Posts by Atlantic

Yes by doubling I mean real doubling. I then proceded to find the paning % to match the doubled version with the "feeling" of the delay preset. And they wheree the most similar at 25% left and 25% right.

It is true that in your takes the delay trick sounds weird. I actually only tried with chords and not with a riff with single notes like yours. I will try a similar riff and report back.

I have been trying it and recording I get similar results as doubling a track with a 25% Pan to each side. But it was lacking some high end so I tried it just eliminating completely the EQ cuts in the delay preset and it worked better. I guess for me, as a preset, it works best with no EQ in the delay but I am sure that depending on the desired effect it could sound better cutting some frequencies.

As far as I know you could use a Xvive U2 set up to feed your headphones too .

Yes of course. But remember that Xvive U2 is meant as a mono system for a instrument level signal. While the headphones is a stereo system with some amplification of the signal.

It would be so nice to have a wireless solution for the headphones. I don´t know if it´s not possible due to latency but I just bought the X-vive U2 wireless system for my guitar at home and it´s great now to only have one cable from the headphones and not from my guitar.

Maybe some one already has a solution for this using other technology different from BT?

yeah greenblob, I second that I’m not comfortable with live testing.

With regards to budget I would like to stick in the 100€ zone cause that’s where the 58 is even though I’m more considering either buying the Thomann copy of the 58 for 38€ or a 945 or another recommended mic in the 100€ range. The 945 is 90€.

Cheers

945 is about 185€. It´s the 935 the one that´s about 90€.

My limited experience is with a SM-58 copy By Behringer, the XM8500 , the SM-58 itself, and my actual Sennheisser 945. And for me the 945 is a lot better. I´m honestly a bad singer since I just started singing about one year ago at the age of 38. But my band mates noticed a clear improvement in the tone since I have the 945.

When I bought it the price was 219€ and I got it for 155€ second hand. Now price dropped to 185 and I think it´s a very good price for that mic.

No opinion. Just sounds. I have a CE-2. Knobs at 12 o'clock.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, and no offence to the creator, but it doesn't cut it for me.

I use it daily and I am wondering what else would you need. Because you can basically edit everything that is in the KPA. But you could also engage with the community and participate with some ideas to make it better.

Personally I love ToastMe and by talking with Damian I know that it is going to get even better.

It is true that it´s embarrasing for Kemper to not have an editor. They should have it.

It is also true that selling the KPA because of that, from a practical point of view is strange. Because there is an editor, even if it´s not official. So as a player and user you already have a solution. And honestly I couldn't care less who makes it as long as it works. And it does.

Hola rafabosch.

veo que compartimos dos aficiones... además de que también compartimos el Kemper para la guitarra yo también soy windsurfista!

No tengo remote, pero en general esto que te digo debería funcionarte para conseguir lo que quieres. A lo mejor con el remote hay otra forma de hacerlo pero yo te cuento la básica del Kemper.

Tienes que usar el botón Lock. Es una función que sirve para dejar bloqueada cualquiera de las etapas del kemper, desde un único efecto hasta todos ellos, el stack o la pantalla...

Para bloquear un determinado elemento de la cadena tienes que seleccionar ese elemento pulsando su correspondiente botón hasta que parpadee. A continuación pulsas el botón lock y ese elemento de la cadena quedará bloqueado aunque cambies de rig. Así puedes desplazar un mismo elemento a otro rig para guardarlo allí.

Si lo que quieres es mantener los mismos efectos previos a la etapa de amplificador lo que tienes que hacer es mantener pulsado el botón STOMPS hasta que esté parpadeando y a continuación pulsar el botón LOCK.

Se mantendrá ese bloque de efectos aunque cambies de un rig a otro hasta que desactives la función LOCK repitiendo el mismo proceso de botones.

Oh, and talking about reselling...

In your current situation you are not certanly in a hurry tu buy. You could always wait till the oportunity to buy one used in your zone.

And if you play live so many times you can also justify your laziness as to having a backup, just in case...

How many people have different amps for the rehearsal room, for live use, at home...

For me it´s perfectly normal to have two Kempers, as you would have different amps for different uses. But in this case the Kemper is so, so versatile that the same piece of equipment can be used in different places.

So yes, go for it. I have 2 of them and I only play at home and in the rehearsal room. No live, no studio (maybe I am lazy).

The crew should have made their own Direct Amp profiles of the three amps, then played everything back through a regular 2x12 guitar cabinet

But they had already done that a couple of years ago in the vídeo that I commented earlier.

External Content www.youtube.com

And they even made a second round to be sure the next day

External Content www.youtube.com

For me the thing has come to the point of just knowing it sounds good. If it sounds just like the profiled amp or not is not that important for me.

Anyway, everyone that has played for years with tube amps knows that even the same amp does not sound the same each time. And different amps of the same model usually sound also slightly different.

So, what is clear by this video is that Chappers prefers the Kemper+Mbritt over the real tube amp+Ox Box. And the Captain thinks the opposite.

I guess it´s a matter of preference and convenience.