Posts by eljodon

You need to have it post distortion or after the amp to get it to sound clean.I believe EVH used the Eventide H949 Harmonizer after a dummy load live. In the studio it was added to the mix. In front of the amp would sound messy. The Top Jimi EVH profiles are good, but I ended up using cabs from my own Plexi's profiles because I felt they sounded a bit dark for my taste.

I've tried it many times with the Kemper and it's not even close. I think the issue is that you can't control the stereo pitch cents(sorry for the wrong term) per channel and also the delay. Trust me, I own a the real one and I also use the H9 for live.

EVH used an Eventide Harmonizer with the -9/+9 semitones left an right with probably 10 msec delay and 12 msec (if I remember correctly. Unfortunately the Kemper's Profiler doesn't have a harmonizer that you can control the important parameters to achieve the desired effect. I use an H9 on the fx loops to achieve that. A good option is to use the delay from the Kemper and set it at 10 to 15 sec and play around with the modulation until you get the desired effect. Also play with the mix settings(25% to 50%) I hope Kemper will include a better harmonizer that's inspired from the old and new Eventide Harmonizers

These are new upgraded profiles that I made of 2 very unique amps. The 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi is a 68' Metropoulos 12000 series which Dave Friedman modified to the limited 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi which had 6CA7 output tubes that was available for a short period of time. The 68/69 Scumback Plexi was build by Carl Esparza and Jim Seavall from Scumback speakers and there are only 2 in existence. Both amps have no master volume so I used a Fryette Power Station Attenuator set at a neutral settings to get the most neutral tone possible. Both amps have Amperex "Bugle Boy" NOS 12ax7 preamp tubes on V1 and V2.
    The letter "j" on the labeling means both channels jumped. The Metro/Friedman has an internal "Variac" so the profiles that has the "90v" means that profiles done at 90 volts. There's one profiles set at 75 volts with an external Variac which sounds interesting. I use these profiles a lot when I play live, but they might sound different with other pickups or speakers.You can find the profiles under George Alayon. I hope they'll work for all of you!

These profiles are from my 68' Fender Vibrolux modified by Alessandro. I purchased the amp and sent it to him to modify it to a point to point wiring and he also changed the OT and replaced it to a better one. There are 2 type of profiles the ones that are labeled "Rev" I used a 4 x 12 Marshall 1960B cabinet with Scumback speakers and the ones labeled"RevA" are with the stock 10" Celestion speakers. CST is the Custom channel and "VNT" is the Vintage channel, the numbers at the end are the volume levels. There's also one profile using the Fulltone OCD. I used A Fender Strat with Lindy Fralin "Real 54" pickups.You'll find the profiles under "George Alayon" I hope these profiles will work for you.

Your previous batches of profiles (Plexis...) were killer @eljodon, I rank them among best ones at the history of Rig Exchange - I bet the new ones will leep up. Will try them for sure.

Thanks! But it all depends if you like the actual amp that I profiled. I just purchased both EVH 5150 iii S and the Suhr PT100SE so I'm still finding out which are the best settings for them so hopefully I can get better results.

Didn't care for the Suhr, but there were some really great EVH profiles. I saved "EVH5153SCh2 3FX - 2017-11-07 18-51-17" & "EVH5153SCh3 4Q". I set all the EQ settings back to 0 and turned off all the stomps if they were present and these really shined. I also love the "Metro-Friedman Plexi" profile you shared earlier. Really great work and very appreciative of you sharing. Freebie gems like these don't come around very often.

Thanks, I'm glad you found some that will work for you. The numbers after Ch 2 or Ch 3 is the gain. All of them have basically the same tone settings on the amps. The master was set at 4 so the amp was quite loud! The profiles with the letter "Q" I used my SSL eq to cut -1 dB at 3k and 3speakers you use00 Hz at a narrow q. The Metro Friedman Plexi is a very special amp with 6CA7 power tubes an Bugle Boy 12ax7 NOS tubes on V1 and V2 with everything on 10. Another one you might like is the Scumback Plexi. I have newer and better ones that a made for both of my Plexi's but I haven't had the chance to post them. It seems like the Kemper could not handle gains above 6 because the profiles got muddier compared to the original. I think that a big factor of anyone liking the profiles depends on the pickups on your guitar and FRFR speakers you use. The profiles that I use the most are the Plexi ones because they're a good platform for using stomps. I used at least 3 mics per Profile and sometimes 4 blending Scumback BH75, M75 and V30 speakers using 2 to 3 SM 57 and a Royer 121 mics with Chandler Limited TG-2 preamps, SSL eq and SSL mixer to blend the mics.

I just purchased the EVH 5150iii Stealth 100w amp head so I made a bunch of profiles. I still need to experiment with the amp so hopefully these ones will be useful for anyone. I also purchased the Suhr PT100SE so I also made some profiles. The ones that have "fx" at the end, are the ones that are set up in a base way that I usually use them. The profiles are under "George Alayon" I hope you guys like them.

How about an expression pedal with 2 outputs? Can you setup your H9 or Timeline effects so they give you exactly the range you want with a full expression pedal travel? Might be the easiest way instead of using MIDI and all its hassles?

My be worth looking into. Thanks!

I'd be tempted to run a dedicated expression pedal on your Strymon if you want to be able to ride parameters in real time, which can be really cool. If you're just moving between sounds then morphing and performances should handle most things.

One thing to note is that morphing doesn't turn effects on/off, so you have to start with it on but mixed to zero to achieve that.

Yeah, that's what I did at my last gig. This is the pedalboard that I was using with my Kemper and my 4 amp setup before having back issues.

Try Morph and then let's continue ;)

And to think that I hesitated! It works as expected! Thanks. Now the other issue is controlling my H9 or Strymon Timeline. I use the H9 as a doubler because it's much better than the Kemper's(in my opinion) I use several levels of doubling from mild to more prominent(from 15% to 50%) depending on the song. The Strymon Timeline has more options as far as delay. The Kemper reverb is not too bad so I use that part of the Kemper effects because I can only control the PC# on only 2 MIDI effects so I can't use my 2nd H9. But many of my delay effects I can use the Kemper's. I haven't found a digital delay that works like an Echoplex which you can manipulate the repeats and delay time to get the Hyperspace effects or the Jimmy Page effect on "Whole Lot of Love" I was able to do it with the Axe Fx 2 because you can select a delay to control how fast or slow you want the parameter go from 0 to 100%. I'll try to see if I can replicate it with Morph with the Rise and Fall time parameters Thanks again.

Why not just use Morphing or performance mode? How many settings do you realistically need?

I use performance mode, but with my band I need control over many different parameters because we strive to sounds like the songs from a band we're covering. Have you try to do the exact echoplex effect in the middle part from Days and Confused? Or the hyperspace pedal used in many Boston songs? With my old system I was able to do that, but due to back issues I had to change my system and although the Kemper Profiler sounds better than my old Axe Fx 2, it doesn't have the flexibility to control many parameters simultaneously.
    I've never used Morphing but I read what it does so it doesn't look like is what I'm after. Perhaps with my explanation you'll have an idea. There are many threads that talk about the inability of the Kemper Remote to control CC# with the 4 Expression pedals that it's able to have plugged into the unit.Thanks!

What do you mean by controlling parameters? Like bend down on stage to change the delay amount?

Can you give an example of what you're trying to do but can't with the KPA?

I can definitely control the parameters on the KPA.

Controlling CC# for the parameters of the delay, reverb, etc. For example controlling the delay mix or volume, delay feedback, delay time, reverb volume or mix, etc. Also controlling MIDI devices plugged into the Kemper. It only allows you to change PC# on the 2 MIDI outs.

I use an FCB1010 to morph the parameters of any effect on the KPA. Is this what you’re talking about?

I also have the FCB1010 and I also have the RJM Mastermind PBC(which unfortunately only has 1 expression pedal) I bought the Kemper Remote because I wanted to have just 1 cable to running into the unit like I used to use with the Fractal MFC100. I'm trying to slim down my system so I can use just the Kemper Profiler. Right now I'm using one of my Eventide H9 and a Strymon Timeline either through the stereo fx loop or using a mixer to blend the fxs with the Kemper and I have to use 2 extra expression pedals, one for the H9 and another for the Timeline.
    I was able to control many parameters with the RJM Mastermind PBC but the pedalboard is to big and the FCB1010 doesn't display the name of the patches. I have back issues so I'm trying to get rid of as much weight as possible.