Posts by Alienator

Without having dived deep into this song and its delay settings - what I hear at the beginning is a dotted 8th delay with heavy modulation. I would put the repeat loudness at nearly 100 percent (about 90 to 100?) and the feedback to about 20 to 30 percent. Should be a good starting point?

You can buy an HX Stomp for that. I have one in the loop of my Stage and it works fine. But to be honest, I like the Delays and Reverbs of the Kemper in the overall mix better. I use the HX Stomp mainly for boosts and drives (much better imho).

I've had similar work flow complexity issues with the fm9, that's why I sold it. Life with Kemper is easier and now I play more the guitar, again.

Ears. During rehearsal.

Even better if you can record the rehearsal and go trough each song part and decide if that is the loudness you need in every part or as a guitarist in your band.

Maybe EQing is another thing. Often being loud does not necessarily mean that your guitars cut through - but maybe that is not what you asked directly.

Yep. Besides it is not possible in a technically reasonable way (I claim) that can easily translate to an easy workflow afyerwards - I don't even want thousands of everybody's mediocre tone stacks. Try to pair those with the thousands of different profiles to find the perfect match. Not impossible but almost. Many struggle to find the tonally "best" profiles that already exist. Nah, that's something for the Kemper team like it's Line6's or fractal's job and they also do it pretty perfectly.

Couldn't agree more with what has been said. The mere prospect of Liquid Profiles levels everything up so much, for me. The new features improve everything so much that I really don't want anything else, now. CK is the man. I can't imagine that just this time will be a disappointment, when every time it was not.

Confusion perfection. Let's talk:

1. In a physical amp with an fx loop, the loop (and therefore whatever FX you put in there) sits between the pre and the power amp. This loop in itself can be serial or parallel, or it can be switchable, blendable or both, depending on the manufacturer and how it is built. So if it is in parallel you often can choose how much of the wet signal you blend in parallel into the dry signal (depending on how that thing is built). If it's a serial loop you won't have the option of blending. In such a rig with a loop you would hear that complete wet signal in your guitar speaker. You can then mic the speaker and send that complete wet signal to the console and FOH. Or you can choose option 2. for an amp without a loop (or with a loop that you don't want to use):

2. A physical amp without a loop (such as older amps): The signal from the speaker is dry (unless you put fx in front of the amp like The Edge does). So you mic the speaker with that dry signal, send it to the console and can then add FX, before the signal goes FOH. These FX can be blended in whatever way, of course: parallel serial etc. In a console you can do whatever you want.

3. In digital units like the Kemper, Helix, Fractal etc. the "amps" don't have a "loop". You place the FX after the (digital) modelled "power amp" and, as I said, most people place them even at the complete end of the chain (at least always after the speaker). In the Kemper you do not have the option to put FX between amp and speaker, while in Helix etc. you can. So that whole digital way is like doing it with an amp without a loop (see 2.). With the Kemper you can choose to put reverb and delay (if you put them into the last two slots, where they are supposed to be) in parallel or blend them in whatever way you want. In more "modern" units like Helix or Fractal you can do much more complex routings. In theory you could put as many fx in parallel as you want (well not really but you get the point). So before the signal goes FOH, for example, you could put 2 delays and 2 reverbs all in parallel (4 paths that don't interfere with each other). With Kemper that's not possible. In the Kemper the X and the 6th slot are always in series and will affect each other. Only the last two slots can be in parallel, if you so choose and therefore don't want the FX in those last two slots to affect each other.

I hope all that makes somehow sense to you, now.