Posts by GarikX

Midi controller BJ Devices TB 6P very convenient device! And a comfortable expression pedal on board. Fully friends with Kemper, including tuner, tap, looper! Very nice price too! I used it for three years, while saving money for the Remote. Now I am selling TB-6P.

mine work fine.

i have seen a few people recently mention a slight delay when a single pedal is assigned to two different functions (ie Wah to Volume etc) but I think this was due to the system taking a moment to switch between the two functions. I use 3 separate pedals and don’t notice any problems.

Thanks for your feedback! :thumbup:

Hello! I bought a Remote and choose an expression pedal. I read a lot of posts here that the expression pedals connected to the Remote worked with some latency. How are things going now? Kemper’s team corrected this?

The electrical engineer went from vacation and the team Kemper sent me the answer:

"If the cables touch each other internally in the cable, the integrated amplifier should be protected against this and nothing should happen.

However, if you contact a grounding with the defective cable like the housing of the Profiler when the cable is connected into the speaker out of the Profiler, then the amplifier can be damaged."

Maybe it will be useful to someone else.

The Kemper Team wrote that their electrical engineer was on vacation now, but they assumed the following:

"I am not an electrical engineer but assume this eventually damage the internal power amp.

In the event of a short circuit, "zero ohm" would be applied to the amplifier output. If a cable connection breaks off or a cable burns through without creating a short circuit, there is an infinitely large resistance at the output of the amplifier."

Thanks for you the response! I use an online translator, but if I understand you correctly, the open circuit and short circuit of the speaker cable will not harm the Kemper.

I did not quite understand the phrase: load speaker is not attached. What do you mean?

Hi guys! I love my PowerHead and give a lot of concerts with it. I like to connect not only to the mixing console, but also to the guitar room, in order to feel the power of the sound! 8o I have my own speaker cable, but when there is no opportunity to pick up my cable, I have to use what is on the concert stage. I heard that if the speaker cable is unreliable (short-circuit or detach from the plug), then you can burn the tube amplifier. Did anyone have a similar experience? How does Kemper behave in this case?

I buy a lot of used gear and end up with misc. cables shoved in a box. Some are gold and some aren't. I find the material of the jack is much less critical than the quality of the cable. A well shielded cable will not pick up as much RF as a cheapo design. Also the quality of the soldering makes a difference, as well as line level vs instrument level. Line level is usually more forgiving.

I totally agree with you. But here not thinking about the sound quality, which may depend on the plug. The point is that mechanical deffect in the form of galvanic corrosion can arise from the interaction of different metals.

Guys, thank you for your advice! I was thinking about the same. I just spent the last money for a Kemper, and therefore care about every detail. But I trust your experience and will continue to use the gold plugs! :)
    Now I use Klotz la grange cable. It's a little harsh, but I like the sound. Before that I used Proel cable and Planet Waves. Klotz I like more.

I think gold plated jacks is audio-fool speak for separate people from as much money as possible. If you tell them it sounds better they will star believing it really does.

As for corrosion, I don't think 1950's Fender amps or '60's and 70's Marshalls had any gold plating and they seem to have lasted quite well ;)

I agree with you! I saw Marshall, who is more than 40 years old and he felt great! I was more worried about another nuance. I use plugs with gold plating, and in the Kemper connector has a nickel plating, so I thought that there might be a conflict between these materials.

As you can see I mainly use a gold plated frog to connect spiritually to my Kemper. Besides of that, my Cordial CSI cables have golden Neutrik plugs too. That is just preventative, cause sometimes I mix my bone dry guitar tone with some wet signal - and I don't wanna risk any decay! Some delay is o.k. occasionally - but never decay!

Golden frog is really cool! [Blocked Image: http://vk.com/images/emoji/D83DDE04_2x.png] I use an online translator and it often does not translate accurately. You connect to Kemper with Neutrik gold-plated and there was no problem. Am I right?

Hello! I had never thought about what kind of plugs I use before. At the moment I'm using Amphenol TM2RBJ-AU. Recently I read an article about plugs and found out a lot of new things for myself. It turns out that jacks with gold dusting are less prone to corrosion, but in some articles it is written that they are not very compatible with nickel connectors, which is what is said about galvanic corrosion. What plugs do you use? And what do you think about using gold jacks with Kemper?

I also faced this for the first time today. Turned on the power supply, then for 1-2 seconds turned the chicken head .... and nothing. Turned it off and turned it on again ... it worked! I think this is normal!