Posts by fourstrk

While I'm really looking forward to a reverb improvement to take the reverb to the same quality level as the new delays, I can't stop wondering if I'm the only one with little to no interest in a spring reverb.

Nope. Me too ... I would probably use it when it was there but I do not miss it at the moment. For live use it does not matter for me and for recording purposes there are lots of usable plugins which do the job. Probably I'm not playing the right style to have huge demand for spring reverb.

I would love to see any kind of "editor" merged into Rig Manager. One software per device is enough. I do not expect a full editor with every little parameter and skins for each effect, but at least the possibility to be able to put together presets and easily change e.g. cabs or whatever. Also the possibility to import / export presets without using USB. There will be a huge demand for presets of regular stomps.

Plus: create a StompExchange / CabExchange. Better categories for all effects and better tagging. It should be possible to e.g. copy / paste a stomp into various rigs without touching the physical unit.

Also add the basic Looper control function to the editor: play a riff, tweak sounds in the editor while the loop is playing, control (pause / play) the loop using the editor. I hate having the guitar sitting on my legs while I fiddle around on my computer.

A cool feature would be to store / play DI tracks (which could be recorded in a DAW or using the looper) in the editor to be able to tweak sounds and listen to tones without touching the guitar. A kind of on-the-fly reamping. Not every player always has an engineer sitting beside him to dial in tones.

I am willing to trade my Kemper head (unpowered) for an unpowered rack version, because I decided to build a rack with my IEM stuff included.

I am based in Germany. My unit is working flawlessly. Only personal exchange with cross-checking either unit. Got the KPA green bag too, which is part of the trade or can be bought, depending on the rack which comes with your unit.

Just send me a PM. :)

Happy trading :thumbup::P

Rig Layers / Morphing of Stomps / Call it as you like ...

In the manual it says something like: stomps / buttons are not available for morphing since this would produce a harsh difference in the sound.

I do not see the problem in this one. When the morph button is pressed turn on the stomp / button instantly with a "mix"-parameter set at 0. Sweep the mix parameter over the morph time to 1.

If this should not be possible please give us the possibility to produce harsh differences - that is what is needed for certain clean vs. lead sounds and saving 2 presets in 1 Rig would be a huge extend for the Remote.

Even users without the Remote could use the rig up / down buttons to access these 2 layers of the rig.

Use Page < and Page > for scrolling to the list and rig up / down are free for rig layers!

Concerning the Remote

Status quo: The buttons 1-5 can be used to morph continuous parameters.

Please offer the option to select per performance (or even better slot) if you want to morph as given OR active a second layer of sounds. Like this I could switch between solo und rhythm sound for my 5 main sounds in one single performance.

e.g.

Use case:

Slot 1 has a clean profile. I morph it using the gain knob. This is possible.

Slot 2 has a crunchy rhythm sound. By pressing on button 2 again I can toggle between Stomp A on / off.

Being in Slot 2 pressing on button 1 brings me on Position 1 on Slot 1. Pressing button 1 again gives me the 2nd layer of Slot 1 either as morph (possible) or as 2nd layer (not possible at the moment).

I think there are huge differences between cheap and higher priced pickups.

Nevertheless, above a certain price point the PUs sound "different" but never bad.

I am able to accomplish a great tone with solid and valuable equipment. Brands do not matter and depend on personal taste. Eventually, this is not the tone I personally am looking for but it's worthy. Changing high-quality PUs against other high-quality PUs might make a difference. And I state it to be DIFFERENT, not BETTER.

Expression pedals or cheap momentary foot controllers with mono or stereo jacks (stomp with volume boost on / off) do the trick.

I played a few gigs with this solution and finally went for the Remote ... because you can set your stomps and see them for each rig. It sounded good before but sometimes it's cooler to be able to spontaneously throw in a vibrato effect or something.

The point behind the "tubeist insults" is - as in many fields - that people do not even try out things and just repeat others and their opinions, especially in the times of social video platforms.

Plus many many guys who talk about gear ("gearheads") are bad players. That's just my experience. The real pro-players who *practise* and play *live* (no living room heroes) or play studio sessions (no so called *home recording*) just have to admit that the KPA has true advantages. I'm sure the same priced competitors do as well but I can't tell, because I never played them.

I still have a small backup for the KPA at gigs but it is so much easier with the KPA to get a great tone - especially with IEM.

For me the KPA with studio monitors or wedges lacks a liiiittle bit of feel at living room / home enviroments compared to true guitar cabs, especially in the bass range. But these frequencies are the ones which you want to avoid on stage and in the mix. It's designed for players and engineers, not for tone hunters and traditionalists. I've come from that way and love playing great tube stuff. But for me it's too much effort at gigs to make them sound equally good as the KPA in various venues.