Posts by Yam the Bomb

I’ve had my Player since Christmas. I love it. I’m a home player with too much gear. I have five nice amps and I haven’t touched any of them since I got the player. This plus a couple gain pedals through my Yamaha Monitors is just perfect.

I had a Kemper powered toaster several years ago. Loved it for a while but then after one of the updates it never sounded good again. I spent way too much time trying to reset, reload, fix that thing and got fed up with it. Traded it in to Guitar Center. A year or two later I bought a Kemper non powered rack and a powered Kone. Never loved that one at all. I should’ve bought studio monitors with that one, but just never did do it. Sold it too. I was done with Kemper.

When this was announced for just $699 I didn’t even have to think about it. Just ordered it. It’s perfect for me. The screen is HUGE and easy to read. Because it’s my iPad and it’s up by my eyes, not down on the floor. I love the Bluetooth because play at home with songs and backing tracks. If they add more features, I’ll consider buying those too. But I don’t really need anything. I do wish it had an on/off switch. But that’s really it.

You guys moaning over every little detail, hey this one ain’t for you. It’s for me. Get over it. Quit trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

It did all week But not today. I didn't unplug any connections. Everything worked perfectly last night. Then this morning I just came back in to the same setup and plugged the power on the Kemper back in (I use the supplied power cable) and it boots up fine and I can play the guitar fine through it but it won't be recognized by the Rig Manager today.

I just went and bought a new connecting cable and I even have a desktop PC that has Rig Manager on it also. I'll try both of those and report back.

When I first connected my laptop to my new Kemper Player it worked perfectly all week. Then this morning the software on the laptop (Rig Manager) says it is not able to find the player.

The connections are good. And I have rebooted the laptop and Player several times each. I was using a USB hub when it was working fine but I eliminated that and plugged the Kemper directly to the USB on the laptop. Software is the latest version on the Kemper. The laptop is a Surface Pro and very modern so I know that’s not too old for the Kemper.

Anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

I got mine yesterday. I’m a 63 year old NON-tech person that hates anything complicated at all. So far I’ve only played it through headphones but I downloaded the software from my iPad and the connection to the Kemper pedal was real easy. The software is really easy to see all the loaded amps. I was playing through them with a strat and the cleaner profiles sound amazing just as they are with no tweaking. The heavy profiles did not sound good with the Strat but likely will with Humbucker’s.

I didn’t figure out how to send music from my phone to it yet but if it does that well it’s going to be a great headphone practice amp. I have a new set of Yamaha 5” studio monitors under the Christmas tree that I plan to hook to it and I expect that will sound fine in my small room I’m going to be playing it in. I’m keeping it simple.

I don’t know if it will do everything you high level users will want, but for my use I think it will be the best piece of gear I’ve bought in a long time. I had a Kemper toaster on two different occasions and I loved it at times but got frustrated and sold it off both times. It was too much menus and options for me and when it sounded bad I couldn’t figure it out. I think this is just enough.

I ran my stage through my PS-100 and into a 2x12. The sound was awesome. This is definitely a good way to do this.

The other way I do it is to run the stage directly into a QSC K8 on a stand hooked up to the main outs. That way I can adjust volumes and know what it will sound like directly through a PA.

When you ran yours through guitar cabs did you just use direct profiles or were you happy with regular studio profiles? So far I’ve only used direct but that limits my choices.

I have a Kemper Kone that I was using in a Mesa Boogie cab. Sounded great. But I also have two Kone’s in a Victory 2x12 cab so I’m over Koned at the moment.
    I’m in southern Indiana if anyone is drivable (Louisville, KY. Nashville, TN, Indianapolis , In) I would consider interesting trades or just sell it outright for $125.

OK that problem is fixed but I have new odd issue.

I've been feeling like my Kemper is sounding pretty good lately. Downloaded the new AC50 profile from Tone Junkie and it's new to me but I'm really enjoying it. But I went to see if any different speaker selection on my Kemper Kone choices sounds better. I hold down the cabinet button but the screen to choose the speaker doesn't come up. That's odd?

So next I hold down the output button and I find that I don't even have the Kemper Kone box checked. But it sounds really good. So I press the Kone button and it sounds bad. Like real trebbly and fizzy. Odd? I uncheck the Kone and it sounds good again. So I have 2 Kemper Kones loaded in a 2X12 Victory Cabinet and previously if the "Kemper Kone" button wasn't checked it sounded like shit. Now it's the opposite.

But another thing is when I check the box and exit out and go into the cabinet button to change the speaker selection the screen is very dim and faint for the cabinets. It's didn't used to be that way either. Everything else shows up more bold.

I'm running the very latest "trial" software. The 8.XX that just updated.

Any idea what's going on?