Posts by Sheppard93

the day has come. I just sold my Kemper on reverb. It had nothing to do with me being unsatisfied, I absolutely loved it... it's just that with today's economy, I have to sell gear to obtain new gear.
    The one thing I've learned from my experience is the fact that it's easy to get carried away with buying commercial profiles and best piece of advice I can give is buy from Matt Figurski. Basically every other profile I've used (that has any gain) has an annoying high end hiss thst can only be somewhat eq'd out. They're still usable but it's there. Matts simply doesn't. The guy is the best.
    I'll definitely check in to see what's new every now and then. My brief but awesomw time with the kemper has been a blast. Thanks for all the great advice over the past few months.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xig5…nto%20the%20Fire.m4a?dl=0

Hey guys.. not sure if this link works.. but here is a version of Dokken: Into the Fire

This was recorded using Matts Profiles
    Rhythm guitars.. salvation marshall+ jcm V30 and salvation Camerica HG

Lead guitar is BE100 JCM HG Fat

Clean guitar is BE100 Clean Chime Fat

I hope you enjoy. Matts profiles are very inspiring.

I should add.. my kemper is going into an apogee jam into my ipad (garage band) so the quality is likely very low. also there was a latency.. which screwed me up during the solo..

are there medium gain ones in Sinmix' pack? I find ANY profiles with the gain past 3 o'clockish to be unusable. I'm going for a George Lynch/Warren Demartini style tone. I love my profiles to be in the 10 o'clock to 1:30 range. I just put a +1.5 pure booster on the stomps for leads.

Hi Matt thank you very much for the profiles BE profiles. I just loaded them and I am blown away. There is a weightiness to them that feel like real real tube compression. I tested them with a PRS with P90's and active Yorkville cabs. My 2 favourite so far are B100 HG HBE for leads and B100 LG HBE for an in your face rhythm. They sound great dialled in flat as soon as I loaded them up. They will replace my dirty rhythm and lead slots on my performance for one of my bands. My next goal is to load up the BE 100 Clean Chime Fat and add some delicious delays and a touch of verb. I can't wait to try therm with my band!
    I would definitely recommend giving them a try!

weightiness... that's the word that best describes the feel of his profiles. there's no wimpiness at all. just a chewy weightiness.

If it's a marshall style amp (what the BE100 is.. except hot rodded) you want, but a different flavor.. try Mattfigs Marshall+ pack too.
    This guy just knows what he's doing. perfect profiles with none of that high end fizz. the JCM800 V30 from this pack blows my mind.

I was playing my Kemper yesterday, flicking through my favorites list. I'd come across a profile thst just sounded great.. like TJs caswell Marshall, TAFs modded JCM800... and I'd jam on I for a bit. I have mattfigs BE pack broken up into several performances (5 favorite "plexi" profiles... 5 favorite JCM...BE..HBE... etc...
    So I'd be in browse mode rocking out, totally satisfied with m sound and I'd flip the dial to performance mode, landing on one of matts profiles. it would be like night and day. no matter what sound I was getting, as soon as I switch the dial I get the thickness, texture and warm sweetness of Matts BE100. the absolute perfect balance of warmth and bite. my dream tone

I don't really know how anyone can beat Matt's profiles. everything from sparkly clean to full on saturated has been profiled in his BE100 pack. deep down, a part of me was becoming discouraged with the kemper until I got Matts pack. you really need to give it a go!

also the HBE LG fat pairs with the G12 #7 cab well too. profiles that have the gain between 10 o'clock and 1:30 give me the best results. really high gain ones don't gel with my duncan distortions very well

I paired his JCM HG Fat with tills G12 #6
    And I'm also in love with Matts BE MG Fat with tills G12 #7. to me, it's tonal heaven. Oh yeah... and I put a pure booster on the stomps. +1.5.
    his studio profiles are amazing but through my headphones, pairing the tills cabs add a little something special for me

well... just got the BE100 pack.. now I don't know WHAT my favorite profile is... it's a double edged sword. on one hand I have all the profiles I'll ever need... on the other hand I'll never be able to decide which is best!
    Also for something different, I got his profiles of a Soldano X88. they are every bit as good with a different flavor.
    Seriously. his profiles are all you'll ever need. TJ and MBritt are amazing as well.

I've mainly been a Top jimi guy since I got my kemper. along the way I've found some other amazing profiles like MBritt and Big Hairy Profiles. I have to say though, that my favorite profile has to be from Matthew Figurski. it's a DI profile of his BE100 (crunch setting) and paired with one of tills cabs it has become my favorite profile. So thick while still cutting and growly. honestly i use my profiler in performance mode 95% of the time. loaded into the performance is Top jimi's SLO, 74 and caswell Marshalls, MBritts 70 super lead and now Matts brown eye. seriously check this guy out. great guy and great profiles!!
    http://www.mattfig.com

Well... I'm sure we've all been there. "I have all the profiles I need.. I don't need to buy any more". I felt this way for a while. Between MBritts 70 super lead and top Jimi's 74 super lead and caswell modded marshall, I have the tone of my dreams. then I kept reading posts by Demi84 who doesn't so much fully s*** on the Kemper..... he... we will say.... kinda just farts in its mouth a little. he's a fantastic guitar player and I noticed he keeps writing about the limitations of the profiler but how great Big Hairy Profiles are so I looked into it. let me tell you, he is completely right. basically these are the tones I never thought I'd ever get. Everything I want in a guitar tone is contained within his ADA MP1 and Sold88 packs. they just ooze with that biting yet full bodies 80s tone. there are many other great tones from the whole clean to saturated spectrum. Michael is also a super great guy to talk too.. like mBritt. I highly recommend checking these out!!

Yep. In the case of removing fizz it's easy. For instance, with a spectrum analyzer you can clearly see activity in the 9.3KHz range in the OP's sample, so I'd do the same thing in the KPA that I did using Samplitude. I'd use a Studio EQ in one of the post cab effects slots and set the Mid Frequency to 9372KHz with a slightly narrow Q and cut it by approximately 6dB.
    In Samplitude, I actually made a 6.9dB cut @ 9.3k.

Anyway, you can do the same thing in the KPA if you know what frequency you're looking for(I use a spectrum analyzer). EQ matching is obviously another story.

I use EQ to cut fizz because I've found that cutting presence or treble is akin to using a machete to remove a splinter.

I tried this last night on my beloved MBritt 70 SL3 which sometimes had that high end fizz especially when using the neck pickup.. it really cleans up the sound. thanks for the tip!

I've found the tone of my dreams. The medium gain profile in this pack just oozes with that tone I've been looking for all my life. with just an ever so slight adjustment to the clarity, power sagging and compression in the amplifier menu I have hands down my favorite tone of all time. if you like the guitar tones of the 80s (the good ones), you simply can't go wrong with this pack.