Posts by Atlantic

With all the love that many users might have for their Kempers, there is no doubt that the Quad Cortex is a competitor. Probably the first serious one in a long time as it comes with the captures feature but also other modern appointments and modeling at the same time. It clicks a lot of boxes.

So in this state of things, of course that it is an intelligent marketing decision for Kemper to tease things like: "hey if you really want a touch screen, please know that we are going to have one, and a better one also".

And at the same time they send the message to every one of us that they have not stopped developing. They are not "done". They are not "old technology that is dying" but state of the art tech that keeps evolving and adapting to new times.

I understand that it's a welcome addition but it's not going to help me do anything I can't already. But each to their own!

It's all about workflow.

You have a very nice workflow and you even have a wired tablet that you could be using already but you opt not to use it out of home.

But for people that might already have an iPad but not a Windows tablet they would get some of that convenience you already have.

In my case we pay the rehearsal room per month. Most of the music we write is done in that room, not at home. Sometimes we might come with a riff or an idea but we mainly compose our songs together. So in my case it would be a lot easier to just have an iPad to tweak that delay, that reverb or that chorus perfect for the part. I have to do it anyways but have to bend, look the small screen and go through menus to have all the parameters.

I could buy a Windows tablet also... but I already own an iPad, so...

I saw something about newer versions of rack and the head having WiFi chips in, similar to the stage…. Is that correct? And how can you tell if you have a ‘new’ version?

That rumor was spread by a guy in Facebook that likes to spread rumors with no real base. He writes as if he knew a lot and it's all speculation.

No real base to it.

There is a WIFI module in the Stage. We know it, there are pictures of it from years ago, short after it was released. No pictures of a WIFI module in the Rack or Head.

Yes, the SPDIF now can be in slave mode, not only in master. But if they really had made all the hardware updates to the old models, they would also have the True Impedance mode, and they don`t.

everything we are talking about atm is based on some videos on social media. Let’s have a nice weekend and just wait for the things to come :)

You could also use a poe injector or a router with poe outs.

Well, not only videos. There was that comment on Facebook...
    On post  #149  of this thread.

FTFY ^^^^^^

I don't think there is a small portable solution unless Kemper themselves design and release one. ;(;(;(

Please ckemper ?

the ethernet port is just a port like USB. It's up to how the network stack is implemented in the operating system that determines how ports can be used. This surely can be changed and implemented. Especially if you provide a physical wifi antenna for the port out.

of course. I´m just telling you that Kemper said that it will work through the Ethernet port of the device. So at least for now it will not work with an usb wifi dongle.

Something like the WDRT8192? That's my wifi dongle and it is powered from the USB port on the projector.

[Blocked Image: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F31yYyLCpRvL._AC_SX425_.jpg&f=1&nofb=1]

No, that would not work. You need something that connects to the Ethernet port of your Kemper. It's through this port that the data would come in from the iPad.

hold up, I think I’m understanding.. I just don’t want to get my excitement up too much.

So we don’t need to be connected tot he internet or anything, so we don’t need our normal internet router (but we can, if we want). So, I can find a small and cheap router, put it in the back of my rack case, essentially making my own “dongle” ? I just need my iPad to connect to whatever network my Kemper is connected to. In the end, I can just hide all this junk in the back of my rack case?

Yes.

Many Kempers live and travel from rehearsal rooms to studios or stages.

The ability to edit and tweak on a touch screen cannot be depending on having a router at hand. And having to carry not only that iPad but also a router with you... well, it is really clumsy.

Right now I'm a bit disappointed if they don't release an adapter made for this and we have to find workarounds ourselves.

I hope so as well. The fact that ANY solution exists for a unit 10+ years old is amazing to me. Talk about choosing your connection ports and protocols correctly.

But the router in the link requires a USB charger. Won't work without it, I believe.

Well it would need an USB port. Like the one in the back of the toaster. For the rack it would not be possible because the USB port is on the front of the device.

Too many posts talking about the "age" of the Toaster in the video to quote all of you.

It is not a new model the one in the video. The chicken knob is silver because some batches around 2015 got shipped with the silver one. Then they went back to the black one. Also the new ones have the name PROFILER, but the older ones have Profiler Amplifier. Also the new ones have a lot of small radial lines around the potentiometers and the older models don't.

All this to say that whatever the implementation to the Head and Rack, it will work also for the older models because the Kemper Head in the video is probably from around 2015.

If you really want people to help here you should tell more about your setup and also provide some examples of the tones and uses you are looking for.

And you will likely get ways of getting what you need from the Kemper. Don't expect people here to come and tell you to go and buy an AXE-FX.

My point of view is that with any device you can get any tone you want. Nowadays it is more about the workflow and the experience one has with the device than the real capabilities that they have. Because all of them are very good.

We assume there is no wireless built in liek the stage so therefore dongle seems the most obvious....but exciting eh!

You called for imagination in this thread before. Imagine if the toaster and rack DO have a wireless module and we didn't know it???

That would be cool.

Speculation: Dispelled

This is awesome. Thanks for pointing this out.

As far as Facebook goes......."You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy......."

We don't know what the solution will be for older form factor models. But it seems there will be one.