Posts by Wheresthedug

Thanks. Got the wah going through input 1. Now, I have to figure out how to have the wah off when the pedal is up, and on when down. It's the opposite now.

As you have the Mission pedal you have two options

1 - use a second cable and allocate the toe switch to turning the wah on/off just like a regular analog wah

2 - in the actual Wah settings in the Rig you are editing (not global system settings) change the operation from bypass@toe to bypass@heel

I know we all feel at home with different things and what is intuitive to one person can be baffling to another but for me the Kemper UI is a work of genius. It is so simple and intuitive it just feels natural to me. I seriously considered Helix and AxeFx at the time but one of the things that swung it for me to go Kemper was the simple elegant user interface with no annoying touch screens etc. I am sure you will get the hang of the Kemper workflow in no time at all.

I get that time is nice to have, but with that tiny screen I'd rather figure out another solution than dedicate some space to a tiny readout that I couldn't see and would just cramp out what I want and can barely see anyways.

the key is that the clock is an option that users can turn on or off depending on their personal needs. As far as I know the Stage has the same screen as the Remote and the clock function works great on the remote. I always have it on with my Powerhead/Remote rig.

beautiful work ???

Just Tried with TS Cables but had the same outcome.

There should be no difference between TS and TRS in this situation. If the devices are stereo or have a balanced signal TRS will be appropriate and TS will not achieve the desired results. However, if the devices are mono and unbalanced TS is all you need but using a TRS will normally just ignore the rig connection and work as a TS.

I would hazard a guess that that tiny latency is actually still faster than the channel switching on most value amps. Most of the high gain vale amps out there use some sort of relay switching which mutes the signal, does the change then unmutes the channel to avoid the loud pops we used to get with the earliest channel switching amps.

Like Jed, I have suffered with neck, shoulder, back, elbow and wrist related injuries ever since I got serious and started playing a lot of guitar (about 40 years now). Repetition of movement is a major cause but it is exacerbated by the playing position of the guitar itself. If played seated on the right thigh the whole torso is twisted to the right and forward. At the same time the left shoulder is dipped and the left wrist is usually put in a position of stress which can inhibit the tendons and lead to serious injury.

Some try to solve this by placing the guitar on the left thigh and using a foot rest (classical position). This does remove the need to bend forward and strain the lower back and left wrist but it also twists the torso to the left and tilts the pelvis to the right which just causes different issues.

A large part of the problem is that guitars are designed for looks (electric) and sound (acoustic) and guitarists are among the most conservative people on the planet. If it doesn’t resemble a Tele, Strat, Les Paul or Martin OM etc (basically if the design isn’t nearly a century old) they won’t play it. Most guitars demand that the player adapts their body to the instrument rather than adapt the guitar to the player.

I am now studying stringed instrument making at college and hope to start a second career business afterwards. My dream is to design ergonomic instruments (both electric and acoustic) which address the common causes of injury and allow players to play and practice comfortably for extended periods. Obviously companies like Strandberg have made great progress since the early Klein guitars but these are all electric. The real challenge is going to be managing to get a decent tone from an acoustic. Maybe i’ll never manage but I’ve suffered enough pain (and still do) that its worth trying. Hang in there. Follow medical advice and don’t give up.

I don’t have first hand experience of this as I only work at 44.1kHz (might go to 48kHz in future but no interest in going beyond) but I have seen several similar recent threads about this and I think Kemper acknowledged in one of them that this is caused by a bug which they sre working on already.

There might be a gate adjustment on the input section but I would not mess with that since it will probably affect every rig.

The Gate Effects are fixed ratio/attack and release as you pointed out. They are simple gates and aren’t frequency conscious (they treat everything the same).

The gate in the input section is a totally different beast. It is an intelligent noise suppressor. Ideally it should remove noise before the reset of the signal chain and stop that noise being amplified (eq single coil pickup hum etc) without being noticeable so isn’t really suitable for tightening up palm mutes etc. It can be set for each individual guitar and made global by locking the input section or can be rig specific by not locking the input section.

Quote from Kemper Manual

KNOISE GATE Knob (5)

This knob controls the Noise Gate, which eliminates the noise and hum of your guitar in a very smart way. Turn the NOISE GATE knob to the right until noise and hum have disappeared; do not turn it beyond that point, as this might alter the sound of your guitar. When set to the appropriate position, you will notice that noise and hum are eliminated, even when the strings are still sounding. There is no need for an additional release control as found in classic noise gates. The Noise Gate settings can be stored as part of a Rig.

Like "Clean Sens”, the Noise Gate setting is part of the Input Section and is stored with the Rig. It is also stored as part of any input preset. When the Input Section is locked, the noise gate is locked as well.

For metal sounds, we recommend adding one of the special noise gate effects, which are explained in the Noise Gate chapter.

Ah, that feature he is discussing is Morphing. It isn’t part of the system menu but part of each individual rig. The ability to set morph ranges is available in RM

Quote from Rig manager Manual

Edit Morphs

To make a parameter morph, simply hold B(Command) on Mac and C on Windows while changing its value. As you can see, this creates an increasing span between two colored dots. The orange dot repre- sents the toe position whereas the blue one shows the heel position. To change the toe value, release the option key. To reverse the position of the dots and therefore reverse how the parameter will morph, drag in the opposite direction.

typically you would use compression and EQ after the amp in a recording situation to help it sit in the mix properly. Putting a compressor in front of the amp is more of an effect for playing feel than a studio compressor. I.e. you aren’t doing anything “wrong”. If you are messing up the sound you might just be using too much compression and EQ or using too slow a release time etc.

There is no right or wrong signal path , only results. If the results are good it is right - simples.

my advice (I only wish I was better at following it myself; but do as I say not as I do ?) is to “just do it. It is really easy to spend lots of time thinking about doing stuff and planning tunes, worrying about sounds and parts for the arrangement. Then, start a project but never quite manage to finish it. Just record stuff. Finish it. Move on and record something else. You will improve every time and the satisfaction of finishing a track will inspire you to do more. In contrast, many of us get bogged down in details trying to make everything we do perfect.it never is and the feeling of never finishing saps the enthusiasm to do more.

Above all have fun ????