Posts by dmatthews

Haven't seen a single/bridge P90 with a blade switch before. I love me some bridge pup spanky so I could seriously live with that!

I just dove in and found profiles that I liked.

I put them in performances and assign clean to slot 1, all the way up to filthy dirty in slot 5.

I treat them all like any amp and adjust bass/mid/treble/presence etc to taste. Don't forget to save after the adjustments for each profile.

Then I found stomps I liked and assigned them to buttons.

Go ahead and experiment. Don't be afraid to take risks, you can always revert back.

Many many hours of fun ahead! :)

Thanks! To be honest, I've read many of your posts while I was figuring out what FRFR cab/monitor to get. Your reviews were primarily the reason why I went with Xitone MBritt, so my wife can blame you for the ~$1,000 I spent on a "stupid speaker." To which, I replied, "But you can hook up your bluetooth to it and play your soothing Yoga music."

I do have a very basic and potentially stupid question: How is your rig setup? Like which cable do you use from the Kemper into the speaker? I've read so many different ways of dudes of setting up their Kemper that it's given me a headache. Thank you.

Edit: And also, what has been your favorite setting between the 5? I love that Mick put those options on there (awesome guy to work with btw), but 5 additional options ALONG with the open/closed back is going to give me options paralysis. I'm not even going to mention the plethora of profiles and playing either single coils or humbuckers :S

Oh noes!!! Now it's all my fault!!!!:D

Awesome, and now I hope you like it even more!

Regarding your queries...

Because it's a mono cab I just use a regular 1/4" cable from the Monitor output of the Kemper to the Xitone. Some people like/prefer to use XLR but to each their own. I leave the Main outs for going to FOH if required although that need has not presented itself as of yet.

Of the 5 DSP settings...

1 = FRFR

2 = FRFR with MBritt mods

3 = FRFR with port cover in

4 = FRFR with 12″ only

5 = 12″ raw

I use 2 the most, with the back port open. The cab sits at the back of our stage next to the drummer. With the port open the drummer can hear me well, and provides a nice airy feel and lots of bass punch on tap. That is most certainly subjective obviously.

I am available for marriage counseling if required...:saint:

After debating for months on what to upgrade from my old Marshall 30W combo amp, I decided to join the Kemper fam. Not only did I decide to get the Kemper and the remote, but I’m anxiously waiting on a Xitone MBritt 112 cab! I can’t wait to experience the magic of this setup. Nice to meet y’all!

I have that combo of gear, and you won't be disappointed.

The MBritt easily keeps up with my cover band/drummer at rock volumes. It'll service a 100 person gig by itself with great coverage.

Welcome to the swamp!^^

UPDATE: After being backordered for a week, the Kemper arrived yesterday. Got a killer deal at Guitar Center by trading in one of my guitars I barely play anymore plus taking advantage of a 10% discount deal they had. So altogether, the Kemper plus the HS80s ran me a little over $1500. I'll take that any day!

Just plugged it in and it sounds AMAZING. Going to spend the rest of day noodling through the presets to find my favorite 80s metal/classic rock tones...

Don't have it running through the laptop yet. Still need a special cable (2 1/4" to mini jack) which should be here Monday. But so far I'm loving this thing. Appreciate all the help!

Nicely done sir! I can see the grin on your face from here!:D

Looks fantastic! Nicely done.

I have one of those Yammies! They RAWK!:love:

Here's the sister to your P22.

2012 P22 Orange Tiger, gold hardware and rosewood neck. Yummy!

P22 trem with maple board?

Wowza!!! Yes, the top really pops in person, yours is a beauty!:love: