Posts by stfuzz

I would bring a second guitar or play in the certain key if it is about live situations. For practising I sometimes use the transpose function and really like it! I own pitch pedals as well but use them only if I want to have this kind of latency or certain kind of sound they offer.

On your first sample, you had a noisegate that interfered too much with the sound. At least at the endings I have noticed it strongly.

If sample two and three were played with the same profile, you can expect that the LP signal will sound muddy (which is the case here) if the Strat signal already sounds distorted. Humbuckers usually have a stronger output and thus cause a relatively bigger distortion than single coils.

I haven´t heard your sound example. But for clean or crunch Mayer tones I can highly recommend the Michael Britt D-Pack. It contains Dumble and Dumble inspired amp profiles and Michael named one "edited to mimic a Mayer Clean" as well as R.Ford and L. Carlton tweaked profiles.
    I like them a lot!

I´m using Michael Britt´s Profiles exclusively! All FOHs I worked with gave me a 100% positive feedback about my sound.
    And btw I just finished a quite long tour and just needed some tonal inspiration to survive the last 7 gigs. So I bought the D-Pack of Michael that includes
    Dumble ODS profiles and Dumble-inspired amp profiles. And I was blown away by the Dumble profiles! Great amp, great profiles!! Thanks for that Mike!

Greetings from Germany

Nik

Michael uses P90 most of the time. As you know they sound brighter than humbucking Pickups. So when he is profiling he dials in the tone that fits to his P90s respectively less treble than
    you would probably choose with PAFs.

is to lower the bass knob to 10 o'clock or thereabouts.

Depends on the acoustic situation, but I know what you mean. Michael chooses two microphones for profiling. And the one that is responsible for the bass is a ribbon mic. Ribbon mics are known for their well bass response.
    But also for their smoothness in the top end.

I don´t know if it has been said here before, but: Don´t forget that your Kemper pictures the sound of a miced amp. And if you are not used to listen an play through miced amp your ears might be confused.
    The gear you are using should definitely work out.
    With your G-string: might be that something is resonating....check it with a different guitar.

Good Luck!

Ich hatte gerade Erbsensuppe und habe die Erbsen nicht gezählt. Hat einfach geschmeckt.

Deine Erbsensuppen-Theorie ist gewagt,Ingolf!
    Das mag für Hanseaten zutreffen,aber in Thüringen ist Erbsensuppe Philosophie!

Meine persönliche Gulaschkanone (hier in der preußischen Provinz Hannover) hat folgende Zutaten: MBritt Profile, Strats, Teles, Filtertron Tele, PAF Pickups.

Ich mag die MBritt Profile deshalb so gerne mit allen meinen Gitarren, weil sie etwas dunkler klingen. Die Mikrofonkombination mit der Michael profiled ist 1x Bändchen und ein 1x SM57. Das Bändchen klingt dunkel, hat viel Bass und
    ist hochauflösend in den Höhen. Das macht den Kontrast dazu....Midrange Punch...
    Bei den meisten seiner Profile kommen P90 Pickups zum Einsatz.

I love it!

An easy way for aligning a re-amped track back to it's original position is to set a very short sample (on the grid) in front of the DI track and record this through the re-amping chain.

In Logic you can actually draw a spike directly on the waveform, extremely short, and then use that for aligning. I'm sure other daws have this functionality as well.

Thanks!! Both ways seem to be good technics to relocate the track to its original position! So I will not care about the latency anymore and just mark the positions.
    Have a great one!

My plan is to perhaps have a touch sensitive overdrive that I use in front of the Kemper in the rack.
    And I'll need a synth bass pedal for this tour that I plan on building into a performance slot in the effects loop.
    But otherwise, part of the appeal is to NOT have anything else but the Kemper, and nothing but the remote on the ground.

That makes sense. Since I own the Kemper there are only fuzz boxes, overdrives and one octaver on my pedalboard.
    If you find your transport solution, please let us know what it is:)