Posts by Ibot39

There are so many great profiles in the pack, so no big deal for me. Just saying, there are some profiles, that are really hard to keep apart or are the same?!
    Same Channel, same speaker and mics, same gain range, same Definition (here 6,7) and sounding the same. Maybe different (Petrucci) amp settings (but with the same Definition as result?)?

For example:

The "problem" is not only in the JVM pack. For example if I copy all rigs from the Mr. 5:25 to Rig Manager and sort to Cabinet Name, there are some profiles within the same gain range, that sound quite similar. In Rig Manager it shows the same information for all of them (same channel, cab, mics...). BUT if I look at the Definition settings on Kemper: Here is a difference! So they are not the same, but sound very, very close! (EDIT: Sometimes also Definition is the same!)

The problem is to keep the rigs apart, if they are repetitive named only 01,02,03...05 - and to that similiar sounding rigs do not have separating tags. Just try and sort the Mr. 5:25 profiles to Cabinet Name and then look at the later profiles where mic positions dos not differ any more between 01, 02, ...to 05.

Totally different approach here, because I use the Kemper only in studio environment and for fun at home. I have more than 30000 commercial profiles + many free profiles stored in Rigmanager.
    @ashtweth has at least a good reason with his musical project for all the madness - some of us "profile whores" not even have that to justify :) I am a big fan of Choptones (at the moment 8045 profiles) and I love to try out new stuff.

BUT: My (changing) best-of-all folder in RM is not more than 10 - 15 profiles! On the Kemper itself not more than up to 20 rigs.

And there are 2 profiles (from Choptones Bogie IIC+ pack) I use all the time for recording heavy stuff. These two are essential for me!

...and Guidos merged Engl Powerball profiles are used very often lately...

He Mick, your new avatar is soooo CUTE that my wife has promised to throw out some money to buy the upcoming profile packs for me...
    <3<3:love:<3<3
    ...o.k. - I was only dreaming :)

I have checked the mail from yesterday again. But there is no attachment or something and the statement is very clear too: He apologizes and explains "...I only update for endorsers".

So you are the lucky one :thumbup:

I also think that quality of profiles improved, so I definitely should try the BE100.

Yes of course, I try to send updates with each amp added....Sometimes I lapse a short while but I keep everyone in the loop! A Full pack is always something I'll update.

Mattfig answered to a mail and told me the opposite: The full pack will not be updated - only for endorsers. So I am a little suprised about the statement above and I don't know what changed his decision.

But it is o.k. for me, cause I got the full pack in a great deal. And overall prices are fair. Just wondering...

Lieber mysteriöser Fragesteller: Bist du falsch hier? Wer weiß? Bist du echt? Who knows?

Du willst uns doch "amtlich" veräppeln, oder?

Vielleicht bin ich auch nur dem verschwurbelten Schreibstil intellektuell nicht gewachsen oder habe zu hohe Erwartungen an Menschen, die von sich behaupten so "Richtung prog unterwegs" zu sein und sich erst nach dem Kauf eines Kempers mit seiner Konzeption beschäftigen?

Wenn du nach 6 (!) Wochen das Grundprinzip nicht verstanden hast oder es dir nicht liegt: Dann geh doch in den besagten Musikladen und kauf dir den 2-minutes-instant-ready-"mesa boogie amp"?! Würde dann doch Sinn machen?

Übrigens ALLE Punkte, die du negativ bewertest machen mir so richtig Spaß. Profile suchen und kaufen, "Herstellerseiten durchforsten", in die Amp-Historie eintauchen, das manual mal genau lesen ;) , unbekannte Amps entdecken, mit verschiedenen Setups experimentieren, die Profile unterschiedlicher "User" und Seller vergleichen, usw.

Ansonsten haben die Kollegen hier im Forum schon sehr viel Nützliches und Wahres gesagt. Und ja, selbst "profilen" macht auch richtig Laune - mir zumindest...

Prog on mysterious dude, aber bitte nur "highgain" und "ultraclean", weil alles dazwischen ist echt zu reaktionär :D

No Risk with Ivan's work ;)

Ash

I have always known this! Some time back I contacted Ivan and had to convince him that I really wanted to buy everything, "the full blast" - and was not disappointed. But then CiliLab just killed everything with the Dual Rectifier Pack... Mr. Dual El 34 is a legendary pack!!

So I just ordered the next glorious pack... I will try out as soon as he sends it to me... until then I will play the Mr. Dual Pack nonstop from first to last profile....damned, my wife calls: I should help in the kitchen NOW, what?! Never, I am just playing killer riffs with Cili profile... sorry I am out for a while

Thank you for the kind feedback!

Yes, I like that Marshall Major profiles a lot too. I think I will re-profile some of the settings, hopefully make the profiles even better. This time not in standalone version of Amplitube 4, but in DAW, maybe using real pedals and trying out different stuff I have in mind :)

I have to admit, all the new Marshalls in Amplitube 4 sound convincing, especially that Marshall Silver Jubilee is really nice. I am very enthusiastic about the brandnew Fender 2 Collection as well. Very usable tone - I bet even pro studios can and will work with that. Technology is advancing so fast - we live in guitarist heaven, don't we? If I found the time, I will try to capture some good vibes here too.

But I will move to another village in a few weeks - so a bit chaos and so little time here...

Hi guys,

I have often read, that profiling of modeling software like Amplitube 4, ReValver, Studio Devil and others doesn't work or results are not satisfying at all.

I still think there are some sounds, for example in Amplitube 4, that are really good and fun to play. Also the possibility to swap cabs, speakers and mics easy in a visual editor was always fun for me.
    So I decided to find out for myself, if it is possible to get high quality profiles out of some VST plugins and made some test profiles.

The most crucial point was the balancing of different volume levels. And I have my "mystic secret refining process", of course :D
    Suddenly the results were great!

Amps included in this "Test-Pack" (that came out better, than I ever thought):
    Marshall Major, Peavey Classic 30, Mesa Triple Rectifier, Studio Devil BVC, some Fender Amps.

One clean profile I want to highlight is called "Rollin' Clean" - sounds good in Amplitube 4 and even better in the Kemper :whistling:

Here are 30 studio pofiles to have some fun for free:
    Amporium - Plugin Amps Test Profiles

What do you think?

Thanks man, will try them out!

Most of the time I am playing your Koch Multitone profiles - not because this is the best amp around, but because in this case the profiles are so damned close to the original, it is hard to believe! Next day I have to try again to have the proof, and again and again... :D

(And of course I like the sound of Mezzabarba :thumbup: )

I have to share this with you guys, I just have to (my wife isn't listening any more; she said there is REALLY NO use for her of such information :) )

Since I own the Kemper and fought myself throught the huge amount of free profiles from Rig Exchange - I ALWAYS come back to this great profiles and finally saved them to my "best of all" folder today:

Ampete One Amp from a guy named roha.
    There are 4 profiles called ONE CL, ONE LO++, ONE HI and ONE HI++

I like them sooooo much, really :D Am I the only one out there?

Find out more of the real amp here: http://ampete.com/products/amplifiers/ampete-one/
    And search for these very usable, lovely, magnificent profiles in RE using keywords roha or ampete.

I know taste is different, but am I wrong saying these are killer profiles from a killer amp?

Whoever @roha is, thanks to you :thumbup:

I just discovered this on YouTube and wanted to share:
    "Kemper Profiling Amplifier Demo by Leon Todd - With Free Profiles"

You can download 11 free profiles there. I like them!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How come so many profiles when one direct profile could be enough?? :D
    Just kidding. It sounds good. Very good.

151 profiles!
    I think Choptones did 150 great profiles and then realized they could have put ALL the magic into 1 direct profile!! So in reality you get only THE one profile for 50 € ... and because they invested the time already, they added 150 profiles as a little bonus...

To become serious again: Already bought the pack! Thanks for the great work again Choptones :thumbup: