Posts by musicmad

Re-recorded the first solo in this thread today with a proper band recording behind it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profile is the merged2 5150 profile with a KD boost. Delays and EQ in the DAW.

Digging a bit more into this (sorry if I'm rehashing - just let me know) I tried playing around with clean sense. Unless I'm going crazy I used to be able to use clean sense to balance no (low) gain sounds with high gain sounds:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Right now it doesn't seem to make a difference. I would have sworn it used to?

Nevermind this - still had the overdrive stomp engaged, so clean sense doesn't have an impact (because it's not clean).

Other people have mirrored by optimisme, but this would be great yes. The less confusing situations one experiences the better. Thanks for your time and effort.

Of course it is. Don't think I'm trying to invalidate your question. On the contrary.

Some of us have been finding limitations with volume while testing the new stomps. l

Totally understand. No hard feelings. This being the internet I just wanted to make sure the post wasn't burried by false assumptions.

No I'm not. Using the looper pre-input. But thanks for the suggestion. It's the same result if I play guitar live btw. So my question is still valid.

Digging a bit more into this (sorry if I'm rehashing - just let me know) I tried playing around with clean sense. Unless I'm going crazy I used to be able to use clean sense to balance no (low) gain sounds with high gain sounds:

Right now it doesn't seem to make a difference. I would have sworn it used to?

I only have the delay module on, and it doesn't change anything if I turn that off. Tried turning off amp, eq, and cab as well. The phenomenon only appears when the amp section is on. But I don't boost (amp volume for instance) anything there. What does that tell you?

Got it. Thanks for the reply

Did you see my video above as well?

Got to play around with the volume behavior of the drives as well. I know this has probably been discussed to death, but I found this behaving not as I expected as well. Check out this video:

The input led is not clipping. There is a substantial volume boost around 0, but the sound is almost identical in timbre and volume a -5 and 5. This goes for the green scream as well, so it's probably not new. Clean sense is a 0 db.

ckemper happy to share a backup if this is relevant? Is this the expected behavior?

I'm playing a pre-input-loop in the video, found the same thing while playing live.

Finally got around to play around with the presets. Trying out the different Precision drive presets and the workflow doesn't really work that good I think. Mainly because the volume parameter is so important, and there is no way to lock the volume while trying different presets. So you end up selecting one preset, turn the volume to 2.5db, then try the next one, turn the volume up again etc. Not very intuitive.

Once I realized that the only difference between the presets is the definition control, the presets become obsolete. You just set the volume to 2.5 and mess with the definition. So it seems the attack knob in the precision drive is identical to the definition in the KD. Would be interesting to see if they actually behave in the same way.

In my mind your perception of tone greatly depends on the playing style. If you by any means can find a free rig, where you can't make it sound like the demo, then we are happy to try with our playing style and compare the results.

It's a known issue - but not a priority to fix because it only happens once a day. I beg to differ though and think it's highly annoying to deal with every time you power up the profiler. The workaround is to click arrow down followed by arrow up. Then you seem to be in the right spot.