Posts by guitarman967

i think you should delete this Pic of the spreadsheet , contains Private E Mail and Tel Numbers from the

guy who sent you the PM

Don't think he will find this funny seeing this data in Public

Wasn’t supposed to be funny. Most of it was in a different language foreign to me it was the 3rd non working link that was sent so I posted it to get clarification on how to obtain the previous OS version. * It was pulled as soon as the member indicated it wasn’t pertinent to my query. I appreciate his help in the matter unlike your constant unhelpful banter.

I don’t think it should have to be a forum members responsibility to supply owners with troubleshooting on issues as it is. Not sure about you but downtime costs my clients their time and me money so issues like this (not having an easy rollback option) can screw up an session as it did for me this week.

It doesnt work. Did you try it yourself? The one you Pm'd me did not work and the second one was some spreadsheet. I posted a picture of it for you. Not sure why its so hard to get the last OS around here..

I checked my download folder long before I posted here. Not sure what the resistance around here is to having the LAST OS up on the kemperamps forum. It would avoid a lot of issues such as this.

You say you hear no tone differences but how are you assessing this?

Do you tune close to standard tuning? I feel it must be more obvious when you tune down. In drop C or lower the low end is not as defined as it was before the update and there is a faint static noise that runs through the profiles that obscures the actual sound of the notes. Like what a fuzz pedal would do. Again, you have to know your profiles well (I use certain ones every day when recording) and you have to play with some precision. The white noise sound is less obvious but again, when you listen to the same profiles every single day and have EQ’d them in recording sessions you get to know them well.

If you play tight palm mutes you were here that you can not make them percussive because it sounds like the definition parameter is turned way down and someone turned your gain way up.

I have this popping sound in RM here too , sometimes when switching, using breakup sounds

But sound wise def no changes

digbob youve yet to disclose your tuning and profile preferences so Im left to guess you probably play cleaner sounds or ambient worship music with heavy reverbs and or delays. The degradation isnt heard as well in clean or semi clean profiles although the clean sounds do seem to have a harsh transient after the update.

you´ve been told already twice in different threads to open a ticket so the support can send you whatever old kemper version you like to restore, so why do keep writing this BS again and again ("Kemper took all the previous versions away for some unknown reason..."??

Your reaction is similar to one where someone calls your child ugly.

This issue can be confirmed by several Kemper users. Getting the last OS to troubleshoot shouldnt be a huge undertaking. Had it been up on the site, Id already be on my way to making a comparison file for the users here but Im still waiting for a download.

Kemper didn't remove the old OS Versions, they simply has been never there!!

Always when a new OS is released the former one disappears , that's the way they handles their releases, since their first release

so no one could accidentally download an older Version.

There’s a section called older software releases man.. how would something accidentally download when you have to go to that section in a drop down menu? Having the last OS in that section would be helpful in many ways.

Kemper didn't remove the old OS Versions, they simply has been never there!!

Always when a new OS is released the former one disappears , that's the way they handles their releases, since their first release

so no one could accidentally download an older Version.

Not how I remember it. To my recollection the last version is always there for purposes of troubshooting. Regardless of that 3-4 previous rig managers are up there for some reason and OS version 1.8 is still there so Kemper DOES keep previous versions up on the site.

*EDIT

clearly you’ve never looked in tools in rig manager where it says “revert back to previous OS release” .

I have this popping sound in RM here too , sometimes when switching, using breakup sounds

But sound wise def no changes

You say you hear no tone differences but how are you assessing this?

Do you tune close to standard tuning? I feel it must be more obvious when you tune down. In drop C or lower the low end is not as defined as it was before the update and there is a faint static noise that runs through the profiles that obscures the actual sound of the notes. Like what a fuzz pedal would do. Again, you have to know your profiles well (I use certain ones every day when recording) and you have to play with some precision. The white noise sound is less obvious but again, when you listen to the same profiles every single day and have EQ’d them in recording sessions you get to know them well.

If you play tight palm mutes you were here that you can not make them percussive because it sounds like the definition parameter is turned way down and someone turned your gain way up.

no need for conspiracy theories. We always replace the release version when a new one becomes available. If you encounter any issues with the current release please open a support ticket by sending an email to [email protected]. We will send you the older release version by email so you can do some comparison recordings by reamping a DI track in two different versions of the OS.

Not a conspiracy theory but the fact remains the OS version before the new 5.71 was pulled from the kemper website. Actually every version except 1.8 which is years old is gone from the site. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s unusual behavior for Kemper to remove them and disable “revert to previous OS” in Rig manager.

Had this not been the case I would have been able to troubleshoot this issue much easier. Also, these reports of tone differences is being reported by many more people than myself. Again, no conspiracy but coincidence also only goes so far.

I’ve been a happy Kemper owner for 3 years with zero complaints here on this forum UNTIL this update.

Also let’s not make this place like the Axe FX forum where fanboys defend the product to the point of delusion. That attitude pops up more and more around here. No one can have a problem.. it’s suddenly a placebo.

Except there was an OS update that removed ALL older version so how is can it be a placebo when Kemper doesn’t want us to cross reference against older version? Something is wrong here.