Posts by sebikummer

Yes!

While the AMP volume compensation for low gain settings is still in place, it is defeated for the volume knobs in effects placed before the AMP.

This allows for a familiar volume and boost/attenuation setting for distortion pedals.

Tell me what you think!

Fantastic! Seems like a little step but in fact is a giant leap for me - so much more options coming from distortion effects before the amp.
    Thanks a lot for implementing!

The volume compensation of the amp also compensates the distortion pedal, when the distortion volume is set to lower levels.

It has always been like that, I can see that this is disturbing.

I can think of ways to avoid the amps volume compensation, when driven by a pedal, while it can stay when not driven by a pedal.

Maybe we can change that for the next update, without causing volume differences on already existing rigs.

that would be GREAT !!!!

Hi everyone,

I would really enjoy being able to use Looper/Tuner/Tap Button to switch slots (including the white LED showing on/off-status!)- Then we would have 7 options to switch on/off almost every slot.

Vision:

• have 7 buttons for on/off switching slots like stompbox mode; including white LED for showing status (=A to D and Tuner/Looper/Tap).
    • Make Performance up/down reassignable to Tuner and Tap
    • Instead I would assign Performance up-down function to external pedal jacks.

If I do not switch performances during songs, I could go completely without external switch (e.g. for rehearsals etc.).

For shows, I would simple attach an up/down external switch (does not need to show status!).

This would be much better than assigning stomp slots to external switches, as these do not indicate status!

Who would support this idea?

Best,

Sebastian

• You probably use Direct Profiles in your live set, such as acoustic guitar sounds or bass rigs. Direct Profiles are marked by having the Cabinet Module set to „empty“, thus featuring a full range sound. Running a full range sound through a classic guitar speaker is unpleasant. Therefore, in speaker imprint mode (MonitorCabOff active), when switching to a Direct Profile, Kemper Kone will automatically switch to full range mode for that rig. No preparation needed

Hi!

may it be an idea to extend the automatic switch to full range mode also to rigs tagged with instrument=acoustic, even if there is something in the cabinet module?

Purpose: I often use acoustic profiles containing an IR of an acoustic guitar in the cabinet section - to be precise an direct acoustic guitar amp profile in the amp module, but „polished“ with an acoustic IR like this in the cabinet module https://www.3sigmaaudio.com/acoustic-impulses/

Therefore it would be extremely nice to simply mark this Rig as „acoustic“ and have it switched to full range although there is something loaded in the cabinet module .

Any reason not to do so that I overlook?

really looking forward to the new cabinet!

Sebastian

Hi everyone,

I also use MBritt exclusively.

For me, the major advantage of his strategy to use only one cab/speaker for the majority of profiles is:

As most of us use (at least) a few/several if not many profiles throughout a gig/song/rehearsal/whatever, it is important to have an overall tonal balance throughout different sounds.

In this regard, profiling through only one speaker/cab model is a major advantage, and of course having it profiled by only one person (with very good equipment, and quite constant tonal preferences), as this one cab/profiling strategy in a way "imprints" a very consistent sound signature on top of the amp, even if switching between quite different amps.

That being said, I still clearly recognize the amp type very clearly, regarding its gain structure, ability to clean up if picked light, "old-school" or modern sound, etc. - I would still say I could blindly identify marshalleque, fenderesque, modern etc. amps out of these profiles, although being profiled using the same cab.

For me, every attempt to "mix in" a profile from anybody else feels a bit like switching to a different guitar player (even if the other profile sounds killer in its own regard, just by being completely different regarding its overall sound "signature").

Therefore, I completely adore Michaels approach, and enjoy having very versatile and distinct amp models available, but still not loosing an overall sound signature that glues everything together.

Best,

Sebastian

Hi everyone,

shouldn't it be possible to use to Profiler to do the same like this device "Tone dexter"?

https://audiosprockets.com;

https://www.thomann.de/gb/audi…CJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ImVuIn0%3D

So putting an acoustic guitar pickup signal into the Kemper input, engaging the Profiler Mode, and having a good microphone taking the "acoustic" sound of the guitar into the alternative input.

Listening to the differences between pickup sound and microphone sound should lead to a "profile" that makes a "like microphoned" sound out of the pickup sound.

What do you think? For me it would be a game changer, using the kemper for this :love:!

Let's find out if this would be of interest for others as well.

Best,

Sebastian

Hi!
    Sounds like the Blueamp Camper CX (or Beast 112 - but not coax) might be good alternatives to the Mission IO - although the significant weight is quite a drawback in comparison. However, the blueamps seem difficult to get hands on for testing as they are made-to-order, right?
    Best
    Sebastian

Hi digbob,
    thanks for sharing! May I ask for a few more details? I would really appreciate, as you obviously did quite the move I am thinking about.
    1) which Blueamp did you try? The camper 112, Beast 112 or the camper CX?
    2) can you try to describe a bit between DXR10, Blueamp and Mission IO soundwise?
    3) Is the Mission IO really coax? As I read today that it is 1x12+ "1'compression driver"...
    Thanks!

Sebastian

Dear all,

recently I tried the Mission Engineering GM-lo active FRFR cab and was quite pleased in comparison to my RCF310A monitor which I use quite a while already:
    GM-lo: tighter low end, very articulate midrange and nice top end; still very even projection (slightly slanted speaker, albeit not completely "monitor like"). What I really enjoyed was the coax design - highs and lows come spot on from the exact same position, which I really digged compared to the RCF. Felt much more "amp like" than the RCF monitor (and by the way looks like...)
    RCF310A: kind of boomy and not precise enough in the midrange for my taste.

Now I researched a bit which coax-FRFR are available in Germany - and there seem to be a bunch of them. So this is my question:
    Any advice/experience about the Mission GM lo in comparison to Camper CX (active or passive?), Matrix Q12 (active or passive), Matrix FR12 (active)? I have a powered Kemper, so passive might be possible as well. All more or less similar sound-wise? Really difficult to get hands on them especially in comparison....

Any helpful tips?

Best,

Sebastian