Posts by Roeffel

btw I always wondered that doing a direct profile , no skills are required , that everybody can make good DI profiles ?

No need of choosing placing mics etc ...

Does this make sense :)

Raf

I buy profiles , audition them and play ... I should dive into changing cabs , tweaking with the amp parameters (definition, clarity,...) but I haven't come to that point ... I just like the sounds , small variations are neglectible , as long as the core sound is there i'm happy.

I do have a stomp and a FX preset (wah and lead morphing) that I copy in all rig I use and i'm done

My main to go profiles are topjimi ones : Bogner Uber for heavier stuff and his friedman Steve steavens for a bit less gain ...

Raf

For me :

- indeed scrolling through FX
    - a clear overview of what's inside the kemper regarding saved slots/FX slots/stomp slots from fooling around in the past
    - I would love to see when I activate wah (bypass at stop) , it's always activated but not doing it's job unless I rock the cradle
    - last but not least it cured my GAS , no need to look further if you already own the top of the bill

Raf

I just use 4 basic flavor tones : Heavy for metal songs , crunch for lower gain rock , classic for classic stuff :p and a clean tone

All of the are within one performance , use wah and morphing for blending in leads for each rig , on one of them I got a detune button assigned on the remote

That's all I need , the crowd doesn't care about more nuances !

Raf

OK , I sold the bulky and heavy 10 U flightcase and replaced with a 8U FX rack model ... Now it's much easier to handle & transport , the clr still fits on it nicely ...

I really had to look for a compromise between fitting a clr on top as backline , keep the setup as small as possible ( I really loved the 3U rackdrawer to get all cables etc inside , so didn't want to give up on that as well) , the clr had to be lifted enough while the kemper could not be too close to the ground)

Happy for now ;)

Raf

dont know difference :)

the pickups are duncan distortions ,passive humbuckers ...

Could it be some sort of setting ? That i might go to high in frequencies ?

Any suggestions regarding this ?

Thanks

Raf

Just noticed that if they aren't on as default they need to be pushed again ... so playing in different tuning requires 2 sets of rigs

ps : to bad the looper led (or tap) is not lid when these buttons serve a different function

Guys , is it possible to put a detune stomp in all rigs and lock it ... then switch rigs with the detuner staying active ? then I would assign this button to let's say the looper

thanks

Raf

I love how intuitive the kemper is , all makes sense , at first you think "what the hell with all these knobs" , but it's easier then it looks , morphing easy-peasy dial in low value , dial in high value , push store :)

The only thing that "bothers" me is the endless list of FX you need to scroll trhough until you reach the one you want , but to be honest once my rigs were setup , didn't need those anymore :)

Now I just plug and play , I only need to find the time to try different cabs :)

OOh and maybe a global EQ in the output section would be nice as well as the freqout effect :)

OOh and I would love kemper to come out with their own FRFR cabs as well

OOh and an editor would be nice to have to play around more , but that's just playing around with parameters I now don't touch !

Raf

PS : how we can't be happy with the best piece of gear that hasn't been surpassed for years and we still have the latest version :O

And how about saying : using at own risk ? Same goes for the software that a user created for computer editing , if you mess it up don't whine about it !

For me it was nice to see what was inside the kemper incl all the stomp & mods , cabs ...

As of visualization the created backup file on a PC you can do no harm ... changing it and restoring is another thing !

Raf