power on switch = not always

• Occasionally when i turn my chicken head from off to tuner (on) my KPA doesn't always come on.
    I found this is often the case if i do it within less than a second of applying the mains power.
    I questioned if it could be a dirty contact on the switch but changing position to browse/perform and back has no result. Usually tuning back to the off position and having a second attempt gets things up and running.

I have a similar issue on a PC i own. After applying the mains power, the "soft" power-on button doesn't respond within the first second or two of applying the mains supply. Wait a few seconds and it works.

In both cases the power on control is not a physical engagement of the power but more of a control function that instructs the system to boot up.
    Could it be that i am attempting to engage this too soon before the system is ready for the command?

Anyone else suffer similar?

• I also noticed a short delay if you switch on the power supply when the switch is on (but disconnect the power supply without power off routine you shouldn't have done before)

As a hyphothesis, it could be assumed that smoothing capacitors are first charged and/or a software routines checks whether the voltage is OK before the displays will be activated .
    I would consider this effect to be a positive feature.

I do not know the internal main supply from the KPA, but I have found by chance that it is relatively insensitive to short voltage dips.

• I also noticed a short delay if you switch on the power supply when the switch is on (but disconnect the power supply without power off routine you shouldn't have done before)

As a hyphothesis, it could be assumed that smoothing capacitors are first charged and/or a software routines checks whether the voltage is OK before the displays will be activated .
    I would consider this effect to be a positive feature.

I do not know the internal main supply from the KPA, but I have found by chance that it is relatively insensitive to short voltage dips.

Agree, that makes sense and seems logical

• I also faced this for the first time today. Turned on the power supply, then for 1-2 seconds turned the chicken head .... and nothing. Turned it off and turned it on again ... it worked! I think this is normal!