Posts by barryjohns2126

Only if you like fried chips.Sorry to disagree Barry, but this is bad advice.
    Perhaps the EPROM will survive, perhaps not, but this should NEVER be a trouble-shooting tip unless you know for sure that it is already in the wrong way. Then you really have nothing to lose.

i'm sorry to disagree with you but you're not correct. If you look at their own literature, they cover this under troubleshooting. Putting the eprom back for the opposite way has zero negative impact on it, I've done it several times by accident, when going between various manufacturers EPROMs that I have for my foot controller. Most people having a problem, put the EPROM in backwards.

I'm sorry, I truly hate to be that guy, but if you're planning on buying another Kemper, it wouldn't be cool if you're providing the profiles that you purchased with this Kemper sale, yet also kept them for your new Kemper Rack. The guys making profiles need to make their money, we need them making money, so that they can continue to provide all of these amazing profiles for all of us users.

Just food for thought, please don't take it personal, maybe it was just an oversight, or hopefully, I've completely misunderstood everything, and read into things, where there was nothing to be read into.

What profiles are you using?

Yes, going to a traditional speaker vs a FRFR is not even close. Its not designed to work like that with traditional speaker cabinets in my opinion. There are some that use it that way, but in my experience, its best with FRFR cabs.

If you are just using the stock profiles that come with it, I urge caution there. Yes you can find some decent ones, but you need to by professionally done profiles from the likes of Michael Britt and some others.

He finally got back to me today, he gave no explanation as to why my Studio Monitors (90 Watts) and my Suhr Badger 35 (35 Tube Watts) drown out the ASM-12, he just said that the ASM holds its own against a typical 100 watt amp (BE-100). I haven't even responded to him yet, and frankly, think it would be a waste of time. He did reveal that his rating of "500 Watts" is not truly accurate, as it is based on the max output at clipping rather than continuous RMS Rating, which that alone considering the company and its reputation is off putting to say the least. Reputable audio based companies only publish continuous RMS rating.

I'm just not sure what to think about him and his company at this point. There is no question he makes some outstanding amps, but IMHO, he did not even come close to that with the ASM 12, only from an output perspective, as the sound is fantastic. Is he in denial, am I about of my mind, is he protecting his company by not admitting a fault in his product, or something else, who knows.

I will be selling mine at some point, and buying the Mission 2 stereo cab.

So I got the H9 on Friday, to audition it in full stereo with the Kemper I decided to create a stereo hardware insert on my Protools HD system, bringing the Kemper in via SPDIF Stereo to a track and then place the H9 as a Hardware Insert on the track.

The H9 is very good, but I have to say, so are the Kemper effects! There were, as expected, a handful of effects that were clearly a step a head of the Kemper, but honestly, not enough to justify the cost of the H9.

If I were still in the primary real amp world, the H9 would be a no-brainer, actually, I'd buy 2 of them. Since I am a studio guy, the H9 is being returned.

Reading all of this, I'm not sure now I made a good decision to by the H9. I have an H9 Max on the way, based on this, sounds like it would make more sense to return it since the Kemper's delays and reverbs are on par with the H9. I'm not a heavy effects guy anyway, however, I do enjoy quality as most so I was thinking that the H9 had Delays and Reverbs on a whole other level, but sounds like that just isn't the case.

Baded on my points above, do you agree, its most likely redundant for me?

So i just did another test. I pulled up a Protools Session. I panned everything to the left and then measured the DB output from a distance of 12" from the center of the speaker and got 104db.

I then panned everything to the right, discounted the XLR Feeding my right studio monitor and connected it to the input of the ASM-12, and I got 106db. The red clipping light was coming on constantly on the ASM-12 meaning it was at maximum volume.

Worth noting, I could easily increased the volume more to the Presonus Sceptere 8 Studio Monitor which is rated at 90 watts, and got another 10 db before overloading that speaker.

Its pathetic that the ASM-12 that is rated at 700 watts cannot over power by a very high margin, a studio monitor rated at 90 watts. At a complete loss.......