Posts by norburybrook

I recently did some profiling of my amp collection and I can honestly say when I A-B'd the Kemper profile from the original amps I could not reliably tell the difference. I recorded a section from both and on playback there's no discernible difference if the levels are matched.

I have a good studio with $10,000 monitors so I can trust what I'm hearing. I'm yet to try profiling without a speaker but I will in time. I'm not sure how useful that would be to me in the studio.

Anyway, just adding to the view that you ears should be the final judge.

Marcus

Hello all,

After the initial problems with my new broken Kemper, I'm glad to say I'm up and running now.

So, the other day I set about profiling some of my amp collection.

Now to my question;

My two Dumble clones have; clean channel plus a boost and then an OD channel plus boost. Obviously the clean /OD levels can be adjusted how eve you like them, and the boost is a sort of tone stack lift that gives a health level boost to either channel.

I've put all the 4 possible combinations onto a performance but noticed that all the levels are more or less the same, so when switching from clean to clean+ boost there's no level change like on the original amp, same with the OD to OD+Boost.

I've got round this by adjusting the Kemper volumes and then storing them, is this the best way to do this? Does profiling always even out volume changes?

Cheers

Marcus

Welcome. - Enjoy the kemper!.
    I'll check your website too, im always interested in local guitar builders.

I'll just add to this that Jonathan's work is first class. He's done a lot of work for me recently including;

Full re-fret with 6100 on my jap 57 fender re issue form 1982, including compensating nut
    Fret dress on my '59 Memphis reissue 335
    Added a jazz bass pickup to my custom '50's dusty Hill P- Bass

All the work is first class and Johnathan is a great guy to deal with, I highly recommend feline guitars.

MC

Left to right ;
    Dumble 50w ODS #102 with matching 2x12 G12-65 cab; clone of Robben Fords rig
    Trainwreck Rocket clone
    60's spec Marshall JTM45 with KT66's with 4x10 Celestin cab
    100w Dumble Bluesmaster , late 80's clone with HRM and custom wound transformers with matching Larry Carlton EVM-12 ported cab.

Admin ,please feel free to change the thread title to solved :D

Sorry...but when he did not receive a automatically response...than its a user error and not Kemper support error.

Do you know what? It wasn't , there must have been some issue at Kemper end because I suddenly, about an hour ago, got 3 auto responses then help from all my emails . All my regular mail has been coming in as per normal so no problems my end.

Boy you're a tough crowd here.

Remember this is my first experience of the product and the forum.....

MC

I've now had 3 replies all of a sudden form Kemper so that's good.

Anyway in case anyone else sees this error , unfortunately the unit needs to be replaced it's not a user fix. :(

So let's see how this goes when I get back to the UK tomorrow.

Theoretically it should have been possible to have Kemper send me a new one direct ,but they have said I have to contact the dealer to sort this out, which is going to be a PIA due to my time frame on tour.

Anyway thank you to those that were kind enough to offer constructive help on the matter.

I'll leave you with a little picture of some of my amps I'm going to profile.... eventually... :D

MC

Well I have copies here in my sent mail. And mail has been coming and going fine. Also remember I came here after the dealer was unable to get in touch on Thursday or Friday.

Here's my correspondence leading up to me coming here ..

Thursday;
    Good Afternoon Marcus,

I'm still waiting for a reply from Kemper on this. It may be that I will have to get back to you in the morning about this issue. They are only based in Germany so there reply should be imminent. As soon as they come back to me I will let you know immediately.

Kind Regards

David Turnbull - Web Support

And Here's Friday;

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your kind words.

We certainly want to get this sorted for you as this is a great product so we want to get you up and running. Still no reply from Kemper but i will keep on that them.

Kind Regards

David Turnbull - Web Support

I then came here hoping someone might have a simple solution . Sent 2 emails immediately then another today and nothing....

MC

@Michael_dk: I see your point and of course you're right. But at that moment that was the most constructvie I could come up with. Here's a user complaining about the dreadful (!) customer support and at the same time he doesn't seem to be able to send an email to [email protected] ... What constructive suggestion could you possibly come up with? In the course of this thread he has received any help you could possibly hope to get.

Have you not read anything I've written in this thread., at what point did the words ....'I've sent two emails already' not register?????

I've now sent 3 and this is after I came here because Dave couldn't get a response form Kemper on Thursday or Friday.

I'm finding it hard that I'm getting flak here for this...... what more could I have done?

Still no one form Kemper has replied to what this issue is and if it can be fixed by me in 5-10 minutes with a screw diver or some kind of software manipulation.

MC

I sent the first email to support on Friday 4 th at 22:57 after coming to the forum for help ,I have it here in my sent email , I sent another direct from the contact website about 5 minutes before. I've just sent another one now.

The dealer support guy was Dave Turnbull form Guitar Guitar who tried contacted you on Thursday 3rd and again on Friday 4th during office hours but got no reply.

MC

Are all professional musicians incapable of sending emails?
    @norburybrook: maybe you should let your manager deal with your KPA issue.

whoooo. Dude......that's a bit uncalled for...... as I said I've sent two emails one via the support page and one direct to the customer support.

My manager is here in Spain with me by the way so I don't see how that would help!

To the Kemper guys who answered above, I have no auto replies....

I'll send another Email now.

Also can you tell me if this is an issue that can be sorted out without the unit being returned?

MC

Well thanks for all the replies. I'm still no better off. I've emailed , come here and still no joy....I've heard nothing.......now.....

Spain is warmer than England is the only constructive thing I can say at the moment

Nicky, I've just done that and after it re booted I get the 'hardware fault detected, time and date' message again.

I'd love to phone them but as I've said already they don't work Fridays through Monday.

So if you have a problem after 4 O'clock Uk time on a Thursday you have no support until Monday.

I don't know of another company that has a support hole that long.

I appreciate the Uk dealer maybe telling me one thing and doing another but he was very diligent and has kept contacting me.

I presumed as a dealer he would be able to get things done quicker than myself as he's selling their products on a large scale so should have a good ,mutual two way relationship.

I appreciate the help here though so thanks.

MC

Well as I said earlier the dealer couldn't get a reply form Kemper on Thursday and as Kemper don't do any support on Friday or Saturday I'm stuffed, so , I agree my choice of worlds is strong but I'm as you can see it's going to be a week before this gets sorted between the dealer and Kemper so that's not good for me. My original post was in answer to a UK main dealer not being able to get in contact with Kemper to sort this out, so I came here hopefully looking for a simple answer to what I think could be as simple as the CMOS battery being loose. However I didn't want to take it apart if that would void my warranty.

Hopefully you can see my frustration.

MC

Thanks so are you saying it wasn't something that could have been sorted out remotely and it needed a replacement?

I was hoping to avoid that :D

EDIT.... I've just looked for the phone number and can see now there is NO SUPPORT after Thursdays........ that would explain why....

They'd be better off working Friday and Saturday when people might actually need some help as they'd the most popular gig nights and closing Monday Tuesday.

So including Thursday when they didn't answer the phone I'm now going to have to wait until Monday before they can even try and sort this out. If I need a new unit then it's going to be at least a week if they won't send direct to me and have to sent it to the dealer first then on to me :(......

I'm starting a 5 week tour next week so I'm F***ed now as I won't be able to get things set up as I'm going to loose a week with this.

MC

To be fair, the company I bought it form have been great, they replied instantly when I contacted them and said they'd get straight on the phone to Kemper. They've email me 4 times since Thursday Lunchtime to tell me Kemper haven't got back to them.

Unless they're lying I don't see how the thread title is unfair from where I'm standing :D

Thanks for the welcome's guys if nothing else it's brought me to the community so I'm sure it will be a good thing in the long run :D

MC

Thanks, guys.

I'll try your suggestions of leaving it plugged in and or re-setting.

The dealer, a very large UK chain, said they would sort it out for me quickly hence I didn't open a support ticket. I'm flying to Spain in the morning for a gig so won't be able to look at anything until Monday.

Should I open a ticket anyway?

What I meant by being a TC, Line 6 endorsed artist was, quite simply, I'm an endorsee of their products so I normally don't have to go through the usual channels if there's a problem as I will have a direct connection with an Artist relations manager so things generally are quick and get sorted directly. It's one of the percs of being a pro player with famous artists :D.

Thanks again guys, looks like the forum is a cool place so that's good to know :D

MC

Hello all,

I received a brand new Kemper on thursday morning. Switched it on and got the time date hardware error, please contact support. I updated to the latest firmware but still the same.

Came here and saw one other user had the same issue and had to return the unit.

I rang the dealer and he said they were out but he'd contact Kemper direct and was sure we could sort it out quickly.

He's made constant attempts to get in touch with KEMPER and now after 2 days.....NOTHING......

I'm an endorsed pro user (Line 6, TC electronic) so this isn't a great start for me as my first introduction to the company.

Any one got any help as to how to solve this issue ?

MC