Posts by ilearn

I've been trying to replicate the delay and reverb sound of Andy Timmons.
    He's using Strymon for live gig.
    I tried 5.0 dual delay, but I couldn't get his sound.

Can any experienced Kemper user guide me how to get his delay and reverb tone with Kemper?

Around 9:50 he's talking about this delay sound.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This new effects are amazing!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You're amazing, too!!

Any chance you can share the delay setting?

I don't quite understand the difference between the "Parallel Path" and "Mix".
    Stomp A,B and C,D are only assignable to parallel path, but the mix parameters are in stomps and effects, too.
    Isn't it better to use "mix" parameter than to use "parallel path"?

I just want to share my finding here today.

I just finished the motification of GCB-95 wah pedal, which is now working as an expression pedal for Kemper.
    Basically I took out the main PCB and foot switch and added stereo jack.

My opinion is it's okay to use for wah and pitch effects, but not for morphing. Funny you need to gut out many things to make the wah effect works. :D
    I wish I can find 10kb B curve pot for my gutted GCB-95.

pedal for wah effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTT9gwY4T88

pedal for pitch effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8VInzPi_0

pedal for morphing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EonAZ4EZc

I didn't even tried to use the pedal for volume effects as GCB-95 travels too fast and short X(

Interesting , no plate needed for bolt-on neck?

Thanks for the kind words.

The guitar body didn't have the contoured heel for easier high fret access, so I had to carve the edge of the neck joint and used neck mounting ferrules. Again I borrowed this idea from Charvel Guthrie Govan Sig. guitar.
    Yes, spoke wheel adjustment is very convenient.

I just finished my partscaster.

Roasted alder body and roasted maple neck from Musikraft.

Stole some of modification ideas from Charvel guitar.

It is my first attempt of tobacco burst finish without using spray gun.
    Well.. I don't have the spray gun. haha.
    I used Stew Mac water stains and wipe on poly for the body finish.
    Tru-oil for the neck.Tru-oil does the best job.
    It took only 4 days for all the finish job. The finish is very thin and there are few imperfections here and there.
    I'll call them "aged finish" :)

The sound is..
    Well, it's the Strat with bridge humbucker.
    The most versatile guitar you can ask for.

I think this should be all the way to the right. All the way left means you hear the dry guitar signal, so no pitch shifted sound.

yes, that's what I thought.
    when I turn on the Pure Tuning it changes something. But still I can't hear much what the Pure Tuning can do. :S

I tried to understand what's going on with "Pure Tuning", but I can't understand what the Kemper reference manual says.

Here is what the manual says. (p. 113~114)

To make “Pure Tuning” audible, try the following:
     Choose your favorite distorted Rig.  Turn down “Gain” to clean.  Select Chromatic Pitch in one of the Stomp Modules.

 Turn “Mix” all the way to the left, and “Voice Balance” to the middle, so you hear both pitch shifter voices.  Choose “+16” and “+19” for “Voice 1 / 2 Interval” to get the third and fifth above the octave.

Sounds crazy, right? There was never a need for such thin sound.
    Now turn the “Gain” up for distortion. You will hear a deep growl, swinging around the original base note that you are playing on your instrument. Not too nice.

Now press “Pure Tuning”, and you will get a nice, steady fundamental note. Even chords might work. It still sounds like your guitar, but different. It doesn’t even sound like a pitch shifter anymore. You can get different colors by choosing different intervals for a solo sound, for example. Be sure to experiment with different interval settings! What has happened? You might be aware that the third and fifth above the octave are natural harmonics (overtones) to the note you play. They both blend with the fundamental frequency, especially when driven by a distortion. However, intervals tuned to a tempered scale do not reflect the overtones exactly, as they are slightly detuned to fit into the musical scales. This results in heavy beating when mixed in the distortion. “Pure Tuning” solves this issue immediately, allowing the pitch shifter to create sonic colors rather than additional voices.

I followed the instruction, but didn't feel a thing about the Pure Tuning.
    Can anyone help me, please?