Posts by Finally

I really like having the amp and the remote as separate things, for the size, not needing power at the front of the stage, and keeping the delicate digital hardware better protected and cooled.

I also like the ability to just drive a cab with the power amp in a jam or small venue situation.

When I was still using my Bogner my logical chain was:

Guitar---->Kemper Stomps----Kemper Loop Send---->Amp----Amp Loop Send---->Kemper Loop Return---- Kemper Effects---- Kemper Monitor Out----> Amp Loop Return---- Amp Power Amp

I didn't bother for long.

I think most people here would recommend them. I really love mine.

If the amp is already distorted then a distortion pedal sometimes makes it sound muddy and less distinct. I'd keep it in the Stomp section and mess with the settings of the OD and amp (probably less gain on the amp) until you get what you're after.

I think introducing an OD in the Effects section isn't very usual because it's after the preamp, but your ears are the best guide.

While I almost always put reverb and delay in the Effects section I also like chorus/phaser/flanger in the Stomps section for some tones due to the way they interact with the preamp stage.

I watched that video a few days ago and I agree that for distorted tones heavier strings don't sound better and indeed can sound congested and lack treble bite. It would have been nice if they had 2 of the same guitar so the contrast would be apparent, or used some clean tones.

For clean sounds I only like 9's for funk, reggae, and calypso. For blues/jazz/solo fingerstyle 9's just don't have the girth and snap I'm after, so I use 10-46 as a good compromise.

That's horrible and unforgivable8|. I can't believe:

a) That the issue is so widespread that at least one person (more, I think) has had more than one faulty unit in a row

b) That they would send out a replacement without testing it due to a)

I hope they have a pretty tight supply agreement with the switch supplier. I can't imagine how much impact this has had on their bottom line and brand perception of quality. Product Managers have nightmares about this sort of thing, as they should.