Posts by MrMangofresh

Hi! Thanks for your support. :)
    Honestly we don't postproduce our guitar track, we usually just record 2 tracks (maybe 4 on Destruction Overdrive) and panned them full L and R!

THX for the info. So probably 2 tracks per profile? And for the solo part? You didn't double track that one right? :D

PS: The only thing "missing" for me in this pack: A profile like #77 (for me the standard Zakk tone) but without the Bezerker Overdrive. Reason: I have the real pedal :)
    Don't know if it would have made a notable difference but it's a psychological thing also ;)

Oh and also one more question: What's up with the profiles marked in yellow (stereo setup) !? How do they work since the KPA only processes one amp signal at a time?

New video! :D

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Love this pack! Was one of the first i bought for my KPA. I was trying to get near Zakk's sound for years and now got a lot closer. THX choptones :)

I have one question regarding your demo/cover of "Destruction Overdrive". Could you explain briefly how you mixed the several guitar tracks/profiles? Especially in regards of panning?

I'd be really thankful for that :)

I too really like the choptones pack. I've been trying to achieve a Zakk-like tone for years and the KPA + this pack definitely got me a lot closer.

Still struggling a bit with the chorus, though. I have an MXR Black Label Chorus, but since I don't own two KPAs (not yet :D ) I can't use the stereo mode in front of the amp.
    Will try it in the stereo loop next, maybe that will work for me. How do you go about chorus / stereo when playing live?

BTW: I'm also planning an covering come BLS stuff, still need to work on picking speed a lot though ^^ <- GIFD

Thank you guys, for all the info!

I've read the article about the equipment, which GM used for the "blues alive" concert. I never understood why he used two different Soldano models at the same time.
    Monitoring seems to answer that question. I remember reading somewhere else that it was definitely the SLO, which was recorderd.

But maybe that's not the whole truth after all. Maybe it was a mix of both of them.

Well I will keep experimenting :)

The rig manager would show activity on teh folders like a spinning circle next to them lik eit was updating and on the KPA is had a screen that read " rig updating" or something like that. i could wait an hour and it would still be doing that. so i would shut off the rig mgr, and it would give an error about rebooting the KPA and holding down the rig button.

Hm, my KPA / Rig manager once stuck while updating rigs. Seems too happen once in a while.

Hi Robert, how's your progress so far?

I just bought an old Guv'Nor Mark I, which is what Gary used for SGTB, because all other ODs I have and also the ones emulated in the Kemper won't do the trick for me.

The Guv'Nor does its job extremely well and I'm pretty close but not quite there yet.

I used the free "Fishers Sold 100" profile and tried different cabs etc, but somethings still missing.

The base tonality fits perfectly but when I compare it to the record it sounds "small and dull" somehow.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something so very special about Gary's Tone on that album, some essence I'm just not able to replicate.

Maybe you really need an old 1959 Les Paul :D

I'm also looking for a SOL 100, but for a special reason:

[Request] Achieving Gary Moore's "Blues Alive" Tone

For this I need a really raw profile from the clean channel in crunch mode, or ideally multiple ones with different settings.

It should be a merged or di pack so I can switch cabs more effectively (I would still need a Marshall 4x12 wit EV12s cab or IR ...)

What are your thoughts on this? I was about to purchase the Top Jimi Pack but now I'm not so sure...

I have yet "only" bought two commercial packs:

1. Andy James Signature Profiles by STL (about 40 rigs)
    2. Brit 800ZW Zakk Wylde Profile Pack by Choptones (about 150! rigs with lots of different mic setups etc)

I'm extremely happy with both of them, allthough they serve completely different needs (old school / modern). But definitely worth checking them out!

Hi PHILBERT,

can you post a sample video of exactly the sound you're looking for? I'm a huge 800 fan myself, maybe I can help.

I don't know if it fits your expectations but I recently bought the JCM800ZW Pack from choptones and I'm totally blown away.
    It's not only good for recreating the perfect Zakk Wylde tone, but also it has so many different Preamp, EQ, Pedal, Cab and Mic variations (I believe 150 profiles in total)
    that it fits almost all my 800-needs from clean and bluesy to high gain. Maybe check it out.

Cheers, David

Fine tone on that intro , I guess you could easily get there with a vintage amp like tweed fender but that particular tone is really dumble like , with a mid pickup pos strat; but probably single coil or spilit humbucker. Add a dist pedal for the lead tone.

For free struff , check free stuff from oraakkeli

THX for your input. Fender-like amp and single coil would be totally untypicial for Zakk but I agree it sounds kind of strat-like.

EDIT: I just realized what you meant by 'dumble like'. Will definitely check those out. :)

Hey, another request from me :)

I'm a huge Zakk Wylde fan and one of the first commercial packages I bought for my KPA was one made of his Signature JCM 800.
    It works perfectly for all his high gain shredding tones etc, but I'm not able to achieve something sounding like the bluesy stuff he plays sometimes.

A perfect example of what I mean is the intro (and also solo) in this song from the new Black Label Society album:

https://youtu.be/kCt9sIji6CU

It doesn't sound like a JCM 800 or does it? I'm kind of stuck on that. For me that's one hell of a blues tone and I would love to hear your thoughts on how someone could get in the ballpark with that.

Cheers, David