Posts by Duplicate MoreK

Thanks, Monkey Man ;) '76 it is, corrected...

This Friday I'll bring my Kemper in Helsinki's most respected rock club, Tavastia Club. Having an honor to play with mr. Johnnie Bolin (drums), member of Black Oak Arkansas and brother of Tommy Bolin, who played in Deep Purple for a short period and composed a good bunch of great music in his solo career, before passing away 1976. http://www.tavastiaklubi.fi/ta…6-09-16-purple-night-2016

Here's Johnnie trying out Kemper in yesterday rehearsal with my band mate Timo.

Stoked!

[Blocked Image: http://koti.kapsi.fi/morek/kemper/johnnie_timo_sm.jpg]

I really enjoyed this one!

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Only comment is that it's hard rock, not metal.

Hey, that's really encouraging :D Bass and guitar are recorded through Kemper. In guitar I use my all time favorite Golub profile. Yep, you and Monkey_Man are probably right about category... will change...

(But something is seriously odd with your audio compression. The brushed snare is very strange... OK, seems better on your actual website. In chrome browser the mouse over audio waveform seems to do nothing, though...)

I'm pretty sure I tackled the compression issue with the snare. It was just because of me cutting corners and using mp3 instead of original wav in the video, causing compression over compression. This should be good now:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(But something is seriously odd with your audio compression. The brushed snare is very strange... OK, seems better on your actual website. In chrome browser the mouse over audio waveform seems to do nothing, though...)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check the compression issue. The other issue with Chrome, I haven't seen that before, tested with Windows and Mac. Which Chrome version do you have? Win or Mac? Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm also planning to publish backing tracks in Youtube for those who don't care about battles.

I had an idea how to show chord progression in a certain way: current chord and upcoming chord plus a hint when a chord changes. What do you think?

External Content www.youtube.com

Hi fellow Kemper-heads!

I have "soft launched" a free music service that may interest some (many?) of you. The idea is shortly to provide backing tracks which are used to build up weekly competitions, "battles". You play a solo (or sing, or rap or whatever is the instrument in a battle) on top of a track and submit it to the battle. Winners are resolved in a voting phase. Check more on the site, I recommend "Getting Started" link on main page to get the basic information:

https://jambattle.com

Kemper is involved, naturally! Since I use Kemper daily, it's used in many backing tracks and remixes you'll find from the site.

The site is just ramping up. At the moment there are couple of battles for guitar players (Blues, Rock and Country), but there will be more. Actually all registered users can create new private battles and, if needed, and I can give moderator rights to those who want to create and maintain public battles.

If you don't want to battle but just want to jam along with backing tracks, that's possible too. Just head to the Backing Tracks page and start browsing and playing along the tracks.

It would be great to get some of you on board. Register to get Jambattle account, or login with Facebook, Twitter or Google. Join a battle and try it out. Let me know if you have any questions, feedback or worries.

Thanks for reading :thumbup:

More Karvonen
    Jambattle main developer
    Helsinki