 and running High Sierra 10.13.6. They have both been running the latest version of Rig Manager. RM is still 'work in progress' with the occasional hitch but hey, 'computers'!

I've had good results with one of Thomann's Box MA8/2 CL as a front fill and also on its own on jazz gigs (with drums). The only flakey part of it was (!) the handle but I replaced that with a leather one from an old Peavey amp.

No! On the right, that's parallel - 2 Ohms (doomsday!)

1) Bring the red feeder in to the +'ve on one of the RH spkrs (Top)

2) Use 1 wire (any colour) from -'ve on RH spkr top) to +'ve ofRH (lower) spkr

3) Connect -'ve of RH (lower) spkr to black feeder

That's one side of your stereo.

Copy it for the other side

I'm not familiar with the switch set up so you'll need help elsewhere with that. There is a reason for the warning on the jack plate.

The Kone instructions you appear to have used (for a 4X12) are not for stereo - they are for a series/parallel mono cab. See if you can find a schematic for a marshall mono/stereo cab and pay close attention to the impedances that result from their switching.

Edit: You could wire up each side (ie top right + bottom right also top left and bottom left given you 2 +/- pairs) as in the Kemper 2x12 diagram and then use the outside sockets on the cabinet plate - Ignore the centre socket and switch. If you are hauling a Stereo 4x12 around then who would you need mono?

Be aware:

2 Kones in series = 8 Ohms

2 Kones in parallel = 2 Ohms ... DO NOT DO THIS!

HTH

So sorry it this has been answered but I have read through and don't find an answer. I'm considering buying a Kemper Power Head and Kabinet. The head puts out 600w and the Kabinet is rated at 200w. I'd never hook up a 600w amp to a 200w cabinet and crank it. Not that I need 600w. But any concerns on such high power rating difference?

You'll be fine. If you are sensible enough to ask the question then you'll be sensible about how far you push your speaker. The first speaker I used with my powerhead was a 25 watt Greenback which I managed to push close but not into damage territory! There is also a power meter in the output section of the Kemper so you can have a look at levels. If you are thinking of playing at anywhere near 200W then I'd suggest a long lead!

Enjoy

Here's a noodle from a soundtrack for a cooking video:

62 Deluxe 5 from that well known Nashville profiler, pushed with a Rochester Comp (HXFX) and an Anderson Tele 8)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.